Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cert of Compliance

• 02-10-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi ( yup me again)

Having finished the design,with help ( thanks RKQ) and things are progressing
    nicely, we need to get a Cert of compliance for the Work being Done for many reasons, :)

Would it be best to talk to a architect or a Surveryor or Engineer? who would be ok working from my drawings (Programme Called 3D Floor plan ) I have only Designed the insides really ( as per my attachments in other thread)
    and the layout I want and Were I want Doors Windows, etc, leaving the rest to the skill of the builder and Experience etc (I know Im mad ) as the main wall in the back is coming Down and an RSJ is being put in I want it done correctly and someone to cert its ok,

Any advise on what to Do,?

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Sorry to be blunt - but STOP . No professional will cert works on this basis . I would never certs works where i had no part in design , specification and site inspections . Pretty swift route to an enforced early retirement .

Would YOU buy a property where works were certified on the basis you are outlining ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Cheers Rob, glad to help. The answer below is specific to your project.

Retain a professional - Architectural Technician, Engineer, Building Surveyor or Architect that has Full Professional Indemnity Insurance.

This Certifier will need to be happy that the rear extension is Exempted Development and complies fully with Building Regulations.

Get this person on site to view all "open" construction - foundation trenches, steel reinforcing, concrete, rising walls, floor construction, wall construction, Steel beam and roof constuction.

Also keep a photographic record of all construction. Fee could be based on number of visits or value of works certified. Get a quote / contract before works start.

Your drawings should be fine as long as they are to scale and are based on an accurate survey of the existing structure.

You must also decide on a full construction specification to include wall insulation thickness, and everything you can thing of, right down to number of wall sockets etc. All construction should be as detailed in the Homebond Manual. Your Certifier should help you will this and provide wall sections at 1:20 or 1:5 standard details if required.

Window sizes and cill heights are also important. Internal door sizes are standard. Check out the Homebond or RIAI Standard building contracts.
    Once the design is finalised - stick to your guns - no more changes!

Retain a Professional, write a detailed specification and get a Building Contract signed by both parties. :)

By the way how did prices for moving the bathroom work out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

No need to apologise .

Hmm righto, so Im looking for a surveyor or architect or Tech or Enginner,
    to put my drawings into offical drawings yes?

Any ideas on fees?

All Advise help full

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Your drawings may be ok as far as they go . They are 99% certain to require additional specfication , which can take the form of a text document and perhaps some additional sketches or additional drawings - professionally prepared .

RKQ has given very good explicit advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Once Again RKQ your a Star,.

Have Contacted three Building Surveyors and Awaiting there responce

Plans to keep a Full photograhc record of the build Day by Day, already in place,

Full contracts etc will be sorted for sure, Cheers,

My Drawings are indeed to scale and based on accurate Survey of the existing structure,

Full Construction specification 75 % Complete ( Im getting a exact material list from the builders, with the Quote eg king span, foundation depth, Stud wall and plater board thickness etc)

>>Window sizes and cill heights are also important ,, noted thanks

( on my way to get homebondManual if possible asap)

Design is finalist and will not under any circumstances be changed, (
    latest floor plan from me has all door, toilet, Sink, Shower, Bath positions
    set in Stone and will not be moved)

Diffo sorting a professional for sure,, will step that up now today,

The prices hasnt come in yet for the bathroom move, One builder Coming
    out tonight and another Will requested his plumber wants to Come out tomorrow for a site inspection
    So will let you know

On a Side not, Anyone know much about these Saniflows Systems?
    One builder suggested it ( not to sure myself, dosnt wsound right to me )

Cheers one again ( Lifesaver, :) )

Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement