Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES2009 demo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It has 250 improvements!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Some feedback on the actual gameplay..............:( uh oh
    So happy to confirm we have the game in our hands.

pes09promo-500x285.jpg

I’ve been playing it quite a bit already, and while I can say the gameplay is similar to the demo, the graphics have that extra polish the demo missed.

Squads, like we said in the podcast, are exactly the same as the demo. Unfortunate for online players, but that should be sorted with these online updates.

For today, expect some videos in the evening of various modes. Also watch out for our kit editor Carl Brook’s post’s, he’s gonna be showing you just what he can do with the edit mode. Expect big things!

SOURCE: http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/we-have-pes-2009/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My opinion is that unless you own and have played bith titles and not pissing about with demos then opinions are worthless. I owned both last year and would have looked for a refund on PES if I could. I prefer Fifa 08 and so far this year fifa is a big step up from last year and not a bit like 03 where ever you are getting that from. I am not going to make a decision on whether its better than PES until I play the final release properly. For me if online is anythign like last year then the game is a failure full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

A demo of a football game is basically the game. If you don't like the gameplay mechanics in the demo then how are you going to like them in the full game?

I loved the Euro2008 gameplay and when I got the full thing it was the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A demo of a football game is basically the game. If you don't like the gameplay mechanics in the demo then how are you going to like them in the full game?

Exactly the point i was trying to make!

You were more concise though....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 st3mc92

i played the pro demo and honestly i think they are so far behind on ideas as fifa are. this year in pro the equivalent to "be a pro" is out. i agree that the gameplay is better in pro but i wasn't impressed with the demo:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Meh, had more fun playing this demo then I had all week playing fifa 2009, but fifa is a far more realistic game.

Other than the fact pro evo is more arcadie, hence fun to play, is that my mate is not as good at it as I. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

I got Fifa on friday and played it quite a bit and yes its a very good game indeed but there is just SOMETHING missing,maybe its too technical a representation of football.Went back to PES demo today and after initially loving and then hating it now I think its actually not half bad indeed.FIFA seems to be a dour struggle to score goals while in PES you can score good goals without it being totally dumbed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

GrumPy wrote: »
    Other than the fact pro evo is more arcadie, hence fun to play

Never thought I'd see the day that someone said Pro Evo is more arcadie than Fifa... Pro Evo fans (and I include myself in that!) would have always said Pro Evo is more realistic than Fifa and therefore a better game! The roles do seem to be reserved now, but I bet hardcore Pro Evo fans will remain just that, and similarly with Fifa fans.

Sometimes people seem to judge the name of the game more than the actual gameplay itself. I was a Pro Evo fan (and poured thousands of hours into it) all the up until PES2008. For the first time, in 2008, Fifa over took Pro Evo, IMO and it looks like it might continue this year...

Anyways, hightened competition can only be a good thing for us, so no matter which game you prefer, the vast improvement of Fifa can only be good for the sake of both games! By that I mean, the era of churning out the same game year after year with updated squads is gone. If you don't improve, you're going to come off second best.... the way it should be!! :cool:

I think last year PES was guilty of taking the fans for granted,perhaps underestimating the challenge from FIFA and to be honest anyone who played Pro Evo over the years never imagined a time when FIFA was a viable alternative.Still and all anti-FIFA bias aside its a good game with some amazing front end presentation but at times I def felt not totally in control of what was happening.

• Advertisement

CJackson wrote: »

The squads are not updated from the demo? They are horribly, horribly out of date, United have 4-5 players they have left and don't have Berbatov or Manucho for example.

This is the first time since ISS that I'm not considering NOT buying Pro Evo. The very least that they can do is update the squads. This is pure lazyiness and short changing fans if you ask me. If EA could manage a minor squad update between their demo and the release date, why can't Konami? I mean, for offline play, its ok, but expecting people to play online with outdated squads in a brand new game is absolute ridiculous. It's not like we're asking for a lot, its not like they even have to update lower league squads (which EA did).

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    The squads are not updated from the demo? They are horribly, horribly out of date, United have 4-5 players they have left and don't have Berbatov or Manucho for example.

This is the first time since ISS that I'm not considering NOT buying Pro Evo. The very least that they can do is update the squads. This is pure lazyiness and short changing fans if you ask me. If EA could manage a minor squad update between their demo and the release date, why can't Konami? I mean, for offline play, its ok, but expecting people to play online with outdated squads in a brand new game is absolute ridiculous. It's not like we're asking for a lot, its not like they even have to update lower league squads (which EA did).

