Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT EXEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Kafer wrote: »

So what do ye think? :D

Very nice in the way the last a4 was.

Strikes me though as Tk Maxx of the automotive world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Kafer wrote: »

Nice Headlamps, or were you asking about the car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Looks like the old A4. Don't like it at all maybe in a different color. Def would not buy it.

How tall is your one car looks small beside her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definately looks like Seat borrowed the key to it's sister company Audi's patented shop..

Interior is a vast improvement on current Seats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a car in that photo! Took me ages to see it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Check out her knockers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

superjosh9 wrote: »
    Check out her knockers!

Think that says it all about this car

re the car - thought they could have done a better job of making it look newer/fresher. I still think what they've done is a good idea - I'd sooner buy one of these than a Leon/Altea/Toledo - They aren't very neutral-looking cars and I was shocked that Seat would allow themselves to make them all so similar.

I like the seats in it. I don't like the back which looks like the rear of the previous Leon. LED lights might have made it fresher though? Over-hangs are pushing it a bit too - especially at the front with the new grille.

Question is, for a start, can it compete with the new Insignia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

re the car - thought they could have done a better job of making it look newer/fresher. I still think what they've done is a good idea - I'd sooner buy one of these than a Leon/Altea/Toledo - They aren't very neutral-looking cars and I was shocked that Seat would allow themselves to make them all so similar.

I like the seats in it. I don't like the back which looks like the rear of the previous Leon. LED lights might have made it fresher though? Over-hangs are pushing it a bit too - especially at the front with the new grille.

Question is, for a start, can it compete with the new Insignia?

How can it compete with an Insignia/Mondeo etc. when it's based on a 7 year old design (conceived over 10 years ago) that was never class-leading in the first place?

Having said that, if they had at least re-bodied the A4 it might be just about acceptable but as it is it can only be negative for the image of both Audi and SEAT. Woefully cynical - a 3rd world concept. How can VAG spend gazzilions on image-builders like the Veyron and R8 and then throw up this garbage for their mainstream brands?

No doubt there will be a few tight-arse, own-brand, cute hoors who buy into the whole 'Audi-for-SEAT money' thing but they are making the assumption that the Audi was a cut above in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

If I owned an A4 I would be marching on Ingolstadt right now. Imagine BMW selling the old E46 3 series rights to Kia, its a joke and it will only undermine Audis credibility.

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »
    How can it compete with an Insignia/Mondeo etc. when it's based on a 7 year old design (conceived over 10 years ago) that was never class-leading in the first place?

Having said that, if they had at least re-bodied the A4 it might be just about acceptable but as it is it can only be negative for the image of both Audi and SEAT. Woefully cynical - a 3rd world concept. How can VAG spend gazzilions on image-builders like the Veyron and R8 and then throw up this garbage for their mainstream brands?

No doubt there will be a few tight-arse, own-brand, cute hoors who buy into the whole 'Audi-for-SEAT money' thing but they are making the assumption that the Audi was a cut above in the first place.

I'd say it was more of a case of SEAT was in trouble and they needed a quick-fix - why would they have done this instead of building a new car on the new Passat/Superb platform? I'd say SEAT ruled itself out of that when it was being created, for whatever reason - or maybe they had yet another car ready to be signed off that was designed in a similar vain to the Leon/Altea/Toledo - and seeing that they weren't seeling - abandoned it at the last moment.

I'd say this whole EXEO thing was done at warp-speed, tooling readily available, connotations with Audi brand can only be a good thing - especially for someone moving up from a polo or a corolla or something like that.

But why do you consider this to be worse than other standard badge engineering tricks by VW? Is it just the lazy disguise this time?

It's only over the last 10-15 years that car life-cycles has been dramatically reduced. e.g, the life of the Golf Mk 5! It's going crazy. Sure the A4 was never the best - but it was far from the worst - and if it was good enough in 02 - why not now? It's a safe car and let's not forget that it's engine are the same as other *current* Audis and VWs etc that you can buy now.

