Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now I've heard it all!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

He's just a troll... I hope! Surely he cannot be serious! :confused:

@ OK-Cancel-Apply:

http://limerickanimalwelfare.blogspot.com/2008/02/ruff-deal-for-staffies.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

boomerang wrote: »
    He's just a troll... I hope! Surely he cannot be serious! :confused:

@ OK-Cancel-Apply:

http://limerickanimalwelfare.blogspot.com/2008/02/ruff-deal-for-staffies.html

Pretty early to be calling me a TROLL! For having a damn opinion?

Great, keep posting pictures like that. We wouldn't have neglected 'staffies' if they were not allowed in this country.

Maybe you're not aware of this, but these types of dogs seem to savage a child to death every few weeks. It's in the news all the time. What do you say about that? Do you care about humans at all? And you can bet, that the owner would have simply said, "Ah he's harmless" the day before the attack.

What on earth are these dogs FOR btw? Aside from intimidating other people? I was walking down my road about a month ago, minding my own business, when TWO of these dogs decided they didn't like the look of me, and CHASED me back to my house! This was on a day when my young nephews were due a visit. I only thank f**k that they had not been there, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if I had been with them, I would not have been able to overpower those dogs. <- read that 3 times.

I heard the owner shouting after the dogs. I do wonder why they were not muzzled. Is there even a law about muzzling these dogs in public?

These animals have been bred to attack, kill, maim and intimidate. They serve no other purpose. Why should another toddler have to be savaged? Shouldn't something be done about these beasts?

Go on, keep calling me a 'troll', or telling me I'm ignorant. Or maybe you could educate me as to why these dogs should be allowed in society...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Could you pull off a labrador?, a collie?, a lurcher?, this list goes on. You are probably not trolling but it is evident that you dont have a clue wtf you are talking about.

Show me the evidence where it saws staffies savage a child to death every few weeks? How many have they savaged in the last month?, three months?, six months? year?

Also in relation to your question what are these dogs for? What are any dogs for (other than working dogs)

Pretty early to be calling me a TROLL! For having a damn opinion?

Great, keep posting pictures like that. We wouldn't have neglected 'staffies' if they were not allowed in this country.

Maybe you're not aware of this, but these types of dogs seem to savage a child to death every few weeks. It's in the news all the time. What do you say about that? Do you care about humans at all? And you can bet, that the owner would have simply said, "Ah he's harmless" the day before the attack.

What on earth are these dogs FOR btw? Aside from intimidating other people? I was walking down my road about a month ago, minding my own business, when TWO of these dogs decided they didn't like the look of me, and CHASED me back to my house! This was on a day when my young nephews were due a visit. I only thank f**k that they had not been there, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if I had been with them, I would not have been able to overpower those dogs. <- read that 3 times.

I heard the owner shouting after the dogs. I do wonder why they were not muzzled. Is there even a law about muzzling these dogs in public?

These animals have been bred to attack, kill, maim and intimidate. They serve no other purpose. Why should another toddler have to be savaged? Shouldn't something be done about these beasts?

Go on, keep calling me a 'troll', or telling me I'm ignorant. Or maybe you could educate me as to why these dogs should be allowed in society...?

Right, well we've established you're not a troll. It's just to come into an animal and pets issues forum with such clearly uneducated views led me to believe you were simply being deliberately disruptive and trying to provoke a response.

OK, well, why not start by giving us some links to news stories about staffies that have savaged children to death in just the past few weeks? No need to put you to the trouble of searching back any further than that - I mean, it's in the news all the time, right? So maybe give us a bit of evidence and you might begin to change our minds here. (We'll disregard the fact that media reports on dog attacks are unceasingly overblown and sensationalist because it makes for good reading.) You know, I'm amazed seeing as you were chased by two of these beasts that you're still alive - wow, you really beat the odds there didn't you, seeing as they're bred to attack, kill, maim and intimidate? You must feel lucky to be alive! What a rush!

Did you read the content of the link I posted? It's not about neglected staffies, it's about the history and temperament of the breed. It might answer some of your questions.

Edited to add: I was chased down the road once by a black Labrador, when I was a child. He didn't like the look of me. In fact, he bit me over the eye. I reckon they shouldn't be allowed in society either. Let's have a complete ban on black Labradors before another child gets savaged, is what I say. I mean, what on earth are black Labs for, anyways? Aside from intimidating small children like I was?

