Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance Problems

Options
  • 02-10-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Not to sure if this was the right thread but i need some advice, I am currently in the Process of buying a House, It is a Semi D House and it had Piling like Underpinning but more complex done to It In Janurary 08, my Uncle actually supervised the Process and they spend like 45k doing work to it, Anyway I cant withdraw my Mortgage with House Insurance and No one will insure the House as it had Subsidence work done to it? They say it to high risk, my comeback to them is surely a house that hasnt had subsidence work done to it is at more risk than one that has, Any advice with regards this i am in a bit of a pikle as hope to close to deal within next 2 weeks and this is the only thing holdin it up.

Regards

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wouldn't a surveyor's report sort it with the insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Nope,they wont even quote me,straight away when i say it has been piled they say sorry we wont quote as its to high risk

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Wouldn't a surveyor's report sort it with the insurance company?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ask if they would be willing to write in a clause to exclude specific types of damage caused by it and then go looking for another insurance company later?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

hi i may be wrong here but surley the insurance ombudsman would also have a say as to whether you can be insured????? details below may be worth giving them a call

3rd Floor, Lincoln House,
    Lincoln Place,
    Dublin 2

Lo Call: 1890 88 20 90
    Tel: +353 1 6620899
    Fax: +353 1 6620890

Public Office Hours
    09.30hrs - 13.00hrs
    14.00hrs - 17.00hrs

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is the house insured by the current owner? And if so, with who?

• Advertisement
Advertisement