Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Pipe For First Fix

Options
  • 02-10-2008 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I would like to run some gas pipe from the a location in my kitchen where an island will eventually go, before the builder screeds the floor.

I will be installing a calor gas tank so what sort of pipe should I use and can I get it from the local builder providers....

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Depending how far the run is you could use 10mm or ½" wrapped copper. It comes in a roll and fairly easy to roll out in a straight length. It might be safer to use a duct so that the pipe can be put it later as their will be a good chance that it will get bent especially when it's sitting in the middle of the floor.
    If your not using UFH you could also run 2 heating pipes to the island unit to use for either a radiator or kickspace heater.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ballystephen

Why cant you put the gas bottle inside a unit of the island?Its no different to a superser or calor gas heater

Advertisement