Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pub showing the debate tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

has she got around to actually answering the first question yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

sure, McCain DEFINITELY meant the american workforce when he said the fundementals of the economy were strong. bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Looks like a smart strategy by the DEMS - having Biden attack McCain as opposed to attacking Palin

Palin seeems to be just spouting nonsense - she seems to be going for the "politicans are bad" vote which is utterly bizarre when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

The question comes and you can see her mind click and the memorized answer come out. Same goes for Joe Biden, obviously, but to a much (much) lesser extent.

She annoys me too much. It sounds like she's talking to 8-year-olds. "Gee whizz, folks, we just gotta pull together and get through this gosh darnit economic crisis".

She's rambling somewhat, but not anywhere near as much as she did in the Couric interviews. not quite as disgraceful.

• Advertisement

OUCH!

Now she is off on a tangent.

edit: except the mod stopped her :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I think she's doing alright, really working that pagent training.

Having a shot at the moderator doesn't come across great either. Biden's initial reply on the tax comment came across significantly clearer.

Also, stating that government is the problem, and that it should let business work on its own, at the moment in the middle of a credit crisis, is a silly point.

She is doing reasonably well, she is just quite an unclear speaker. I find it much easier to pull out Bidens main points in comparison with hers, because she combines two or three points into a single statement, with none of them being clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

She really seems to be going down the route of trying to speak to government sceptics and paint politicians as trying to fool "ordinary Joe 6-pack".

you gotta wonder where this chick was for the past week. Must have been some training session down in sedona.

--edit

oh, bridge to nowhere

*boom*

• Advertisement

She seems to not be able to put sentences together to form a coherent point.

The individual sentences themselves make sense but when you put them together there is no central coherence.

Biden has been very solid - very good on the tax cuts and fairness, getting a bit bogged down on detail there.

Nice one on the bridge to nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

First big win, Health for Biden

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Easy on the statistics there, Joe. It's a lot of them, quickly.

"Slow down foreign assistance" - I'm sure middle America is devastated about that.

Anyone know how long this is? I've an exam tomorrow...

oooooooh
    nice little dig at barrack obama's bitter comment.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Tom65 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long this is? I've an exam tomorrow...

1.5 hrs

She's doing ok, but referring to what I did in Alaska too much.

Good point on oil though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I feel like she's flirting at me through the television. Keeps waggling her eyebrows and making my pantaloons go up.

Palin doing her best to avoid answering any of the questions and going off into prepared spiels

Seanies32 wrote: »
    She's doing ok, but referring to what I did in Alaska too much.

Good point on oil though!

I don't know how it would go down in the US, but I don't believe what she says about her and fighting big oil companies.

The Washington Post blog seems to be largely positive about Palin. I'm not saying she's really bad (well...) - I just think she doesn't look nearly as professional as Joe Biden.

hmm.

Is the latest question jump her by surprise?

She seems to be repeating a previous answer and was a bit unsure at the start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Was it me or did she actually wink at the camera when she said John McCain meant the workforce were the strong point of the American economy?

I thought she scored on oil, but Biden counter punched.

He's a good debater!

ok now they are both repeating...

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hmm.

Is the latest question jump her by surprise?

She seems to be repeating a previous answer and was a bit unsure at the start?

Yeah her answer to that was shocking nonsense

Biden looks like someone who could be Pres in an emergency. Palin doesn't .

I'd be severely disappointed if someone who's been in the senate as long as him wasn't an excellent speaker and debater. She's not responding to anything Biden says however, jumping back to a pre-prepared speech. ("I want to go back to energy" for instance)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

She has her prepared answers and just seems to work things around to them and focus on them to try give her something to say even if they are going off track to the question asked.

"im an energy expert so im gonna mention energy as much as i can to sound knowlegable"

Dear Sarah Palin.

You produce 3% of the world's oil ("energy" to you). You use about 25%. Please explain how you plan to make that work.

PS, What is inderpendence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 damp sponge

long time lurker, first time poster.........whooo!bit drunk too...anyone else watching this on cnn?Whats the story with the graph at the bottom of the screen, does it indicate voters agreement with the candidate or the point?

Am I right in saying it looks like more men are agreeing with Palin and more women with Biden, or am I totally wrong?

"I don't attribute man's activities to climate change"?! That's the kind of gaffe I'd expect from Biden...

• Advertisement

You produce 3% of the world's oil ("energy" to you). You use about 25%. Please explain how you plan to make that work.

and bidan comes in with your point?

Are you on a microphone to him?

Advertisement