OK, well, why not start by giving us some links to news stories about staffies that have savaged children to death in just the past few weeks?

I speak of ALL breeds of dangerous dog. Go to google news and type in some keywords like 'Child' 'attack' 'dog'.
    You know, I'm amazed seeing as you were chased by two of these beasts that you're still alive - wow, you really beat the odds there didn't you, seeing as they're bred to attack, kill, maim and intimidate? You must feel lucky to be alive! What a rush!
    Don't know what you are getting at here. Yes, I'm probably lucky to be alive. Well observed! It was no joke I can tell you! Luckily I was only metres from my house. The dogs turned to me, started barking...walking..and then DASHING towards me while barking! These were 'staffies'. Like I said before, my nephews were due to visit that afternoon. What would have happened to THEM had they been there???
    Did you read the content of the link I posted? It's not about neglected staffies, it's about the history and temperament of the breed. It might answer some of your questions.
    Right, why not just post that info to the parents of the 11 year old who needed plastic surgery after his attack?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/2280565.stm
    Edited to add: I was chased down the road once by a black Labrador, when I was a child. He didn't like the look of me. In fact, he bit me over the eye. I reckon they shouldn't be allowed in society either. Let's have a complete ban on black Labradors before another child gets savaged, is what I say. I mean, what on earth are black Labs for, anyways? Aside from intimidating small children like I was?
    You're correct. Animals are animals. They are unpredictable. There should be a law that demands mandatory muzzling of all dogs over a certain size or weight.

If a poodle had attacked my nephews, at least I could kick it sky high. If a Staffordshire Bull Terrier attacks them, there's nothing much I can do except have my face torn to shreds trying to wrestle it off.

Here's a question for you, or anyone else who loves these beasts:

What do you suggest we do to prevent another small child being savaged or killed by one of these big dogs?

• Advertisement

I'm off to bed now, quietly laughing. Thanks for the chuckle!

Edited to add: So now we have one piece of evidence - in 2002 a staffie bit a child in Belfast; the owner was convicted of not keeping the Staffordshire bull terrier dog under her control.

There were 12,167 Staffies registered with the UK Kennel Club in 2007 alone, so I'm sure you can come up with more recent media coverage of these big savage beasts attacking children? They're colloquially known as "Nanny Dogs" and are reknowned for their affection and patience towards children, so that proximity ups the odds of an attack, surely?

A little bedtime reading for you:

http://limerickanimalwelfare.blogspot.com/2008/06/staffies-top-unwanted-dog-list.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yes, I'm probably lucky to be alive. Well observed! It was no joke I can tell you!

Classic, you outran two terriers? Sure...

If the story is true (which is doubtful as you have proven to tell fibs with your children getting savaged to death every week gem) The dogs were most likely panting, wagging their tails and dying for a scratch on the belly.

You have no experience with these dogs, you are going on what you have read in English tabloids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yaawwnn

On a more serious note..

Lightening are you up around Portmarnock beach this morning, I fancy bringing my two potential killers for a walk (and blow off an impending hangover).

I'm off to bed now, quietly laughing. Thanks for the chuckle!

Edited to add: So now we have one piece of evidence - in 2002 a staffie bit a child in Belfast; the owner was convicted of not keeping the Staffordshire bull terrier dog under her control.

There were 12,167 Staffies registered with the UK Kennel Club in 2007 alone, so I'm sure you can come up with more recent media coverage of these big savage beasts attacking children? They're colloquially known as "Nanny Dogs" and are reknowned for their affection and patience towards children, so that proximity ups the odds of an attack, surely?

A little bedtime reading for you:

http://limerickanimalwelfare.blogspot.com/2008/06/staffies-top-unwanted-dog-list.html

You are laughing after the article I posted about the child needing surgery? Such is the mentality of these dog owners I suppose.

These are animals. You don't know when they will choose to bite the face off somebody. Had you asked any of the owners whose dog attacked a child, they would have told you exactly the same thing, "He's harmless".
    Dog owners cause of problem - not the dogs
    We can't muzzle the OWNERS. We can't outlaw or put down the OWNERS.
    lightening wrote:
    Classic, you outran two terriers? Sure...

If the story is true (which is doubtful as you have proven to tell fibs with your children getting savaged to death every week gem) The dogs were most likely panting, wagging their tails and dying for a scratch on the belly.

You seriously think I made this up??? This is the whole reason I know a 'staffie' when I see one! I went straight to the internet to find out exactly what these beasts were.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote. I was only metres from my house. The dogs were further down the road, standing around, unleashed, unmuzzled. They were not panting/wagging. They took a look at me (maybe the smelled my lynx..who knows), decided they did not like me, and DASHED at me, barking loudly. Their owner shouted after them from somewhere behind the scenes. I was able to run back to my house. They slowed down when they saw I was 'leaving'. BUT HAD MY NEPHEWS BEEN THERE, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN SAVAGED. LAUGH AT THAT.

I saw these monsters again a few days later, pulling their owners along down the road. They were 2 small women who definitely would have been utterly powerless to control the dogs.

If I 'meet' these dogs again, is it reasonable to assume they will take the same 'dislike' to meet? Should I walk around in full body armour?
    You have no experience with these dogs, you are going on what you have read in English tabloids.
    1) Yes, I've had other experiences with dogs. I know someone who owns a collie that almost bit their face off. They still own it. I can't imagine why. The dogs barks its throat out when someone enters the house and charges them. The owner has to calm it down every time. Sure, the dog is MOSTLY friendly (brings soggy toys over to me), but again, animals are unpredictable. I'm sure nobody SETS their dogs on children!

2) The news item I posted was one of many, MANY I found with one search on google news. And it wasn't a tabloid, it was the BBC. Search for yourself. You can use a multitude of keywords, "Dangerous Dog" "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" "German Shepherd" "Attack" "Kill". Try them.

You people are in utter denial that these dogs are even the slightest hazard. You don't care about child attacks. You laugh. You probably have these snarling, salivating beasts near your own children. You would not be laughing so hard if you had to pick up THEIR faces to hand to the plastic surgeon.

I'll try and ask this question once more:

What do you suggest we do to prevent another small child being savaged or killed by one of these big dogs?

Would you at least agree they should be muzzled in public?

I have nothing to add here - like Mairt said, YAWN.

Maybe someone else will take you on, but quite clearly, you're not going to listen to reason.

I have to go feed thirteen savage, unpredictable, snarling, salivating beasts now.

(But don't worry I have full body armour.)

Actually, to be serious for a minute, I do feel for you, because you are clearly uncomfortable around *any* dogs and don't understand their signals. Perhaps you have a phobia about dogs, or maybe a bad experience with a dog when you were small. With that distrust, you're buying into a tabloid media frenzy. If you want facts and figures, there's a great book by Janis Bradley:

Dogs Bite: But Balloons And Slippers Are More Dangerous

Here's the blurb on the back cover:

Dogs are dangerous. And they are more dangerous to children than to adults. Not as dangerous of course, as kitchen utensils, drapery cords, five-gallon water buckets, horses, or cows. Not nearly as dangerous as playground equipment, swimming pools, skateboards, or bikes. And not remotely as dangerous as family, friends, guns, or cars.

Here's the reality. Dogs almost never kill people. A child is more likely to die choking on a marble or a balloon, and an adult is more likely to die in a bedroom slipper related accident. Your chances of being killed by a dog are roughly one in eighteen million. You are five times more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightening.

The supposed epidemic numbers of dog bites splashed across the media are absurdly inflated by dubious research and by counting bites that don't actually hurt anyone. Even when dogs do injure people, the vast majority of injuries are at the band-aid level.

Dogs enhance the lives of millions more people than even the most inflated estimates of dog-bite victims. Infants who live with dogs have fewer allergies. People with dogs have less cardiovascular disease, better heart attack survival, and fewer backaches, headaches, and flu symptoms. Petting your dog lowers stress and people who love with dogs just plain feel better than people who don't.

Yet lawmakers, litigators and insurers press for less dog ownership. This must stop. We must maintain perspective. Yes, dogs bite. But even party balloons and bedroom slippers are more dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Well, for a start, Staffordshire Bull Terriers are NOT big dogs. I don't own Staffies, so I think that I can talk from a neutral point of view. Yes, I own dogs and I never leave my dogs alone with children, because yes, they are animals, and so are unpredictable, but this is also true of cats (I have seen babies and small children with nasty scratch marks). So should cats also be muzzled?

It is the owners that are to blame, not the dogs. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who believe as you do that Staffs, EBTs, Rotties etc are dangerous and so buy them to make themselves look hard, these are the owners that cause the problems. As you have been told, Staffs are known as the 'nanny dog' because of their disposition around people, in particular, children.

Why don't you now google knife attacks, knife deaths etc etc. How many people have been killed this year by knifes? Yet they are not banned. Again, google car deaths, how many people are killed every year by cars being driven irresponsibly? Are you advocating banning cars? Or, how about putting speed restricters on them, this I think would be on a par with muzzles on dogs. A child has a chance if they are hit by a car at 30mph, but not at 40, 50 or 60, so lets 'muzzle' cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Many dogs can sense those who do not like them or are afraid of them.

Our rescued collie is the softest dog, but one neighbour is terrified of her and the dog reacts accordingly. Gets close to the neighbour

and she also knows when someone who is potentially a threat to me.

But she is trained and obedient. And she would never attack anyone; with children she is a beauty.

But the anger of the poster would irk any dog.?

I have nothing to add here - like Mairt said, YAWN.

And then you proceed to add something...
    Maybe someone else will take you on, but quite clearly, you're not going to listen to reason.

I have to go feed thirteen savage, unpredictable, snarling, salivating beasts now.

YOU people are the ones not listening to reason, and I'll get back to that further down.
    Actually, to be serious for a minute, I do feel for you, because you are clearly uncomfortable around *any* dogs and don't understand their signals. Perhaps you have a phobia about dogs, or maybe a bad experience with a dog when you were small. With that distrust, you're buying into a tabloid media frenzy. If you want facts and figures, there's a great book by Janis Bradley:

After years of being 'cautious' around dangerous dogs, after years of hearing story after story about adults and children being attacked by them, after years of being barked at by dogs ON A LEASH whose owners said, "Oh he's harmless really"... after all that, I finally found out for myself just what these dogs can be like! Like I said, that day, my SMALL twin nephews were due to come around. They were late arriving, thank CHRIST.
    Dogs Bite: But Balloons And Slippers Are More Dangerous

Here's the blurb on the back cover:

Dogs are dangerous. And they are more dangerous to children than to adults. Not as dangerous of course, as kitchen utensils, drapery cords, five-gallon water buckets, horses, or cows. Not nearly as dangerous as playground equipment, swimming pools, skateboards, or bikes. And not remotely as dangerous as family, friends, guns, or cars.

Here's the reality. Dogs almost never kill people. A child is more likely to die choking on a marble or a balloon, and an adult is more likely to die in a bedroom slipper related accident. Your chances of being killed by a dog are roughly one in eighteen million. You are five times more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightening.

Are you seriously going to insult me by telling me of the dangers of BALLOONS and kitchen knives??

People don't allow their children to play with kitchen knives the last time I checked! Neither balloons nor kitchen knives have minds of their own!

Nasty dogs, with mouthfuls of 'knives' DO have minds of their own. In the United States, the gun lobby says, "Only irresponsible gun owners allow their children to be shot".

We don't let people walk around with guns, or knifes, or swords. But we do see people brandishing nasty dogs on steel chains! I might add that inanimate objects like guns and knives cannot choose to attack somebody - they must be operated.

The supposed epidemic numbers of dog bites splashed across the media are absurdly inflated by dubious research and by counting bites that don't actually hurt anyone. Even when dogs do injure people, the vast majority of injuries are at the band-aid level.

So you think the media stories are hyped up? By whom? The anti-dog lobby? The news organisations themselves?

What about the stories of disfigured children? Dead children? Do you even care about humans?
    Dogs enhance the lives of millions more people than even the most inflated estimates of dog-bite victims. Infants who live with dogs have fewer allergies. People with dogs have less cardiovascular disease, better heart attack survival, and fewer backaches, headaches, and flu symptoms. Petting your dog lowers stress and people who love with dogs just plain feel better than people who don't.

Cost/benefit. If I found out my neighbour allowed their small child to play with a Staffordshire Bull Terrer, a Pitbull Terrier or a German Shepherd I WOULD REPORT THEM TO SOCIAL SERVICES.
    Yet lawmakers, litigators and insurers press for less dog ownership. This must stop. We must maintain perspective. Yes, dogs bite. But even party balloons and bedroom slippers are more dangerous.

Yes, balloons and slippers.... the REAL problems. I sense a 'Primetime' about that in the pipeline.

