Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 Way Diff. Can anybody fit one?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My first post and i'm looking for help. Sorry about that. :D

Anyways, I just bought a 97 Toyota Chaser, and it came with a brand new TRD 2 way diff, still in its box, waiting to be fitted to the car.
    The problem is I can't find anybody to fit it, in Leinster. Does anybody here know of a mechanic with experience in fitting diffs, and setting the backlash?
    I want it done properly, because I don't want to have to replace the crown and pinion, afetr a few weeks, due to an incorrectly set diff.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Bohernabreena gearbox centre in Dublin will do it 11850 will get you the no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

not many people can do it, i Myself tryed my hand at it with a e36 beemer and jasus... you need a team of guys to fit then un assamble as you try ti get the settings right ( very little " set in stone " setting guides for most cars )

is that garage in santry not doing the drift cars anymore ?

Advertisement