Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bioluminessence

Options
  • 02-10-2008 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

How're ya lads.
    I saw a most peculiar thing last night, I was bottom fishing off the rocks in Dalkey last night. It was getting a bit dark and I'd no torch so I decided to pack it in.I reeled in my gear and I was pulling messy bits of mackerel which I was using for bait with my pliers,when the strip of skin began to glo,First I thought some small current was passing between the pliers and the hook,Im not an electrician but electricity doesnt usually glow green! ,so on closer inspection there was about 4 or 5 tiny worms no bigger than 7.5mm long and 1mm wide,Im guessing they were worms because they were segmented and had no other features. They glowed in unison, a throbbing immense green glow,I dislodges the mackerel and dropped it on the rock and they glowed on regardless. I threw them back in the sea to glow on but Ive never seen anything like it,Can anyone fill me in or has anyone seen something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Well you're not too far from Sellafield there! :P :D

Advertisement