Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carnaval in Brazil outside of Rio

• 02-10-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm heading to South America in February and will be in Brazil for Carnaval. Does anybody know where the best places in Brazil are for this? Would rather go somewhere full of Brazilians than full of tourists.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I was in Sao Paulo and it was brilliant. We saw 2 people from Germany, no other tourists.
    As parties go, the best is meant to be Salvador, or obiously Rio. SP probably wouldn't win any awards for parties but if you want real Brazil not the tourist crap, it's a cool place.
    The carnaval was in a massive stadium and the floats were incredible. I'm definitely going back some day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dicemeister

Thanks Dory. Do you remember about how far in advance you booked accomodation for Carnaval and is it standard to have to book for a full week that week - any place i've looked at so far has that restriction.

Advertisement