Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several site problems

Options
  • 02-10-2008 12:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon CuLT.. Was on Boards early morning and it was fine, came back on now to find that the front page is back to its old version, no ads are showing anywhere on the site, the top navigation bar is gone, quickly reply isnt working, the layout seems slightly odd and there are javascript errors appearing on every page. Getting a lot of "undefined" type errors and "missing object" errors on various lines. Using IE7.

Assume this is just a temp problem due to maintenance?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Back using Firefox on a different PC and its all working, bar the front page being old..

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There was never any problem that I was aware of.

Old page is there as a result of nobody liking the new one. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im not nobody :( I liked it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CuLT wrote: »
    There was never any problem that I was aware of.

Tested it on two machines in the college, both running IE7 and both had lots of javascript problems. Working fine in Firefox though, and haven't tested it on an machine running IE7 outside of college.
    Old page is there as a result of nobody liking the new one. *shrugs*

I thought it was great. The only things people felt was the clouds were weird (tho I think more people were growing used to) and the last poster was missing (it was re added shortly before the page was removed). The ads, well nobody likes ads :p

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement