Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good bodyshop in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

As you know, I had a bit a car trouble and need to get a dent and scrape fixed, turns out it is a bit beyond dentmasters.

Any recommendations of top bodyshops in South Dublin, I was thinking maybe Murphy and Gunne in Rathgar??? I am uber fussy so want a top job.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I used M&G to paint and fix a kit to my car and the woirk was top notch. I don't know about body repairs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it were my car, I think i'd be bringing it to Ace Autobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Tony Byrne
    Crash repairs
    Ringsend
    D4

HAve seen his work many many times, and hes very good

Chef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Crofton Motors in Kimmage

I've used him and have recommended to others who were very happy with their work and reasonable costs

furtzy wrote: »
    Crofton Motors in Kimmage

I've used him and have recommended to others who were very happy with their work and reasonable costs
    I've used him too, following recommendations here. I thought he did a very good (although not quite top-notch) job at an excellent price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've used him too, following recommendations here. I thought he did a very good (although not quite top-notch) job at an excellent price.

he did a bumper replacment on a red Astra for me quite a while ago. He matched tha newly sprayed bumper to the rest of the car taking into account the fading that had occured.....very nice job it looked very original to the car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

R&E Motors - Greenhills Road. 01 462 7722

They do a lot of excellent work for us, and they also do all the bodykits for Des Cullen's stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

What happens if you are not 100 satisfied with the work. Lets say the silver match is out by a tiny fraction, can you insist they do it again or can you expect them to say "Ah, you'll never get it 100%".

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

They work from the factory colour code - any half decent painter will mix it right and the colour is the same as factory. Although, over the years - your car has probably faded due to oxidation. So any colour difference, is due to the fading.

Alot of the time painters will offer to buff the whole car to make it look a bit better colour-wise. I find, through my line of work, that they do more harm then good trying to get it matching up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The car is all but new so with no colour fading I will expect it to be 100% so!

• Advertisement

furtzy wrote: »
    he did a bumper replacment on a red Astra for me quite a while ago. He matched tha newly sprayed bumper to the rest of the car taking into account the fading that had occured.....very nice job it looked very original to the car
    Funnily enough, mine was a front bumper too. Maybe i'm being a bit hard on the guy, the job was very good and the car was a 7-year-old Forester so I wasn't as much of a perfectionist as usual. Nice, straight-up guy too, very easy to deal with.

I used to use a guy called Robin Sutton years ago, he's a true perfectionist. He's now the workshop manager in Ace Autobody, that's why I recommended them.

Stevie Dakota - I'd be very wary of main dealers, I brought my mother's 320d back to Maxwell to have the bumper painted when it was only a few months old. Bunch of monkies, and that's being charitable.

Advertisement