Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MOTORPOINT UK

Options
  • 02-10-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

looking at a few cars on there and their prices are excellent, but does anyone know where they get their cars from?

Are they all ex rentals? Mileage on them is all about 12-13k which is what most hire cars insist on their cars being returned by.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Not sure where they get them, I have bought two cars off them, one was a lease car, both 6 months old with around 5K miles on them. They were like new and I would have no qualms about buying from them again. Newport is only an Aer Arann flight away and you can be home by 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Stevie, I saw a couple of posts from you in other threads about Motorpoint and your high recommendations of them.

What are they like to deal with? Do you know if they only have whats listed on the site or does that change from time to time?

What I mean is there is a certain car I am after but they have none in stock. Do they only stock what they have pictures of or do you know if that changes from time to time?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You should try www.autoquake.com too, they website is very well laid out. Most of their cars are ex-fleet.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Stevie, I saw a couple of posts from you in other threads about Motorpoint and your high recommendations of them.

What are they like to deal with? Do you know if they only have whats listed on the site or does that change from time to time?

What I mean is there is a certain car I am after but they have none in stock. Do they only stock what they have pictures of or do you know if that changes from time to time?

Lex, I have had no problems with them, it is a big operation (Newport alone shifts around 50 cars a day) and as such you will be treated well and efficiently. Their stock does change all the time,best thing is to drop them a line. What are you looking for? I trawl the site often and can let you know if I have ever seen it.

All calls seem to go through a call centre, and they like to try and sell from the call centre, when you have found the car you like make sure to get the number for the site and deal only with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

was looking at estates....they have a few well priced new shaped Mondeos, but no Accords, Mazda 6.

Best deals seem to be on the Vecta 1.9CDTi estate. You can pick up a 08 plate with less than 10k miles for under 10k sterling

• Advertisement

Lex, I've never seen either of those models at Motorpoint. As you say they have killer deals on top spec Vectras, was tempted by one of those myself, a lot of car for the money if you were to hold onto it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    looking at a few cars on there and their prices are excellent, but does anyone know where they get their cars from?

Are they all ex rentals? Mileage on them is all about 12-13k which is what most hire cars insist on their cars being returned by.

I have sold cars to Motorpoint.
    They tend to deal with the big fleets & manufacturers - often have pre-reg or very low mileage stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Is there any haggling on the price? Say you get an inspection done and it highlights non major issues, like the upkeep of the trim, or even body scratches, is this a bargaining "power"?

Thanks

W.

You could always try, their margins are tight so you would have to play a good game to get a small discount. Bear in mind though their cars are rarely more than a year old so will be in very good condition.

Their prices are prone to changing (my car dropped £600 a week after I bought it:mad:), so my advice would be to buy in the new year when prices may be adjusted again.

Advertisement