Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greed vs. Need

• 02-10-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Which is higher in important when determining loot?

I always clicked need (where an item interested me at all) to give others a chance since I thought ... well greed seems more assertive than need. But having read a few comments from people I'm not so sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Need gets more priority. If an item drops for 20 people and 1 person needs it while the rest greed it. The people who greeded it don't even get a roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Always Greed unless its something you Need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Lemming wrote: »
    Which is higher in important when determining loot?

I always clicked need (where an item interested me at all) to give others a chance since I thought ... well greed seems more assertive than need. But having read a few comments from people I'm not so sure.

A lot of people would hassle you for posting this, however I applaud that you asked, and its such a cool thing about this game that new people are coming into MMOs. I like the fact that some people in Warhammer have never, ever played WoW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Jumpy wrote: »
    A lot of people would hassle you for posting this, however I applaud that you asked, and its such a cool thing about this game that new people are coming into MMOs. I like the fact that some people in Warhammer have never, ever played WoW.

Oh, I am not new to MMOs in the slightest. I've never played WOW however ;)

SWG (still), and before that Planetside.

Cheers for the info folks. I had thought that greed was greater than need in a loot roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it's the order that they're in that's confusing. I used to wonder the same as Greed was first, followed by Need. It took an angry elf hurling abuse at me, to realise I was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Only "need" when it's an item that is an upgrade like a better weapon or armor, or something you need for skilling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

humanji wrote: »
    I think it's the order that they're in that's confusing. I used to wonder the same as Greed was first, followed by Need. It took an angry elf hurling abuse at me, to realise I was wrong.

I've witnessed people doing the ranty-ranty. Which I find hillarious since they also almost never ever f*cking point out why they're bitching and moaning about someone clicking x or y in a loot roll. So the unknowning player is left feeling both baffled and irritated by a complete knob. Granted, clicking anything but pass on a class specific item which you obviously can't use is obviously pointless but for stand-up-loot it isn't quite so obvious to the uninitiated

Meh. I've not experienced it personally but it's both amusing and stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lemming wrote: »
    I've witnessed people doing the ranty-ranty. Which I find hillarious since they also almost never ever f*cking point out why they're bitching and moaning about someone clicking x or y in a loot roll. So the unknowning player is left feeling both baffled and irritated by a complete knob. Granted, clicking anything but pass on a class specific item which you obviously can't use is obviously pointless but for stand-up-loot it isn't quite so obvious to the uninitiated

Meh. I've not experienced it personally but it's both amusing and stupid.

You have to remember that for all the people who don't know how the system works there are a similar number of people who will roll need on any item simply because they want to sell it. And in War during pvp that's happening very frequently to me because the groups are mainly random.

The real answer is,

Pass; Completely useless to me
    Greed; I can sell it, I might use it etc
    Need; It's something I can and will use.

And for an example, a firemage I have ran into in a few match's has rolled need on everything, pissed off quite a few people(even stole some blues which were class specific) and the answer he gave was "I can sell it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I usually wait until everyone rolls. If they've all rolled greed I'll roll need for a laugh. Nerdrage ftw :p

Ah no...

Or maybe...
    :D

Advertisement