Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a bulb: HPX 23

• 02-10-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for a bulb reference HPX 23. Its for a front bike light. I've tried Maplins but they don't have it on the system.

Does anyone know where I could get it in Dublin city centre / online?

Cheers,
    72oo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Well after a bit searching around I don't know if any shop would specifically have the HPX 23. Its a Philips bulb, but there's very little info about it on the web.

Here's a pic of the bulb (not very bright) that I pulled out of the light.

bikelightbulbcloseqe2.jpg
    (Horrible quality I know - taken with a camera phone)

Here's what it looks like. (Don't know if this one is Xenon or not.)
    Exactly like this bulb, the very SAME in appearance. So I'm happy enough that if I go into a Peats/other store and buy a bulb with similar (or slightly higher) voltage and wattage I should get what I'm looking for.

Would I be correct in thinking this?
    Also if I go in, show 'em the old bulb, and ask for a Xenon bulb will I just get a blank stare:o? Or will they know what I'm on about?

What would be the best shops around city centre for this?
    I plan on going in tomorrow during lunch and getting the bulb(s).

Cheers,
    72oo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Peates or Maplin is probably your choice. Possibly some hardware or motorfactors may help. Count your batteries and multiply by 1.5v which should be close to the bulb voltage, alternatively bring the lamp into maplins who will measure the voltage and recommend a bulb.

Thanks, that's helpful.

It has two 1.5V batteries (Type C) so that's a 3V for the bulb.

I'll pop into Maplins and Peates tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have something for it. (Want really bright light!)

72oo

Little Update:

Having searched Maplins and Peates websites I don't think they'll have what I want.

Which is....

A Xenon bulb with P13.5s connection type, ideally around 3v. I know they're available somewhere! As they available in Halfords complete with the lights (just not in the shop that I bought from).

At this stage I'd buy from a reputable on-line store or ideally in Dublin city.

72oo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

T O'Reilly would be the place for bulbs

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    T O'Reilly would be the place for bulbs

Thanks, I'll give 'em a buzz tomorrow. Seems though that they cater for bigger types of bulbs. I'll ring 'em anyway.

72oo

EDIT: Turns out Halfords have 'em for €6.49

Advertisement