Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht vs Leinster

• 02-10-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

The match of the season :D

always close enough when it's in galway, especially if it is pissing out of the heavens like it currently is.
    Leinster fielding a weaker side which is disappointing, but hopefully connacht will grab at least a bonus point of them

Leinster squad to face Connacht
    Forwards (12): Cian Healy, Stan Wright, Brian Blaney, John Fogarty, CJ Van Der Linde, Leo Cullen, Trevor Hogan, Cameron Jowitt, Devin Toner, Rocky Elsom, Sean O'Brien, Stephen Keogh
    Backs (11): Chris Keane, Chris Whitaker, Felipe Contepomi, Jonathan Sexton, Simon Keogh, Fergus Mc Fadden, Luke Fitzgerald, Gary Brown, Shane Horgan, Felix Jones, Rob Kearney

Missing: (forwards) jackman, o'kelly, jennings and heaslip
    (backs) o'driscoll, dempsey

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Connacht 22:

Backs: Liam Bibo, Kieran Campbell, Fionn Carr, Gavin Duffy, John Hearty, Ian Keatley, Keith Matthews, Frank Murphy, Troy Nathan, Michael Roberts

Forwards: Andrew Browne, Sean Cronin, Andrew Farley, Ronan Loughney, Michael McCarthy, Robbie Morris, Conor Muldoon, John Muldoon, Johnny O'Connor, Colm Rigney, Michael Swift, Brett Wilkinson.

Not considered due to injury: A Dunne (hamstring-knack), A Flavin (rib-ouch), R Ofisa (shoulder-gah), C O'Loughlin (hip-tweak).

Disappeared into the ether: Danny Riordan, Mel Deane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Robbo wrote: »
    Connacht 22:

Backs: Liam Bibo, Kieran Campbell, Fionn Carr, Gavin Duffy, John Hearty, Ian Keatley, Keith Matthews, Frank Murphy, Troy Nathan, Michael Roberts

Forwards: Andrew Browne, Sean Cronin, Andrew Farley, Ronan Loughney, Michael McCarthy, Robbie Morris, Conor Muldoon, John Muldoon, Johnny O'Connor, Colm Rigney, Michael Swift, Brett Wilkinson.

Not considered due to injury: A Dunne (hamstring-knack), A Flavin (rib-ouch), R Ofisa (shoulder-gah), C O'Loughlin (hip-tweak).

Disappeared into the ether: Danny Riordan, Mel Deane

What happened Riordan, I remember him ripping Munster apart in Thomond when he was 19 or 20? Has he fallen by the wayside completely? Tbh, I was hoping Munster would poach him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

What happened Riordan, I remember him ripping Munster apart in Thomond when he was 19 or 20? Has he fallen by the wayside completely? Tbh, I was hoping Munster would poach him.
    He lost his starting place at full back due to Duffy caming back and his tendency to make a bags of a high ball. Last year he ended up on the wing or at 12 in between injuries. No idea if he's even fit at the moment because the CB rarely give any proper information on injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maccers55

Riordan is a prime example of how Bradley is having such a negative impact on Connacht. Riordan without doubt is a quality player but lately he appears to have lost a lot of confidence. A large part of the problem imo is Bradley's insistance in playing him in a number of different positions - full back/winger/centre. Its debateable which is his best position and that decision needs to be made sooner rather than later, but he is most certainly not a winger. Only last xmas aginst Muster he was one of the best players on the pitch playing centre yet within a couple of months bradley was picking Mostyn (a poor winger) at 2nd centre and Riordan on the wing. it defies logic. if Bradley stays at connacht riordan needs to get out of there. remember this is the same player that was on the irish training 35 less than 2 years ago and now he is actually going backwards. bradley is a disease to connacht rugby and any potential future talent they have. i hope keatley and carr don't suffer a similar fate!!

Just looked up his stats there, he's only turned 24 but he should really have progressed more, imo.

I agree with you Macca, Bradley wrecks players by shifting them all over the place for no apparent reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Riordan is a prime example of how Bradley is having such a negative impact on Connacht.

Yes, but why is there nothing happening publicly about trying to get Bradley out. I have nothing against the man personally but he is destroying Connacht. His decisions are dreadful.

Last year, during games the teams fitness seemed very poor especially compared with the opposition so they appoint new fitness coaches and ALREADY at this stage in the season, their fitness seems EVEN worse than last year, let alone some of his team positioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

I definitely agree. Bradley should go. I know Connacht don't have the resources that the other provinces do but they have to start doing better. They've got some good players and should be doing better.

I can't understand the whole "well fair play to Bradley, he's doing a decent job in Connacht with no resources etc" argument. Decent job? They come last or second last every year, he couldn't be doing any worse!

IRFU efforts with Bradley haven't worked, time to find someone else. Mind you we've got to start developing world class coaches - 3 of 4 provincial coaches are Australian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

ALH-06 wrote: »
    I definitely agree. Bradley should go. I know Connacht don't have the resources that the other provinces do but they have to start doing better. They've got some good players and should be doing better.

