Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV or UPC?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I've moved back to Ireland - when I left UTV had just set up and were the only company offering broadband (Anyone remember those days!)

Anyways the family have kept with them since then (Simply because they dont care)

Are UPC any good? They say they have 20MB connection. I've no idea what UTV has anymore but we are paying about 40 Euro PM!

We have UPC for the TV so I'm guessing I can get the internet with them as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Check the current UTV deals. UTV are about as cheap as Eircom reseller phoneline based DSL gets, but your folks probably haven't elected for the new deals if they weren't paying attention, so are paying far too much. Also check whether the likes of Smart or BT operate their own services in your area, these will be faster than the resold Eircom product.

Most, but not all, UPC subscribers can obtain broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 limerick-kev24

We have UPC for the TV so I'm guessing I can get the internet with them as well?[/quote]

Not exactly- give them a ring, it all depends on your location. There internet service is pretty fast and was awarder best internet service provider last year. 20mb with no download limits from 40 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

They throtthle torrents AFAIK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

UPC, best of a bad bunch. I'm with them and can't imagine using another isp. That said, there's plenty of people having issues with them. I'm inner city Cork for the record.

Advertisement