Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht vs Leinster

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

RuggieBear wrote: »
    banned

As an aside I have taken a step back in the last week or so from my usual modding just to see what happens...

I'm really not impressed. It doesn't take long for the petty provincial biases to emerge and the same pathetic point scoring repeatd ad nauseum

I don't think there's any Connacht-Leinster bitching going on, just some criticism of particular incidents from 2/3 players.
    In fairness, most posters have not tried to defend the indefensible, even from their own players, and you've banned someone for an obviously over the top comment, fair enough. But this thread has been remarkably free of petty point scoring as far as I can see. Plenty of honest opinion on certain players and coaches, but thats welcome in my book...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

The only footage I've seen of the match is in the youtube link above.

- Firstly, congrats to Connaght, as what it sounds like from various news reports and the discussion here that it was a hard-fought and vital win. If the province ever needed a win it was now and fair play to them. As an Irish rugby supporter I'm delighted for them.

- Leinster, wtf? It makes it a bit easier to swallow that an Irish side benefited from this display, but nationalism aside, this was a game that should've been a strong victory based on the recent form of both sides. Unacceptable, and we better see a massive improvement in Murrayfield this Saturday lunchtime.

- Re try/bust up. Great broken play try from Connaght, and another reason the win was deserved they were the only team to breach the opposition's line. The handbags after that were disgraceful; not the punches, but Cullen's sly elbow. There was absolutely no call for that, and he totally caught the Connaght player (Keatley?) unawares. He should've been binned straightaway for it, that's the sort of dirty, sly sh1te that you see in AFL or GAA every once in a while, and in no sport is it acceptable, even more so when play is dead! I didn't see McCarthy's first yellow, but he could've easily gone for the headbutt, which was foolish and dirty. Elsom really was caught up in the whole thing before he knew it and was unlucky to be carded (despite the fact he did throw a couple of punches)

All in all, well done to Connaght, but Leinster need to cop the f*ck on and start playing and managing games to their potential. It's not good enough to have a squad of this pedigree and to be held scoreless at home one week, and then lose to one of the weakest teams the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Ulstermell0

RuggieBear wrote: »
    banned

As an aside I have taken a step back in the last week or so from my usual modding just to see what happens...

I'm really not impressed. It doesn't take long for the petty provincial biases to emerge and the same pathetic point scoring repeatd ad nauseum
    bit over the top isn't it? he/she was just stating an opinion on what cullen did, which most people seem to agree with.

lets just hope you dont have to take a holiday eh mien furer? or the internet might collapse in on itself. ;)

talking of provincial bias people have said worse about Best (not to mention Paul Ackford!) on that thread - with no bannings ( except for the man himself obviously!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

bit over the top isn't it? he/she was just stating an opinion on what cullen did, which most people seem to agree with.

Seemed very harsh to me too. He said the same as every1 else, just used a bad word to describe it.

I was reading through this thread had nothing to contribute upon, just interested to see what people were saying and saw no malice in the thread from anyone really and id hate to see it closed.

Congrats to Connacht, pity i was sick on Sunday and couldnt make it up for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Diom

No I don't think that the yellow was fair for pulling down in the lineout. It should have been a penalty. If the ref wanted to warn someone then he can warn someone, but a general warning for Connacht when Leinster were at the same craic, stinks of bias. Not purposeful bias, but the kind that comes from the rep that Connacht have as spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Personal abuse is not tolerated.

back on topic people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

phog wrote: »
    Since the IRFU capped the number of foreign players a province can sign.

Cullen will not be cited - it seems once it's an inter-pro you can do as you like and Cullen I guess took advantage of this. It's possible he took his fustration with his team out on the poor Connacht guy but it was still a cheap shot and deserves punishment.

As for Fitz being ahead of the kicker - I think that is getting more common place in the race for winning the restart. One assistant ref should be assigned to stay on the line and watch the early break and penalise it, that would rule it out.
    Only means that have to play a certain amount of irish players. they could play them until they're 40 years old and never blood someone new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sangre wrote: »
    Only means that have to play a certain amount of irish players. they could play them until they're 40 years old and never blood someone new.