ISDW wrote:
    they are animals, and so are unpredictable, but this is also true of cats (I have seen babies and small children with nasty scratch marks). So should cats also be muzzled?

Cats? CATS?? Cats are small, weak animals. If a cat attacks my nephew, I can lift it off easily. When is the last time you heard of a child in the ICU due to a CAT bite or scratch??
    It is the owners that are to blame, not the dogs. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who believe as you do that Staffs, EBTs, Rotties etc are dangerous and so buy them to make themselves look hard, these are the owners that cause the problems. As you have been told, Staffs are known as the 'nanny dog' because of their disposition around people, in particular, children.
    We cannot muzzle, outlaw or put down the OWNERS. Just like the gun lobby. "Guns don't kill people - people kill people".

Yes, if I see a 'rottie', I am crossing over to the other side of the road. Anto knows that, and that's why he brandishes one.
    Why don't you now google knife attacks, knife deaths etc etc. How many people have been killed this year by knifes? Yet they are not banned. Again, google car deaths, how many people are killed every year by cars being driven irresponsibly? Are you advocating banning cars? Or, how about putting speed restricters on them, this I think would be on a par with muzzles on dogs. A child has a chance if they are hit by a car at 30mph, but not at 40, 50 or 60, so lets 'muzzle' cars.
    Muzzle cars? WTF are you talking about? We have separate laws regarding cars, knives and guns. None of that has any bearing on the issue of DOGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

And then you proceed to add something...

YOU people are the ones not listening to reason, and I'll get back to that further down.

After years of being 'cautious' around dangerous dogs, after years of hearing story after story about adults and children being attacked by them, after years of being barked at by dogs ON A LEASH whose owners said, "Oh he's harmless really"... after all that, I finally found out for myself just what these dogs can be like! Like I said, that day, my SMALL twin nephews were due to come around. They were late arriving, thank CHRIST.

Are you seriously going to insult me by telling me of the dangers of BALLOONS and kitchen knives??

People don't allow their children to play with kitchen knives the last time I checked! Neither balloons nor kitchen knives have minds of their own!

Nasty dogs, with mouthfuls of 'knives' DO have minds of their own. In the United States, the gun lobby says, "Only irresponsible gun owners allow their children to be shot".

We don't let people walk around with guns, or knifes, or swords. But we do see people brandishing nasty dogs on steel chains! I might add that inanimate objects like guns and knives cannot choose to attack somebody - they must be operated.

So you think the media stories are hyped up? By whom? The anti-dog lobby? The news organisations themselves?

What about the stories of disfigured children? Dead children? Do you even care about humans?

Cost/benefit. If I found out my neighbour allowed their small child to play with a Staffordshire Bull Terrer, a Pitbull Terrier or a German Shepherd I WOULD REPORT THEM TO SOCIAL SERVICES.

Yes, balloons and slippers.... the REAL problems. I sense a 'Primetime' about that in the pipeline.

Cats? CATS?? Cats are small, weak animals. If a cat attacks my nephew, I can lift it off easily. When is the last time you heard of a child in the ICU due to a CAT bite or scratch??

We cannot muzzle, outlaw or put down the OWNERS. Just like the gun lobby. "Guns don't kill people - people kill people".

Yes, if I see a 'rottie', I am crossing over to the other side of the road. Anto knows that, and that's why he brandishes one.

Muzzle cars? WTF are you talking about? We have separate laws regarding cars, knives and guns. None of that has any bearing on the issue of DOGS.

Most ignorant post ever, ignorance is bliss.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

WTF am I on about? Yes, we have laws about cars, and people break them every single day. We have a 50kph speed limit past our local national school, yet we see cars travelling in excess of 80kph every single day. Surely that is more dangerous than a dog????? My point, if you had the intelligence to see it was that we could limit the speed at which a car travels, so that it stays within the law but we don't.

You obviously are a troller and I hope that you've had lots of fun with this thread. You've certainly kept me entertained.

Yes, I've had other experiences with dogs. I know someone who owns a collie

Ah... extensive experience in the canine world then.
    You seriously think I made this up???

Yes.

Mairt, headed in to town, going to dollymount right now! Was there waves in Portmarnock? Did your dogs attack anyone?

lightening wrote: »
    Mairt, headed in to town, going to dollymount right now! Was there waves in Portmarnock? Did your dogs attack anyone?

I decided against Portmarnock and brought my daughter down to feed the ducks and swans in the Stardust Memorial Park instead.

Here's a photo of us down there..

attachment.php?attachmentid=64322&stc=1&d=1223131591

OMG, you shudda seen what happened. The two dogs ATE through the leads and chased this chap down the road. I thought 'Sweet jesus their gonna eat his face off, but he ran like the wind(y) fecker that he was and just before getting through his front door he threw his nephew into the dogs path..

It was a terrible sight, instead of ripping the kids face off like they've been taught they LICKED his face and waggled their tails in a threatening manner.

Phew, it was a close one.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Most ignorant post ever, ignorance is bliss.

A post dismissed in its entirety like a piece of modern art. If I'm ignorant, then address my points and educate me.

You just like walking around with your big dogs don't you? Fine, but other people shouldn't have to walk around feeling threatened or intimidated by them. Muzzle them FFS.
    ISDW wrote:
    WTF am I on about? Yes, we have laws about cars, and people break them every single day. We have a 50kph speed limit past our local national school, yet we see cars travelling in excess of 80kph every single day. Surely that is more dangerous than a dog????? My point, if you had the intelligence to see it was that we could limit the speed at which a car travels, so that it stays within the law but we don't.

You obviously are a troller and I hope that you've had lots of fun with this thread. You've certainly kept me entertained.

Cars are under the control of humans. They are MACHINES. Dog are NOT. Leave a child with a parked car, nothing will happen. Leave a child with a rottweiler and they may get seriously injured. All the child has to do is innocently poke or prod the dog the wrong way.

2D9C2668-A9A8-8DC3-D541DF8F70556084.jpg

Go on, laugh some more.

You people do not give 2 s**ts what dogs do to humans. You don't care about muzzling them. You insist that it's all the owner's fault, and that dogs are no more dangerous than balloons.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK-Cancel-Apply viewpost.gif
    You seriously think I made this up???

Yes.

Understandable, as your pro dog arguments are so weak, you have to at least claim you believe I made my story up.

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=64322&stc=1&d=1223131591

OMG, you shudda seen what happened. The two dogs ATE through the leads and chased this chap down the road. I thought 'Sweet jesus their gonna eat his face off, but he ran like the wind(y) fecker that he was and just before getting through his front door he threw his nephew into the dogs path..

It was a terrible sight, instead of ripping the kids face off like they've been taught they LICKED his face and waggled their tails in a threatening manner.

Phew, it was a close one.

So you want to make jokes about my nephews? Why don't we make a joke about your daughter's face being ripped off by Fang and Slash there? YOU WOULD NOT BE LAUGHING SO HARD IF IT HAPPENED, WOULD YOU? Your judo skills would not be enough to save her either.

Lads, its a troll lets not feed it.

Please, what is a troll? i thought they were Scandinavian nasties who ate people as in Three Billy Goats Gruff...

Are your dogs really called Fang and Slash?:confused::)

sorella wrote: »
    Are your dogs really called Fang and Slash?:confused::)

No, they're Killer and Mauler.
    They're Jericho and Ruby

I made my story up.

I know you did... ;)

Cool photo Mairt, your daughter and dogs are lovely.

lightening wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK-Cancel-Apply viewpost.gif
    I made my story up.

I know you did... wink.gif

Cool photo Mairt, your daughter and dogs are lovely.

And as night follows day, childish gutter tactics emerge to fill the void left by a valid argument. Second time somebody has 'fake' quoted me on boards.

You people just have no leg to stand on. You won't even concede that big dogs should be muzzled in public. You won't admit that they even represent the slightest hazard. You just think about your own little fuzzballs and assure everyone around you that they don't bite. Look a bit further than your own nose for once. It's safer to own a gun, as they require human operation.

sorella wrote: »
    Please, what is a troll? i thought they were Scandinavian nasties who ate people as in Three Billy Goats Gruff...

'Troll' is a term wheeled out by desperate people when they realise they have no argument. Other tactics include 'fake quoting', attempts at ridicule (with no actual arguing of points) and general childishness.

I still think your spoofing. I don't think you could outpace two terriers no matter how far away from your house you were. If they wanted to get at you they would have. Dashing towards you while barking? Doesn't sound like Staffie behavior to me.

Anyway, carry on...

• Advertisement

Cars are under the control of humans. They are MACHINES. Dog are NOT.

David.... David Attenberg?

Advertisement