Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presents for a first-time mother?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A good friend of mine has had her first baby, a little girl. She's over in Australia, but am planning to send over a little box with some gifts in it.

Does any one have any ideas of what to send over? I'd like to send something that she's going to use, but not something too run-of-the-mill either! Oh, and it can't be too heavy!! :p

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm stumped! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

A big ass voucher for a shopping store which has not only baby clothes but toys as well. Cant tell you how much i wanted to go out and get baby cloths right after mine were born. Gets mommy out of the house too ... always a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

bmitte d

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

You could include a voucher for one of those online photo companies, they do a selection of gifts and will deliver. Got mugs and large portraits of my little lad as gifts for grandparents...I used Snapfish, found it very good. Aldi do now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Get her a GAA babygro with her Irish county colours on it. You can get them at
    www.gagababy.ie
    Light as a feather too. I'd get one myself but my baby has the disadvantage of a Dublin father that cancels out the excellence of her Kerry mother and the people at gagababy said that such a terrible mixing of genetic GAA heritage would ensure that the child will never take an interest in sport. Tragic really. There should be a test you could take for it.:(

Advertisement