So you really think that's why the IRFU pay the players and then have a rule about foreign players. Come on even you must realise it's about giving the young Irish players an opportunity and developing the game here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Stev_o wrote: »
    Keatley who is 20 peformed like a season pro, kicking was excellent and executed the game plan perfectly but more importantly then other aspect he TACKLED. 10's by nature are always hidden away from tackles and tbh Leinster would have been thinking to themselves they only would have to deal with 13 players after McCarthy got carded but Keatley stepped up and made his tackles all over the park lesser OH would of continued to avoid making tackles.
    Couldn;t agree more with this, even OGara has been known to shy away.
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    Oh I agree, absolutely, but Keane is a terrilbe player. full stop. we had presented quick ball on the Connacht 22, which I pointed out earlier, took him the guts of half a minute to pass although the ball had been presented.
    Sangre wrote: »
    since when do provinces 'have' to blood players?

Since the IRFU pay their wages?

One other thing that annoys me is re: the bashing of Sexton, how does anyone here know that he didn't do what he was told and his hands were tied? This chat about "he executed the gameplan perfectly" etc is pure tripe as noone knows what the gameplan for either side was.

It's not bashing to point out that a professional sportsman did not deliver. Let's hope he picks up his game for Irelands sake, but let's not conveniently fail to mention the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

I thought Sexton played OK. He learnt his lesson from last week and made some space for himself by standing a few yards further back from the play. He only had one bad kick, broke through the Connacht line a few times and moved the ball out wide in a predictable kind of way.

He didn't set the game on fire but he didn't make any mistakes either. He played competantly, no better and no worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

Connacht's Michael McCarthy had his first yellow card overturned from last weekend's game and avoided a suspension as a result of this.
    However he has been suspended for three weeks for headbutting.

What about Cullens elbow to Keatleys face? If he doesn't get suspended for that when McCarthy gets suspended for a headbutt that didn't even make contact then it's f'ing ridiculous!
    There's not even a mention of Cullen getting reprimanded on the IRFU article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

If the IRFU let Cullen's elbow slide, I'll be pretty annoyed too - even as a lifelong Leinster fan. There's no way that kind of thuggery should be acceptable in the modern professional era. :mad:

JWAD wrote: »
    Connacht's Michael McCarthy had his first yellow card overturned from last weekend's game and avoided a suspension as a result of this.
    However he has been suspended for three weeks for headbutting.

Can't argue with that, if you use your head to hit someone you deserve all you get. Cullen should have got the same IMO

EDIT: Just read the IRFU article, it says he was cited for the headbutt. If so, why wasn't Cullen cited for the elbow? Disgraceful...

Diom wrote: »
    What about Cullens elbow to Keatleys face? If he doesn't get suspended for that when McCarthy gets suspended for a headbutt that didn't even make contact then it's f'ing ridiculous!
    There's not even a mention of Cullen getting reprimanded on the IRFU article.

Haven't seen the "IRFU article" is it posted on this site?

If Cullen gets off without a citing for the reckless use of his elbow then the IRFU have no creditability especially as it seems they intend to cite McCarthy for a headbutt.

Swamp the IRFU office with emails and calls till they get their act together.

http://www.irfu.ie/22_13222.php
    The Irish Rugby Football Union Disciplinary Committee met at Lansdowne Road today, Wednesday 8th October 2008, to consider the red card given to Michael McCarthy of Connacht during the Magners League game against Leinster on Sunday 5th October 2008.

The disciplinary committee decided that the first yellow card given to Mr. McCarthy during the game was awarded incorrectly and therefore the red card given on the basis of two yellow cards was rescinded and no suspension was imposed.

The disciplinary committee also considered a citing complaint against Mr. McCarthy in the same game for striking an opponent with his head. Mr. McCarthy pleaded guilty to the offence and he has been suspended for three weeks, with the suspension terminating at midnight on Sunday 26th October 2008.

Zzippy wrote: »

"The disciplinary committee also considered a citing complaint against Mr McCarthy in the same game for striking an opponent with his head."

