Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 phone insurance - query

• 02-10-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭

I've switched to Clear SIM.

if I buy a new handset off ebAY and lose me phone/drop it in a pint glass

can I claim it off the O2 insurance [ which I still have ] or do I need to tell them I've changed my phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

trellheim wrote: »
    I've switched to Clear SIM.

if I buy a new handset off ebAY and lose me phone/drop it in a pint glass

can I claim it off the O2 insurance [ which I still have ] or do I need to tell them I've changed my phone.

the o2 insurance covers the handset you insured with them, not the one off ebay.

if you no longer use or own that handset, cancel the insurance, you're paying money for nothing.

*edit* oh wait, i see what you mean now.....well no you dont have to tell them you changed phones....but it sounds like you're describing insurance fraud. which is naughty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭trellheim

no no nothing of the kind I do assure you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

just like the guy who got his phone stolen just as he left from the o2 shop with a new phone freshly insured. and that happened twice to him! what a unlucky fellow!

Advertisement