Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E92 or...

Options
  • 02-10-2008 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

All in the name of fun lads..

They are two quite different things, one is a well spoken, some might say opinionated Cork man and one is a four cylinder, eight valve direct injection turbo diesel with a capacity of 1,896cc, but in general...

Which do you prefer, E92 or his arch nemesis VAG's 1.9 TDI?

In general Which do you prefer? 29 votes

E92
    0%
    VAG 1.9 TDI
    86%
    rabbitinlightsrockySeth BrundleDaveDHolstenqzpred racerninty9erHenry Ford IIIAnan1crosstownkanthony4335Victor_MGumboBiroMylowE92SVCookie_Monsterallybhoy 25 votes
    Neither one is my cup of tea
    13%
    T-MaxxicomZonda999Ferris 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

VAG 1.9 TDI
    It's hard to know which is noisier sometimes, but E92 gives off much better vibes! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Neither one is my cup of tea
    If you look at effectiveness i'd say more people are moved by VAG's 1.9 tdi.

But if you look at Co2 emissions it'd be a closer call:)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

what's the equivalent of a leggy blonde?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

VAG 1.9 TDI
    What about a 4th option - E92 driving a 1.9 TDi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

VAG 1.9 TDI
    Unfortunately that option is not available as it would cause the Earth to stop spinning, I'm certain. Thankfully the possibility of this ever happening is extremely low. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say E92 is less noisy and more refined than the 1.9 TDi. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

VAG 1.9 TDI
    It's hard to know which is noisier sometimes, but E92 gives off much better vibes! ;)

ROFLs:p!

I know I'm opinionated but aren't car enthusiasts supposed to be that way?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

VAG 1.9 TDI
    I'm not entirely sure what an E92 is (presumably a BMW but it could be one of those nasty chemicals you find on the old blue smarties).

Either way it's got to be better than motorings equivalent of an Aga stove :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

On the other hand, E92 gives off 12% more CO2 per litre burnt. Don't ever forget that because he won't let you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

VAG 1.9 TDI
    E92 wrote: »
    ROFLs:p!

I know I'm opinionated but aren't car enthusiasts supposed to be that way?

I am fond of my TDI's, but for being a good sport you get my vote! :D

LOL @ the some of the replies - this place is better that AH! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

VAG 1.9 TDI
    bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say E92 is less noisy and more refined than the 1.9 TDi. :D

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

But the 1.9 TDI's are faster than Evo's..... How would E92 even catch one to get into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

VAG 1.9 TDI
    Onkle wrote: »
    But the 1.9 TDI's are faster than Evo's..... How would E92 even catch one to get into it?

Easy... by fitting a TDi to a beemer - then it'd be mad fashttt as well as being "good in the twistys!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Biro wrote: »
    Easy... by fitting a TDi to a beemer - then it'd be mad fashttt as well as being "good in the twistys!"

Touche :) Now that would be a car alright

VAG 1.9 TDI
    Biro wrote: »

LMAO:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

VAG 1.9 TDI
    Gypo wrote: »
    one is a well spoken, some might say opinionated Cork man

All Cork men are opinionated but he's not the worst!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Is E92 for diesel cars, or can you put it in any car capable of running on E95 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

E92 is actually the code for the approved BMW indicator fluid that so many BMW drivers neglect to top up after it runs out,hence the bad stereotype of BMW drivers not knowing how to use indicators,they are in fact using the indicator stalk but because there is no fluid in the indicator bottle alas the bulb doesn't flash! :D:D:D

Great thread! ;)

VAG 1.9 TDI
    tossy wrote: »
    E92 is actually the code for the approved BMW indicator fluid that so many BMW drivers neglect to top up after it runs out,hence the bad stereotype of BMW drivers not knowing how to use indicators,they are in fact using the indicator stalk but because there is no fluid in the indicator bottle alas the bulb doesn't flash! :D:D:D

Great thread! ;)
    PMSL:p!

I didn't realise you were such a comedian tossy:D!

VAG 1.9 TDI
    Sandwich wrote: »
    Is E92 for diesel cars?

No I can't stand them:pac:!

• Advertisement

Your options are a little limited. How can you dismiss the W203?
    Quite a few of them about.

VAG 1.9 TDI
    Sandwich wrote: »
    Your options are a little limited. How can you dismiss the W203?
    Quite a few of them about.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the above post?

Btw, this is an E92, the one in the link is actually an occasional poster here on Motors(though he hasn't posted here in a good while come to think of it)

Its a straight forward question.Surely you should consider a W203 if you're interested in an E92?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

VAG 1.9 TDI
    I suppose E92, but in the über refined 335d variety. Classy, but forceful; opinionated, yet subtle:D

Advertisement