Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clocks Conversion... and Trip Computer?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

This might seem really REALLY petty...
    Buying a 05 Golf this week hopefully but the clocks are still split MPH/KMH and the trip computer is only MPH, I'd love to get them switched to KMH after I buy it.

Possible? Costs?

Super Small Thing I know :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can you not just adjust the trip computer to display kph? I can in my 05 Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

I seem to remember for a lot of cars this was a big job. The whole dash had to come out. Don't know about the Golf, but I think you may be better off just living with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have just read the post again and I am thinking the Golf you are looking at is a MY04 Golf that was actually registered in 05 . All new cars from 2005 sold in Ireland had to have KPH speedos like this:

CB4_1031287_4_263904.jpg

Why not just find a 05 Golf with a KPH speedo?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The new way is possibly worse than the older one IMO - what happens when people go up North? I would not make the assumption that they know what the corresponding mph limit is in km/h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A cheap way out would be to purchase a sat nav, some have basic trip computer functions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Check the owners handbook, you should be able to change the trip computer to read either KPH or MPH, from the setup menu, which is fairly simple to use.

At least it is in my Touran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

bazz26 wrote: »
    I have just read the post again and I am thinking the Golf you are looking at is a MY04 Golf that was actually registered in 05 . All new cars from 2005 sold in Ireland had to have KPH speedos like this:

More likely its a UK import.

Advertisement