Dont quote me on this but Ive heard the squads will update once you connect to LIVE /PSN. Seabass mentioned something about having squad updates once the transfer windows close

CJackson wrote: »
    Dont quote me on this but Ive heard the squads will update once you connect to LIVE /PSN. Seabass mentioned something about having squad updates once the transfer windows close

That wouldn't be too bad so, I don't care if they are on the disc, or if you can download them on the marketplace once they are available.

I don't see a point in shelling out 60 quid for a game with outdated squads when I already have Fifa, with fully up to date squads and which is an outsanding game.

Still hope you are right though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Any one got a spare Xbox Live Gold trial or anything? Don't use Xbox Live, just need it long enough to download the demo! Dying to play it!

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Any one got a spare Xbox Live Gold trial or anything? Don't use Xbox Live, just need it long enough to download the demo! Dying to play it!

Thanks

Don't bother, the demo is tripe! Well I think it is, and if they game is like that I think I'll be switching back to EA!!

I think I heard the updates are only for PS3 users! (don't quote me on that)

Looks like they're gonna have the first update ready after the Jan transfer window. Wonder what the charge will be :mad:
    “It has come to the attention of Konami that the fans of PES are passionate enough about the PES series to require console updates on the latest features, details, and improvements of PES 2009. Because of this, Konami are due to release PES 2009 downloadable content that will be available in Febuary 2009 that will enhance the game to Konami’s potential. Any downloadable content will be chargable on all formats, and will offer gamers a more dynamic experience of the PES 2009 game.”

Read on http://www.proevonews.co.uk/

So that basically means, "If you want updated squads, not only will you have to wait 4 and a half months, but you will also have to pay for it too"

Thanks, but no thanks. What an absolute joke. First Konami football game I won't be buying since ISS.

I think Feb 2009 updates means the Jan transfer window,Konami cant seriously think folk will accept outdated squads straight out of the box although on the other hand they thought we would accept PES 2008....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

So that basically means, "If you want updated squads, not only will you have to wait 4 and a half months, but you will also have to pay for it too"

Thanks, but no thanks. What an absolute joke. First Konami football game I won't be buying since ISS.

Exactly and... me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

m83 wrote: »
    Exactly and... me too.

me three! .. Bought fifa this year. So ****1n good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If FIFA can have updated teams out of the box why cant PES?

WENB ....Option File Update: Chelsea VS Arsenal

*****NOTE**** Pics taken with a digital camera

8.jpg1.jpg
    2.jpg3.jpg
    4.jpg5.jpg
    6.jpg7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I think I'm going to buy FIFA this year, rented it after playing the demo and it really is a country mile ahead of PES this year. Played the PES demo and was completely disappointed, just felt arcadey and looked horrible. Crucially for me the gameplay on FIFA felt miles ahead.

Hopefully this year might be the kick in the arse that Konami sit up and take notice of the progress that FIFA has made and mount a challenge again next year.

Just been reading....

Konami unveils first PES 2009 club update as eagerly-awaited football epic hits stores across Europe…

As Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH’s PES 2009 hits stores tomorrow for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and PC-DVD, the publisher has announced a free downloadable update for early November, expanding upon the games licensed teams and in-game elements.

The download will be available in about three weeks, and updates four Spanish sides – Athletico Madrid, Sevilla, Racing Santander and Valladolid, – all of whom will be officially licensed. Furthermore, it will also update the kits and team rosters of many teams within the game. The UEFA Champions League mode will also benefit from the new update, with twelve more teams added to the club list, with proper UEFA Champions League kits and kit markings added. Amongst the teams fully updated within this mode now will be Marseille, Juventus, and Basel.

The new raft of additions further demonstrate Konami’s commitment to expanding the licence roster in the PES series. Every aspect of PES 2009 has been reworked from the ground up, with new player models, AI elements and physics routines all combining to create the most advanced and realistic football game ever. The game also includes new Become a Legend and Legends modes, wherein players guide one player within a team either solo or online. Expanding upon this, the update also adds a new Theatre of Legends function which allows users to upload replay data for friends to view, and to view those of others.

The PES series has always been famed for its deep yet accessible control system, but the new game is aiming even higher. PES 2009 offers an unprecedented level of control, redefining the intricacies of first touch, close control and ball distribution, while also enhancing its shooting and AI mechanisms to create an all-round footballing experience. New control systems wherein the player can now perform tricks and feints without the use of special moves have been implemented, and the way the player guides the ball has been changed. The PES series has always treated the ball as a separate entity, but new calculations related to the air resistance and friction of the ground make passing and movement in PES 2009 a great deal more realistic.

“PES 2009 is already a million seller in pre-orders alone, but these new additions show how we are determined to continually improve the content of the game,” commented Jon Murphy PES European Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We hope the updated team data and new UEFA Champions League elements will show our ongoing support for PES 2009’s team rosters, and look to continually enhancing such sections in the coming year at no extra cost.”

Advertisement