I suppose the IRFU will claim they received no citing against Cullen? Anyone know was there an independent citing commissioner present?

It is a requirement for a citing commissioner to review every game now I think. There's no way he could not have seen the elbow.

I noticed that they said that they considered citing him? How did he get suspended without a citing? He plead guilty and was given three weeks...but who brought him up on charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

They considered a citing complaint - as in a citing complaint was brought before them, and they considered the charges.

• Advertisement

Ah, thanks for the interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

O.K firstly I don't know where this elbow business came from but if you look closely it is not his elbow it is his arm.

Looks to me that Cullen was pushing him away as Keatley was running directly towards Cullen gloating and Cullen because of his height accidently struck Keatley in the face rather than chest.

I see no reason why he should be cited and obviously either do the citing commission. Neither Connacht nor Keatley have spoke out about this apparant ''assault'' which leads me to believe that both know it was an accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

O.K firstly I don't know where this elbow business came from but if you look closely it is not his elbow it is his arm.

Looks to me that Cullen was pushing him away as Keatley was running directly towards Cullen gloating and Cullen because of his height accidently struck Keatley in the face rather than chest.

I see no reason why he should be cited and obviously either do the citing commission. Neither Connacht nor Keatley have spoke out about this apparant ''assault'' which leads me to believe that both know it was an accident.

No you have it wrong there, it was actually a congratulatory pat on the back from Cullen, you can lip read him saying "Well played" as he give the pat...............

Inquitus wrote: »
    No you have it wrong there, it was actually a congratulatory pat on the back from Cullen, you can lip read him saying "Well played" as he give the pat...............

I don't see the malice. I think Cullen only wanted to push Keatley away as Keatley ran towards Cullen celebrating in his face which to me is a natural reaction.

I don't think he intended to strike Keatley in the face.

Also this supposed elbow when did it happen? Because I can't see an elbow striking Keatley when he is celebrating the try... did it happen in another part of the game? :confused:

It's well know that the provinces don't normally cite players during the Inter Pros, remember when Dowling was trod on by BOD and Jackman? a few seasons back, it was plain to be seen but Munster or Dowling didn't speak out as you say.

I don't see the malice. I think Cullen only wanted to push Keatley away as Keatley ran towards Cullen celebrating in his face which to me is a natural reaction.

Also this supposed elbow when did it happen? Because I can't see an elbow striking Keatley when he is celebrating the try... did it happen in another part of the game? :confused:

Elbow may not have struck Keatley but Cullen led with his elbow with intent and that should be enough for a citing.

If you have any doubt have a look here, I think the incident is around 2mins 40 sec in to the clip. If on the other hand you're making light of this just to be controversial then please stop as it is a serious incident and doesn't warrant juvenile posts.

Elbow may not have struck Keatley but Cullen led with his elbow with intent and that should be enough for a citing
    It was actually a forearm. Not an elbow. Punishable offence nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Did ye win the game you watched? Because in the one I saw leinster lost by a point and Cullen clearly struck Keatley in the face. I cant remember the last time a player struck an opposition player for celebrating(gloating ???) a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Did ye win the game you watched? Because in the one I saw leinster lost by a point and Cullen clearly struck Keatley in the face. I cant remember the last time a player struck an opposition player for celebrating(gloating ???) a try.

shutup, cullen did not intend in any way to strike keatley, and if he did, so be it, its ****ing rugby, get over it.

Did ye win the game you watched? Because in the one I saw leinster lost by a point

now now redroar those type of antagonizing posts are the sort to get you banned. How is that relevant to my argument?

Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

JWAD wrote: »
    It was actually a forearm. Not an elbow. Punishable offence nonetheless.

No honest rugbyman would cite that, it was nothing, he didnt mean it and as i said, if he did, it wud be an embarassment to cite.

It's well know that the provinces don't normally cite players during the Inter Pros, remember when Dowling was trod on by BOD and Jackman? a few seasons back, it was plain to be seen but Munster or Dowling didn't speak out as you say.

Didn't see anything malicious in that either happens all the time in rugby. Listen the citing comission review every game when these inciddents happen if they feel it is necessary to cite they will. In both the Keatley affair and the one you mentioned no one was cited. I wonder why?

Elbow may not have struck Keatley but Cullen led with his elbow with intent and that should be enough for a citing.

Can you prove that? Oh wait no you can't YOUR SPECULATING.

not too far off those calling Best a scumbag on speculation only to find out it wasn't warranted.

If you have any doubt have a look here, I think the incident is around 2mins 40 sec in to the clip. If on the other hand you're making light of this just to be controversial then please stop as it is a serious incident and doesn't warrant juvenile posts.

Yes I've seen the clip. To me Keatley is running towards Cullen gloating, Cullen annoyed at this puts out his hand to push Keatley away, because of Cullens height he accidently strikes Keatley in the face instead of chest.

What I don't see is Cullen deliberately elbowing Keatley in the face. Watch it, he doesn't put any force into it merely raises it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

only1stevo wrote: »
    No honest rugbyman would cite that, it was nothing, he didnt mean it and as i said, if he did, it wud be an embarassment to cite.

No honest rugbyman would clothesline a much smaller player on the blind side. Hard but fair is what the games is about, not cheap shots. It was a reaction, but dirty nonetheless. I like Cullen as a player and character, but that was illegal, citable and wrong. An embarrassment to cite? McCarthy is out for three weeks for a headbutt which didn't even half connect. Maybe a nothing province like Connacht is supposed to be embarrassed to cite anyone from the big teams?

il gatto wrote: »
    No honest rugbyman would clothesline a much smaller player on the blind side. Hard but fair is what the games is about, not cheap shots. It was a reaction, but dirty nonetheless. I like Cullen as a player and character, but that was illegal, citable and wrong. An embarrassment to cite? McCarthy is out for three weeks for a headbutt which didn't even half connect. Maybe a nothing province like Connacht is supposed to be embarrassed to cite anyone from the big teams?
    Firstly a clothesline shot is when an arm is extended out and across an opponent and strikes them face-on from the neck up. Cullen's cheap shot wasn't a "clothesline". He forearmed the guy in the side of the head. Semantics I know but hey, there you go.

Secondly, McCarthy did connect with the head-butt. That is why he is suspended. If he denied doing so and was found guilty he would have been suspended for longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

All this talk about what Cullen did is taking away from the great win by the 14 man Connacht team over what was supposed to be one of the H/Cup contenders.

Leinster will win nothing if they continue with their recent perfomances against Irish oposition, held scoreless in one and tryless in both. They are in an unusal pool in that the other teams are just as bad at the moment but I can't see them getting to QF with their own poor performance. A radical change is needed in the backs to get them moving and if Nacewa isn't available to them for the early round of H/Cup matches then I think Leinster will be in trouble.

Look at the headbutt again. He barely connects and causes no damage. It wasn't wound back it was more leading with his head than a headbutt, but whatever...he's a Connacht player from England so no harm right?

Cullen DID do it deliberately. He's looking right at Keatley when he does it. Keatley was running over to his team mates by the way who were past Cullen, not over to Cullen. And then Cullen elbowed him in the head...he didn't catch him with the point of his elbow, luckily because that can kill if it hits the temple, and do serious damage otherwise (broken cheekbone/jaw would have resulted). Still it was an "elbow", as that was the point of the body that moved to issue the blow. Just like a punch is still a punch if you connect with the side of the arm as opposed to the front of the fist. It's about intent, and Cullen had that.

• Advertisement

Diom wrote: »
    Look at the headbutt again. He barely connects and causes no damage. It wasn't wound back it was more leading with his head than a headbutt, but whatever...he's a Connacht player from England so no harm right?
    No need to be so paranoid. He contacted with the strike and admitted as such hence the relatively lenient suspension for such an action of three weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Ulstermell0

The problem is while the elbow in itself probably wasn't that bad - it started the whole fight tht led to two yellows and Conn losing a player. Essentially two players got carded because of someone elses action.

it was such a cheap shot - trying to elbow a kid who just wanted to celebrate probably one of the best moments of his life so far, its a shame.

only1stevo wrote: »
    shutup, cullen did not intend in any way to strike keatley, and if he did, so be it, its ****ing rugby, get over it.
    Yes I've seen the clip. To me Keatley is running towards Cullen gloating, Cullen annoyed at this puts out his hand to push Keatley away, because of Cullens height he accidently strikes Keatley in the face instead of chest.

