Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Legacy Diesel????

Options
  • 02-10-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am going to test drive the above at the weekend. Does anybody have one or driven one? What are they like to drive? I've read a lot of reviews and they all seem to be good. Just wondering does anybody in the real world have one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

pburns here definitely has one, I think someone else does too. I'm pretty sure they're both delighted with them. I have a Forester myself, Subarus tend to find a bit of a place in their owners hearts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dub75

I had a WRX for 5 years then went to a BMW 525d for 2 months(it was wrote off ). I'd like to go back to Subaru again though as I never had any trouble with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The estate is certainly something I would consider....the CO2 is quite low so its making them very affordable

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A neighbour of my father has a petrol Legacy and loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I took one for a weekend from a pal who works in the industry.
    Estate version in Diesel......good car, all wheel drive........a lot of metal for your money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Test drove a diesel Legacy Outback a while back and was very disappointed. It was very noisy and it really lacks a sixth gear. The ratios seemed all wrong as well meaning you had to work the gears a lot not what you want from a diesel. I really wanted to like it as i had my heart set on buying one. The quality of the leather was pretty bad also. I've read there is a more powerful 6 speed due out next year.

Advertisement