Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scones

• 02-10-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if fruit scones or cheese scones would be regarded as healthy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering if fruit scones or cheese scones would be regarded as healthy?

thats a bit like asking if bread is healthy, its nearly impossible to answer that without knowing exactly what the scones contain (e.g. what type of flour, fat, sugars, cheese etc). scones are one of those things that nearly everyone makes differently .... on a slight aside you can make great wholemeal scones with strong wholemeal flour, a little flora, milk, and lots of raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

billyhead wrote: »

Almost certainly not. If you mean just because there's fruit or cheese in it then definitely not.

Advertisement