What I don't see is Cullen deliberately elbowing Keatley in the face. Watch it, he doesn't put any force into it merely raises it.

Jaysus lads, the phrase "clutching at straws" comes to mind. Fair enough defending your player, but some what ye wrote is pure BS.
    Keatley wasn't running at Cullen nor gloating, he was running past Cullen towards his teammates. Look at the video, he's not even looking at Cullen!
    Cullen stuck out his elbow and caught him flush in the face - how you can say there was no intent, or he was trying to "push him away" is a joke.
    We'll never know why he wasn't cited, but one thing is certain, his reputation is a lot poorer for his actions on Sunday night.

one thing is certain, his reputation is a lot poorer for his actions on Sunday night.
    Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Maccers55 wrote: »
    i totally agree with the above. My one worry about yesterdays great performance is that Bradley will get credit for it.

This was clearly down to the players playing out of their skin for each other in an absolutely dogged display. It was the teams hunger and will to win coupled with a few top class individual displays and not any stroke of genius from the coach that brought Connacht a deserved victory.

If anything this performance shows what these players are capable of given a decent coach who can get the best out of them week in week out. Bradley still has to go!!

If they can play like that when it suits them (against Irish provence) should they not get the blame for the poor performances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

If they can play like that when it suits them (against Irish provence) should they not get the blame for the poor performances?

Very good point rugger, it cuts both ways you cant simply dismiss a poor performance by saying '' oh my god bradley is crap he has to go'' and then when they put in an excellent performance like last sunday conveniently say '' ah sure it was the players it had nothing to do with bradley''. :confused:

Let me point out that i'm not exactly he's biggest fan and was somewhat relieved when he didnt get the munster job but ffs give him some credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The problem is while the elbow in itself probably wasn't that bad - it started the whole fight tht led to two yellows and Conn losing a player. Essentially two players got carded because of someone elses action.

it was such a cheap shot - trying to elbow a kid who just wanted to celebrate probably one of the best moments of his life so far, its a shame.

Ah come on he stuck an elbow out - he didn't shoot up the guys wedding. A little perspective. Jerry Flannery and N Best have also taken a real hammering and alot of abuse on boards too - no need for it, it's a tough game and sometimes people transgress-and they are all big boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

disgrace that mccarthy was cited and neither elsom or cullen were. absolute disgrace.

buck65 wrote: »
    Ah come on he stuck an elbow out - he didn't shoot up the guys wedding. A little perspective. Jerry Flannery and N Best have also taken a real hammering and alot of abuse on boards too - no need for it, it's a tough game and sometimes people transgress-and they are all big boys.

Yeah and McCarty stuck a head out - he didn't shoot up the guys wedding. A little perspective. It's a tough game and sometimes people transgress-and they are all big boys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

bleg wrote: »
    disgrace that mccarthy was cited and neither elsom or cullen were. absolute disgrace.
    Well there's no way in hell Rocky should have been cited. He swung and punched alright, but because of the way it unfolded he suddenly had someone having a go, trying to connect with the head, and it kicked off from there. Deserving of a yellow? Definitely. Deserving of a citing? Not a chance in ****e.

Well there's no way in hell Rocky should have been cited. He swung and punched alright, but because of the way it unfolded he suddenly had someone having a go, trying to connect with the head, and it kicked off from there. Deserving of a yellow? Definitely. Deserving of a citing? Not a chance in ****e.

I'm not even a fan of giving someone a yellow for defending themselves.
    If someone comes at me with a headbutt they will get knocked on their arses. I think that a sense of "self defence" should come into play in the rules.

