Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Louth

Options
  • 02-10-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Just wondering whom you guys use for Insurance?

I've 5+ NCB been living in Dundalk for just about a year and my premium has gone up by about 63% from 319 to 520.

Prior to this my 2005 passat highline estate was in dublin. However it is garaged and gates are locked and garage is out the back.

Not happy with the Louth loading they have lumped me with!

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Try FBD 042 9391800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Don't know how you're paying that kind of money. My 08 Vectra Design costs less than €340 fully comprehensive p.a.

Try Hibernian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Thanks Lads,

FBD quoted at €650.00
    Quinn quoted at €1054.00 - absolute jokers - I know someone (sparks) insured with Quinn on a lwb transit, fully comp with open drive and his 22 year old son as a named driver for all of €540.00 per year!
    AA quoted at €475.00
    Hibernian quoted at €650.00

I work out of a home office car is for Social and domestic use etc.

There is a www.nononsense.ie website which can quote as low as €309.00 which would be with a 2k excess and no NCB protection etc. but it is with FBD which I find funny to be honest - same company but different rates. Even with a 250 euro excess and NCB protection and windscreen etc. it came in under €475.00!

Going to try one last place but not holding out much hope to be honest. I do believe that all the recent stock market issues are having an effect and that were my policy up a few months ago it would have been less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Try insure.ie maybe. I always get a good deal from them but my ncb is 10 years + so that helps. Also I have the two cars with them which again helps once you tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Does anybody think that when this cross border co operation on speeding / penalty points comes in that Louth will drop down the danger list a bit and we wont be loaded as much ?

Getting annoying now !

Thinking of registering my car down to Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement