Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3 Tariff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ok, I'm a bit confussed, they don't say much on the website, how does it work?
    "If you’re scared of the switch to Pay Monthly and want control over your bills, this is the plan for you."
    You buy call credit and get that package??
    Not convinced about the pricing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Best of Both.
    Get the perks of pay monthly and the peace of
    mind of prepay – the Best of Both only with 3.
    You like prepay because you don’t want to be tied into a long contract and you don’t
    want scary bills but you’d love the latest mobiles for less and the better rates you’d get
    from pay monthly. With 3’s Best of Both you can get the best bits of pay monthly with no
    scary bills and a short 6 month contract.
    Check out what you get:
    The latest mobiles for less.
    €25 a month gets you a big bundle of talk and text to any
    network, anywhere in Ireland.
    If you need more, top up, just like prepay – you’re in control.
    Free and from your mobile.
    Your 100 flexi-units can be used on any mix of talk, text and
    internet on your mobile*.
    If you need more calls, texts or data once your flexi-units are
    gone, or if the service you want is not included in your flexiunits,
    you can top up with a 3Pay voucher. You can use top-up
    for voice calls (including international ones), text messaging,
    football highlights, music videos, games and much more.
    http://www.three.ie/pdf/current-priceguide.pdf

I still think their old tariff that im on is best for me:
    http://www.three.ie/priceplans/legacy3.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

It seems like every new tariff gets worse and worse in terms of value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

kelzer wrote: »
    It seems like every new tariff gets worse and worse in terms of value.

ya i agree..

hold on 6 mnoth contract...so its not prepay then???:eek:

No it's a contract tariff. It seems like once you reach the 25 euro you have to top up to get more credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No it's a contract tariff. It seems like once you reach the 25 euro you have to top up to get more credit.

The idea behind it is that people don't get bill shocked, You bill can't go over €25pm, If you use up all your allocated allowance you just top up like a pay as you go phone...

You get 100 flexi units, 100 free 3 to 3 minutes, Free Skype, Free MSN and free content (not age restricted) through planet 3....

Compared to 02's clear 50 plan it good, 02 give you 50 minutes and 50 texts...and the possibility of bill shock..

With the 3 plan you can have 80 minutes + 60 texts & all the other free stuff 3 give you....all with the added security your bill will only be €25....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Keep an eye on your calls and texts and you won't get bill shock. Going by a lot of previous threads here it also helps to check what the various charges are.

It's not hard.

Gillo wrote: »
    Keep an eye on your calls and texts and you won't get bill shock. Going by a lot of previous threads here it also helps to check what the various charges are.

It's not hard.

I reckon nearly every one that signs up to a pay monthly plan will get bill shock at some stage, I think it's a good move by 3 and adds a bit of honesty to the mix, they are basically saying we won't screw you with your bills...and we're only looking for a 6mt commitment...

now if they'd only bring that in for all their tarrifs....:rolleyes:

It seems very bad value compared to the Relax 90 tariff which gives 90 flex units for €19 per month.

i've seen people sign up to relax 90 and run up huge bills in their first couple of Months, My Brother ran up a €500 bill on Talk 100.....

The beauty of this is, a lot of people would be scared of getting a huge bill so they stick with pay as you go, This way they won't get a big surprise bill......I really think it's a good idea but the fact that's only the 1 tarrif option cuts out a lot of people who are scared of bills but would use a lot more than 100 minutes.....

Nice to see 3 try something different again....

• Advertisement

Yeah 3 are certainly coming up with new tariff options which is welcome. Now if only the other networks would come up with something new for bill pay, especially Meteor.

Now if only the other networks would come up with something new for bill pay, especially Meteor.

Until 3 hit the million customer mark I doubt the other networks will be 2 worried....
    Had a lady buy out her Meteor contract today and switch to 3, looks like she'll save about 100 a month.....and Meteor are cheap, I feel sorry for the voda and 02 customers....there really getting ripped...

I'm contemplating moving to 3 from meteor but I'm holding out to see if Meteor have any new bill pay tariffs coming. Otherwise I may jump!

Advertisement