As for the match, does anyone think that the Connacht try was brilliant to watch?
    their sheer force of numbers on the attack was able to make up for their mistakes. There was some unbelievable lines being run and what an off load on the line

I'm not even a fan of giving someone a yellow for defending themselves.
    If someone comes at me with a headbutt they will get knocked on their arses. I think that a sense of "self defence" should come into play in the rules.

As for the match, does anyone think that the Connacht try was brilliant to watch?
    their sheer force of numbers on the attack was able to make up for their mistakes. There was some unbelievable lines being run and what an off load on the line

Yup, don't think Elsom deserved a yellow either, I'd do the same if someone threw a headbutt at me. Remember a guy spitting on me in a match and I landed a few punches on him, but the ref let it go as he had seen the provocation. If you do something like that you gotta expect some retribution. Think McCarthy just went after the wrong guy...

The try was absolutely brilliant to watch, and the line taken by the hooker and his offload to McCarthy were superb. There were 2 more good line breaks in the 2nd half that could easily have led to tries, so hopefully the lads are starting to get their act together...

Yup, don't think Elsom deserved a yellow either, I'd do the same if someone threw a headbutt at me. Remember a guy spitting on me in a match and I landed a few punches on him, but the ref let it go as he had seen the provocation. If you do something like that you gotta expect some retribution. Think McCarthy just went after the wrong guy...

The try was absolutely brilliant to watch, and the line taken by the hooker and his offload to McCarthy were superb. There were 2 more good line breaks in the 2nd half that could easily have led to tries, so hopefully the lads are starting to get their act together...

Once I saw a guy start to (intentionally) bring his boot down on the head of a guy on my team. He was pinned in the bottom of a ruck with only his head sticking out, they had had some previous a few minutes earlier.

I hooked my arm under his leg, and pinned him to the floor. I think I landed half a dozen punches before the ref pulled me off and then sent your man off for attempting to stamp on a guys head. I got told off for carrying on punching after the whistle and that is all. Even your man's team mates said that he deserved what he got (from both myself and the ref)

Ignoring the above now, Connacht's dicipline looks like it is their biggest weakness. Never mind the officials, Connacht were so bloody guilty of stupid small things.
    Great to see them bounce back after the hammering last time out

Jaysus lads, the phrase "clutching at straws" comes to mind. Fair enough defending your player, but some what ye wrote is pure BS.
    Keatley wasn't running at Cullen nor gloating, he was running past Cullen towards his teammates. Look at the video, he's not even looking at Cullen!
    Cullen stuck out his elbow and caught him flush in the face - how you can say there was no intent, or he was trying to "push him away" is a joke.
    We'll never know why he wasn't cited, but one thing is certain, his reputation is a lot poorer for his actions on Sunday night.

Oh come on Keatley chose to run very close to Cullen while screaming, he was clearly gloating he knows where Cullen was and choses to run right beside him celebrating it was obviously atagonizing.

LOL at stuck out his elbow. If I go to push someone away my elbow sticks out it doesn't mean I meant to elbowed him in the face though.

YOU ARE SPECULATING. Keatley hasn't complained nor has Connacht if Cullen had indeed struck Keatley in the face with intent you think they would let it slide? Dont give me this interpro bull**** THEY WOULDN'T. SIMPLE AS. NOR WOULD THE CITING COMISSION.

Its clear that to Connacht, Keatley and the citing comission it was an accident and at the end of the day it is their opinions that matter and they are not the ones speculating unlike you, a poster on the internet who wasn't there, didn't talk to both parties after and wasn't at the citing comission.

Remember a guy spitting on me in a match and I landed a few punches on him, but the ref let it go as he had seen the provocation. If you do something like that you gotta expect some retribution.

I hooked my arm under his leg, and pinned him to the floor. I think I landed half a dozen punches before the ref pulled me off and then sent your man off for attempting to stamp on a guys head. I got told off for carrying on punching after the whistle and that is all.

Tough talk from two lads crying about Keatley getting an accidental slight arm in the face. Honestly its rugby not badmiton I have to laugh at the posters claiming Cullen could of killed Keatley or put him in hospital I mean how over the top can you get?

WONT CULLEN PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement