Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Descending the Venosc (Video)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Steeplechase

Sweet Child of Prague :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Sweet Baby Jesus and The Orphans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Mother of God.

Makes you wonder why the BMX track in Marley is getting flattened for insurance reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Ah so THATS what mountain bikes are for? I was wondering for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

JEEBUZ!

Seriously how did they keep grip going around those bends???:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

that looks COOL! Well except for all the high-vis wearing, no lights, red-light breaking commuters going slowly at the top section :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Juh-hay-sus.

That...is really bad for the heart (of the viewer). (Especially around 4.48 when you think the inevitable has happened but it turns out the cameraman merely glanced off a tree. I physically jumped back in my chair.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I need a drink after watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Brilliant. Reality TV at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Pretty cool... Anyone else find themselves leaning into the bends watching this? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Some amazing riding and views but those guys are know ends. Pushing anyone slower than them out of the way, passing without warning and passing on dangerous corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

No doubt about it brilliant...... and the thoughts that they don't get to ride back up :-) --- Since there is a bit of money flying about for the banks 400 Billion or so maybe we can get a grant for a chair lift in each of the 32 counties --- great tourist attractions

I want to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

That's pretty much what people can expect if they come along to this:

http://www.madmtb.com/wordpress/2008/10/01/mad-beginners-ride-this-weekend/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Must have taken an age to ride up there. Lazy gits though, they hardly peddled at all on the way down.
    Morgan wrote: »
    That's pretty much what people can expect if they come along to this:

http://www.madmtb.com/wordpress/2008/10/01/mad-beginners-ride-this-weekend/

Why didn't you say so sooner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

el tonto wrote: »
    Must have taken an age to ride up there. Lazy gits though, they hardly peddled at all on the way down.

Why didn't you say so sooner;)

Downhillers..i doubt they rode up there!!! Walked it or took the ski-lifts or bike lifts up i reckon!!
    Amazing vid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Downhillers..i doubt they rode up there!!! Walked it or took the ski-lifts or bike lifts up i reckon!!
    Amazing vid though.

Considering they stopped at chairlift I put money on them not riding up

Advertisement