Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Topaz Clean Fuel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,002 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ironically, I've used that argument on here when people have mentioned the Wincanton trucks supplying Tesco & Topaz; but I've a mate who works in the Tesco station who asked the delivery driver - tanker is filled entirely with the same 'blend' so to speak for the Lucan/Maynooth run.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

milltown wrote: »
    We used to do a lot of work down the docks on the COP (common oil pipeline, which all fuel that comes into Dublin port is pumped through and divvied up to the different companies) and I asked the question years ago about the Shell stuff. I was told that the treatments/additives are added at the depot, between the stuff coming off the boat and going into the trucks.
    With some fuels the additives are already in the fuel when it is taken off the ship. With others its added in the terminal. For example the Topaz petrol biofuel is premixed but the forthcoming biodiesel will have an additive added at the gantry in the terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

milltown wrote: »
    You do realise that the tanker isn't actually one big long tank, yeah? There's 4 or 5 compartments which could each be holding a different fuel, although if Hammertime is to be believed they probably aren't.

And you do realise that petrol stations with the sufficent storage cannot order anything less than full loads anymore so your tanker is not goign to be delivering to different places with different loads on board.

As I sit here typing this there is a portway tanker offloading into the tanks not 100 yards from me. This fuel is joinging about 600k liters of fuel already in the ground that has been deposited there over the past 12 hours by LOTS of different tankers.

In the morning it will all be drawn out by lots of different tankers from different and dispersed all over the north east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Snake oil, pixie dust...etc etc take your pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackoglee

Hi, I,ve tried the new Topaz Clean fuel in my BMW for the last 3 weeks and I noticed a definate improvement, car driving better, the computer on the car shows improvement of about 3% in motorway driving.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I have just switched from Texaco which 99% of the time I was putting in . The Car is running a lot smoother on the Topaz fuel. A mate with an Alfa 156 is finding the same thing he was also using texaco before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Only filled up with this stuff once and happened to see the highest knock reading i've ever seen with the stuff in the tank, I won't be using anything but E5 again

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

alexmcred wrote: »
    I have just switched from Texaco which 99% of the time I was putting in . The Car is running a lot smoother on the Topaz fuel. A mate with an Alfa 156 is finding the same thing he was also using texaco before

Same here, I have a 147 1.6 Petrol and before 5-6 weeks ago I was using Texaco only, I have now switched to Topaz and my car is noticably smoother.

My wifes car is the same and she noticed it herself, now that means there is definitely a difference as she does not notice anything about the car normally :D

Hi, I was very interested in why they were dojng this and not charging for the additive and while i was talking to one of the staff in one of the garages they explained that the company was irish owned and was going to do new things all the time. They are also much cheaper than when they were statoil and shell. In my local one thay always match Tesco prices. They staff member also said that in the UK, BP charge for the additive and call it ultimate, it's 5 cent dearer than normal stuff.
    These new Topaz guys are fab:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 69,002 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not like Top and Emo weren't already Irish owned... (and Maxol depending on your point of view)

• Advertisement

jackoglee wrote: »
    Hi, I was very interested in why they were dojng this and not charging for the additive and while i was talking to one of the staff in one of the garages they explained that the company was irish owned and was going to do new things all the time. They are also much cheaper than when they were statoil and shell. In my local one thay always match Tesco prices. They staff member also said that in the UK, BP charge for the additive and call it ultimate, it's 5 cent dearer than normal stuff.
    These new Topaz guys are fab:eek:

THEY DO NOT OFFER ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO ANYONE ELSE !!!!!

(for the fifteenth time)

My fuel is the exactly same as the fabled Topaz clean fuel :rolleyes:, I'm often asked to take a half load on the same tanker as them ffs !

IT IS BULLSH1T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Hammertime wrote: »
    THEY DO NOT OFFER ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO ANYONE ELSE !!!!!

(for the fifteenth time)

My fuel is the exactly same as the fabled Topaz clean fuel :rolleyes:, I'm often asked to take a half load on the same tanker as them ffs !

IT IS BULLSH1T.

Ye always get this fuel is better than that fuel and ye really notice it etc .... to me its a bull**** placebo effect. The only normal fuel which is considerably different is E5

Lads, if you have vested interests and that's obvious, perhaps you are not objective. in your assesment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Lads, if you have vested interests and that's obvious, perhaps you are not objective. in your assesment.

:confused::confused:

huh?

assessment? what assessment?

I'm telling you like it is, I don't give a monkeys where you buy your fuel.

the fact is its smoke and mirrors, on Monday I got one and a half loads of fuel, 35k unl and 21k derv, the remaining 28k in the second tanker was going to Topaz in finglas as they were out of "Clean Fuel" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 King Chili

Hammertime wrote: »
    huh?

assessment? what assessment?

I'm telling you like it is, I don't give a monkeys where you buy your fuel.

the fact is its smoke and mirrors, on Monday I got one and a half loads of fuel, 35k unl and 21k derv, the remaining 28k in the second tanker was going to Topaz in finglas as they were out of "Clean Fuel" :rolleyes:

Hammertime, you are wrong. No two ways about it. The AA independently audit it and this information is available on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

King Chili wrote: »
    Hammertime, you are wrong. No two ways about it. The AA independently audit it and this information is available on their website.

Do you care to furnish us with a link?

Advertisement