If I owned an A4 I would be marching on Ingolstadt right now. Imagine BMW selling the old E46 3 series rights to Kia, its a joke and it will only undermine Audis credibility.

Merc sold the rights to the W124 years ago as the Ssangyong Chairman. That hasn't hurt anyone, has it?

Ssangyongchairman.jpg

I honestly don't get what the big deal is. Anyone that didn't realise the previous A6 WAS a Passat, and that current ones aren't that much different, must be wearing blinkers. How is this any different from a TT being a Golf!??! Actually come to think of it - I hope SEAT take the TT and do a number on that too.

I absolutely hate badge engineering. It kills me that Volvos are Fords. But they are - the same way that Audis are VWs and Seats are Skodas and Bentleys are Phaetons. The Phaeton 'Sport' you might call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Merc sold the rights to the W124 years ago as the Ssangyong Chairman. That hasn't hurt anyone, has it?

Ssangyongchairman.jpg

Bit of a stupid comparison, its not like anyone bought one of those, not in Europe anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

It's an A4 with a Mondeo front only thing Seat is the badge :p

Not too fussed with the interior, have to agree, the headlights are nice :D

2010_seat_exeo_sedan_003-1001-950x673.jpg

2010_seat_exeo_sedan_008-1001-950x673.jpg

2010_seat_exeo_sedan_011-1001-950x673.jpg

2010_seat_exeo_sedan_012-1001-950x673.jpg

Mr.David wrote: »
    Bit of a stupid comparison, its not like anyone bought one of those, not in Europe anyway.

I love this...

back to those car magazines eh?

I love this...

back to those car magazines eh?

You've lost me there?!

Why "back to the car magazines"?

You dont need magazines to see that no-one bought one......the fact that I've never seen and all....:rolleyes:

I honestly don't get what the big deal is. Anyone that didn't realise the previous A6 WAS a Passat, and that current ones aren't that much different, must be wearing blinkers. How is this any different from a TT being a Golf!??! Actually come to think of it - I hope SEAT take the TT and do a number on that too.

VW and Audi have always been joined at the hip, and most people know that. There is not a huge gulf between the cachet of each brand, however, now VAG is saying with the Exeo that Audi and Seat are to be regarded as similar, I think that is a badge too far to retain Audis credibility.

And yes, we are talking about the perception of the brand, rather than the quality of the cars. Just look at the response it is getting here, it is a bad move, no doubt initiated by accountants, and I think it will be regretted.

... no doubt initiated by accountants, and I think it will be regretted.

don't forget the marketing men!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It's an A4 with a Mondeo front only thing Seat is the badge :p

2010_seat_exeo_sedan_003-1001-950x673.jpg

Front reminds me of a Rover 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Nice, I want one

When are they out?

• Advertisement

Nice, I want one

When are they out?

Just to clarify, are we talking about the car?

Just to clarify, are we talking about the car?

I'd take either:pac:

I'd take either:pac:

Ya but if you had to choose which would it be......................

................the left one or the right one?:D

Mr.David wrote: »
    Ya but if you had to choose which would it be......................

................the left one or the right one?:D

the right one in the left one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Can we please stop talking about the laydeee now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

EXEO? Shouldn't it be called the EXA4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Biro wrote: »
    EXEO? Shouldn't it be called the EXA4?

ROTFL:D:D

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

peasant wrote: »
    Can we please stop talking about the laydeee now?

Might aswell close off the thread so..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Exeo has the 1.6 102 bhp engine which dates back to pre historic times as the entry petrol lump. So much for it getting the latest engines in the VAG stable then. This engine might even be older than the 1.9 TDI, it's been around so long I can't remember when it first came out.

The 3 4 cylinder diesels are the same as in the latest A4 at least.

I like the looks of both objects in the picture btw, elegant and understated:pac:!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

look its (new seat a4) a4

Advertisement