Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantastic S60 shell enhancement

• 02-10-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Came across this new app early this morning - it's a bit like mobile shell or pocket plus for windows mobiles! It's stunning, fast and doesn't eat RAM.
    The screenshots don't do it justice. If you have a nokia s60 3rd phone (e61, 51, 71 etc....) you have got to try it!
    caution though, after the trial it's not cheap ;)

http://nokia-e71-software.epocware.com/Handy_Shell.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I already use Nokia Email which takes up 23 lines on display, I wonder how this will look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hey, just releasised it doesn't only come with handy weather included, but also with "handy task" - which is an s60 must-have apps... So the price isn't too bad, actually ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Can you change the way to time is displayed? It's so ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

flodis79 wrote: »
    Can you change the way to time is displayed? It's so ugly.

No - not in my trial version... But you can remover the time plug-in alltogether. You can then make the original nokia home screen super-clean, whith just the clock. A press of the menubutton, and you have the handy shell screen... I admit it's probably not everyone's cup of tea... I like the option to have the main home screen 'clean'/uncluttered, and then have the handy screen with my main apps, notifiers, weather ugin, and then the contact plugin with thumbnails...
    The app offers a 3rd option to the homescreen-switch feature of the e71...
    Will I pay $45 for that? Not sure - but in the future epoc will offer further plugins and personalisations, so at least it's worth keeping an eye on.

Advertisement