Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Walsh girlband revealed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

I don't mean to be nasty about them, I'm sure they're nice girls but they just don't look like they have what it takes at all....look at Girls Aloud and The Saturdays - they have it all, they're the perfect girl bands. I don't think this new band has the looks or appeal that those two bands have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jaino

I wonder where Leanne Moore went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 percyblue

The music business seems so much harder to break these days. like even 5 years ago, everyone knew what was number 1 in the charts. Today?????
    Wish them well, but I think the market is saturated with boy/girl bands

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Urgh Jodi Albert wrecks my head she has no class ! She is WAY too old to be wearing a belly top and she always wore wildy inappropriate mini dresses to the Westlife weddings. I know a guy who was at the christening of Nicky's kids and Jodi turned up in a tarty OTT red outfit they were all mortified !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 slyhands

All you people are a jealous bunch of sour bitches,

These girls are ****ing deadly and have clearly more talent than any of them other **** girlbands like the saturdays or girls aloud. Jealousy is a horrible thing,
    just coz these girls are goin for it and can sing and are Irish!!

****ing twats the lot of ye are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So what are the girls up to these days? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

slyhands wrote: »

These girls are ****ing deadly and have clearly more talent than any of them other **** girlbands like the saturdays or girls aloud. Jealousy is a horrible thing,

Which one is your sister?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Not really... I wish anyone luck trying to get into the music industry. Not an easy task really... Whatever about Girls Aloud (1 good vocalist out of 5) they dont match the talent of the Saturdays.
    And they shouldn't put themselves up for that. They should be trying to be differant, whoever picked both songs they have performed on TV thus far should be shot - both songs they were given to sing were just lifeless crappy songs that Mariah would be hard pressed to make interesting..(with all her high notes and dolphin speak)
    They need to be very careful how they go forward - Bubble G just launched (new group) and as i sat in for those auditions there i seen the 3 irish girls who are in the group.. They can really sing, they can dance and they are fabulous....
    Louis group now have mega competition, but not from the Saturdays....

Also, Louis hasn't a good track record with managing girls.. . But i do wish them luck - Hopefully they get the attention and help they will need to be a success :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Not all are Irish and not all can sing *coughs* Jodie Albert - she is only in the band because of hubby Kian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It only took him 15 years! I'd been hearing about a new "Girlzone" band for donkeys.

Just how.....how can they make a reality TV show out of that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

That will be one show I won't be tuning in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

What wrong with Kian Egan's missus plus backing singers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rooky_

You think he'd be content with John & Edward :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jaysus, that Jodi Albert is awful!!!

Nepotism at it's best! Her and Kian are welcome to each other!

Louis Walsh announced on TV3 yesterday that these ladies shall be
    1) revealing their name 2)Supporting Westlife in the coming weeks.
    Looking forward to hearing them.. they have been recording away for some time now.
    Louis Walsh said 'Bangles/Corrs' as opposed to 'Girls aloud'.

:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Aparently they're called Wonderland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xzanti wrote: »
    Aparently they're called Wonderland

Shiit by any other name still stinks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Supporting Westlife in the coming weeks

:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

:eek:
    Lol.. wow they must be brilliant seeing a reaction like this.. even though the highlighted line is not really true !

Wonderland is a rubbish name in my opinion:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Be-ditched would have been a better name.

And Louis Walsh continues to prove he only has the midas touch when it comes to males. Like the Bangles/Corrs? And they're called Wonderland!? I can't see them rubbing shoulders with Girls Aloud and to a lesser extent the Sugababes and the Saturdays.

Didn't one of Girls Aloud say before that they were successful in spite of Louis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

2)Supporting Westlife in the coming weeks.

I know that was inevitable, but for some reason i find it amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

At least they've had a lot of time to practice singing. But I'm guessing a whole heap of computer editing will fix any problems they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

it said on the Mirror, they supported Westlife and their name is Wonderland

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

DA HAAACK A DEM :pac:

Ah no they look great, don't look like your regular bubblegum sparkley sh1te.. Something a bit different perhaps? Well... maybe :o :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Hey all,
    So yup they are called Wonderland .

They look like some of the Girls Aloud girls!!
    Nadine lookalike on the right & Nicola in the middle..the one on the far left too!
    I wonder how they'll do..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

The one in the middle is the image of Cleo in Fair City :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭thesultan

she kind of looks like alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Impulsive

Cleo out of FairCity! I think someone needs to go to Spec Savers, she looks nothing like her, far nicer......:D

Oh that girl is actually Leigh, she has the best voice from what I heard of them so far, lucky things getting to live their dream and work with Westife while we continue with our boring jobs!:(

tink2 wrote: »
    Urgh Jodi Albert wrecks my head she has no class ! She is WAY too old to be wearing a belly top and she always wore wildy inappropriate mini dresses to the Westlife weddings. I know a guy who was at the christening of Nicky's kids and Jodi turned up in a tarty OTT red outfit they were all mortified !

I remember my bellytop days and if you have the stomach go for it! I would if I could now, only someone who has to lift their fat to see their toes would make a comment like this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

I thought for a minute the post said "Louis Walsh's girlfriend revealed.". I was very surprised for a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Hey all,
    So yup they are called Wonderland .

You'd think after the westside/westlife thing Louis would have checked out the name.

I know someone who has a trademark on the name wonderland with respect to use as a band name world wide. They've incorporated the name in the US & have trademarked it in europe, australia & asia & have recordings lodged with RIAA, so there's precedence of them using the name

Of course they're five hairy rock guys, but if Mr. Walsh wants to use the name for his band, he'll have to talk to them first... :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

iMax wrote: »
    You'd think after the westside/westlife thing Louis would have checked out the name.

I know someone who has a trademark on the name wonderland with respect to use as a band name world wide. They've incorporated the name in the US & have trademarked it in europe, australia & asia & have recordings lodged with RIAA, so there's precedence of them using the name

Of course they're five hairy rock guys, but if Mr. Walsh wants to use the name for his band, he'll have to talk to them first... :/

Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Impulsive wrote: »
    , lucky things getting to live their dream and work with Westife...

Especially Jodi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

iMax wrote: »

You can't trademark a band name.

You have to prove you're actively using the bandname in the region you're claiming infringement.

Even having recordings lodged with the RIAA doesn't protect the name, only the songs themselves.

There's a lot of hoops to jump through to stop a band using a name.

Unfortunately, in this case :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

As it turns out, they've been "Persuaded" to give up the name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Judging by their assets (their voices included ;)), I'd imagine they are going to be very successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 yvonne1979

Nothing like a bit of nepotism. Wifey in the band.
    All too familiar in Ireland. Cast the net a bit wider..... you never know what you might find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Have they changed the name to Blunderland yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3130794/X-Factors-Louis-Walsh-to-launch-TV-show-with-girlband-Wonderland.html
    X FACTOR judge Louis Walsh is planning his own TV music reality show.
    He will team up with Westlife pal Kian Egan to launch a new girlband called Wonderland.

The two-part series will follow the five girls - who include Kian's wife and ex-Hollyoaks star Jodi Albert, 27 - as they try to crack the charts.

And Louis, 58 - the man behind Boyzone, Westlife and now JLS - confidently predicted: "Wonderland will definitely be the biggest girlband in the world come the end of next year.

"These girls really have something special." Compared to TV juggernaut X Factor, Louis Walsh & Kian Egan's Next Big Thing will be a telly minnow screened on ITV2.

But Wonderland won't be Louis's first act to have an ITV2 reality show - X Factor twins John and Edward Grimes already have one called Jedward: Let Loose.

Just like Boyzone and Westlife, all five Wonderland members are from Dublin.

More than 3,000 hopefuls attended the first audition there - with Sharon Condon, Corrina Durran, Leigh Learmont and Kasey Smith finally being picked to join Kian's missus in the line-up.

Silver-haired Louis added: "It's great that the girls have an ITV2 show already."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jesus...what Ireland needs, another failed "pop" group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

wonderland me hole, CS lewis would be turning in his grave. :D

The Ad for the show has arrived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48sn-s_bsE

also, new pics from their photo shoot are up on the website:
    http://www.wonderlandofficial.com/

I have to say i was shown the photo-shoot picture shortly after it was taken and was convinced it wasn't them... they look very differant now after all the polishing up celeb style :cool:

I still think Wonderland is a comical name for all the wrong reasons. Sounds like a band that has come straight out of the 90's camp pop scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

• Advertisement
Advertisement