Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating up an ATTiC?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I've become quite the lucky man and moved back home to live in the attic! (But I dont have a curfew)

Anyways its ****ing freezing! The heaters dont seem to work very well and obviously the "walls" dont keep the room very warm. Can anyone suggest to me either

A) Some heaters at argos that dont run the electricity up crazy amounts
    B) Simple ways to keep the room warmer.

There are storage hatches which I've blocked the cracks up with towels and what not. I keep the doors shut. Not much use.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Generally attic floors (or the bedroom ceilings) are insulated but the inside of the roof isn't. If that's the case with you then you'll be getting little or no heat from below and losing whatever you create with heaters out through the roof. So, at a guess I'd say you need to check or install insulation inside the actual roof.

Advertisement