I can't understand the whole "well fair play to Bradley, he's doing a decent job in Connacht with no resources etc" argument. Decent job? They come last or second last every year, he couldn't be doing any worse!

IRFU efforts with Bradley haven't worked, time to find someone else. Mind you we've got to start developing world class coaches - 3 of 4 provincial coaches are Australian!

You cant make wine from oranges, he'd have to have to some semblence of being a decent coach to start with. But I agree with you that there is a lack of young Irish coaches coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You cant make wine from oranges, he'd have to have to some semblence of being a decent coach to start with. But I agree with you that there is a lack of young Irish coaches coming through.

Orange wine, hmmm, you may be onto an idea there!

I was prepared until this season to give Bradley the benefit of the doubt, thought he didn't have much to work with in terms of money and players, and was quite encouraged by the signings made this summer. Expected a good start to the season and improved displays, losing bonus points anyway for matches where we would have been well beaten before. But the Glasgow game aside, its been a total disaster. Defence is a shambles, fitness levels are non-existent it seems, looks like preseason was a waste of time this year.
    I'm rapidly losing patience now, and reckon its only a matter of time before the crowd turns on him, but where are we going to get a decent coach from? Elwood would prob be next choice, and he's part of the setup already, so no new ideas or inspiration there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bradley needs to go, simple as. He's a disaster. I am firmly convinced that Ireland would have done much better in the summer if he hadn't been there in charge.

However, no chance of him being fired due to his father-in-law. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

Heroditas wrote: »

oh ffs........:rolleyes:

Heroditas wrote: »
    Bradley needs to go, simple as. He's a disaster. I am firmly convinced that Ireland would have done much better in the summer if he hadn't been there in charge.

I agree, I'm just glad Munster managed to avoid him again. We mightn't always be so lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

15: Rob Kearney
    14: Shane Horgan
    13: Luke Fitzgerald
    12: Felipe Contepomi
    11: Simon Keogh
    10: Jonathan Sexton
    9: Chris Keane

1: Stan Wright
    2: John Fogarty
    3: CJ Van Der Linde
    4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
    5: Devin Toner
    6: Rocky Elsom
    7: Sean O’Brien
    8: Stephen Keogh

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Cian Healy
    17: Brian Blaney
    18: Trevor Hogan
    19: Cameron Jowitt
    20: Chris Whitaker
    21: Fergus McFadden
    22: Gary Brown

Be interesting to see how Luke and Keogh do.

Connacht Team: F Carr; L Bibo, G Duffy, K Matthews, M Roberts; I Keatley, F Murphy; B Wilkinson, S Cronin, R Loughney; M McCarthy, A Farley; J Muldoon (C), J O'Connor, C Rigney.

Replacements: C Muldoon, R Morris, A Browne, M Swift, K Campbell, T Nathan, J Hearty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

riordan has been injured of late and is playing for buccaneers vs dolphin @ full back so should be interesting to see how he recovers

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Currently 9-3 leinster with 30 mins gone, just been yellow card for connacht. Anyone know if theres a radio link??

Just found this link: http://www.justin.tv/sportstime

9-9 now, connacht on top and still a man down. Cmon Leinster ffs:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Leinster would want to up it signifigantly in the second to avoid an upset. Good gritty performance from the men of the west so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Leinster hopeless at the moment. What has happened to Shane Horgan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I was hoping for a bonus point, but this looks optomistic for more.

Mother of god its hard beinmg a leinster fan.....:mad:

What a try for Connacht!!!!

09-16

But now Connacht are down to 14 for the rest of the game.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

14-9 Connaught tho they now a man down permanently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

15-14 leinster! players that is

What a try for Connacht!!!!

09-16

But now Connacht are down to 14 for the rest of the game.:mad:

Hopefully that will make us fight harder to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Before there's a huge debate about whether Connacht #4 deserved a second yellow: he deserved a 100% straight red for headbutting in the face. No doubt whatsoever.

16 - 9 . Come on Connacht

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Trojan wrote: »
    Before there's a huge debate about whether Connacht #4 deserved a second yellow: he deserved a 100% straight red for headbutting in the face. No doubt whatsoever.

As a Leinster supporter Leo deserved a yellow for starting the thing.

19-12 to Connacht

19 - 12 now, why do i feel so nervous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

19-12 now. 25 minutes is a long way go with 14 men though

We managed to avoid an almost certain Leinster Try there.

Leinster are piling on the pressure, a long time left to hold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

19-15 now. Another almost try for Leinster... they really knocking on the door!

Whats left? stuck at work, c'mon connacht!!!

19-18

9 mins left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Connacht's lineout is very bad and costing them territory every time.

19-18 with 8 mins left

• Advertisement

dear jesus time goes slow

One minute to go

c'mon god help the west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

19 - 18
    Pitch Invasion, Class!

con win.

killed the clock for the last 5mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well done Connacht

Seven Worlds will Collide

Its all over!!!

Well done Connacht from a Munster man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭ironingbored

All over. Connaught 19-18 winners.

What now for Leinster?

woooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Such a tense ending, it seemed to go on forever.I can hardly believe we managed to hold on.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement