Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we need a guild website?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I'm bored and I like polls, so I thought I'd make another thread with a poll and kill 2 birds with one stone. I know none of you really needed an explanation, but as I said, I'm bored.

Anyway, do we need a guild site? Here is grand for what it is, but by having a site we can have all relevant info available at a click, rather than having to search the forums here and say WarDB and the Warhammer Alliance page.

I was thinking of something along the lines of this (it's a demo site from clansandguilds.ca). So here's some of the things we can do with the one above:

• We can have a forum there (nothing wrong with this one, but it is an option there),
    • It can also list our characters (it gets this info from the game so it should always be up to date),
    • Tells you if and when we're online (in-game),
    • Has a calender of upcoming events (not sure if this ties in with the in-game guild calender, but I'll check it out),
    • It also ties in with the WarDB site so you can get all the information from that on there,
    • We can host our own picture albums as well as video albums,
    • Ventrilo and TS server info
    And a load of other stuff that I haven't really read through yet.

The site above is just one of the guild template sites out there. As you'd expect, it's not free, but I've no problem fronting the money to pay for it (if I ever get to a Boards Beers you can get me back :D ). Since the guild has expanded fairly quickly, I just thought it'd be an idea to have a site of our own.

It'll cost you nothing. You won't have to do any work other than sign up (and occasionally tell me how great I am). And it'll have all the Warhammer info you need under one roof.

So what do ye think? Do we need it? And if it was created, would you use it?

Do we need a guild website? 9 votes

Yes! That's the greatest idea I've ever heard!
    0%
    No! You're an idiot!
    77%
    jaggehDcullyhumanjiTyrant^m5ex9oqjawdg2ideath1234567An7hrax 7 votes
    Only jerks choose option 3!
    22%
    ThE_IVIAcIVIAIVR0ot 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Certainly makes sense for you to have a site.

That said how many actually play as a group? I'd work on getting your game night going first and seeing who actually plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

No! You're an idiot!
    Sure if worse comes to worse, I can change it to a LOTRO guild site :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 An7hrax

No! You're an idiot!
    Good idea, but no need for a new Forum and such when this works good. but what we could do is get a coder (not me ;>) and force him to make a php application that is a forum but gets post from a certain forum only here (EG Warhammer guild).

then we can use the same forum databas. a bit short but you get the idea.

No! You're an idiot!
    There's easy and difficult ways of doing that. A simple way would be to have an inline page built into the guild site that would show boards. You'd still have to log into Boards though.

I can't imagine the Boards admin would want to allow outside access to their members database, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No! You're an idiot!
    I was only talking to Abe about this lastnight.
    Website would be great,some place to call home.

• Advertisement

No! You're an idiot!
    Oh, I'm sorry. You're not invited. It's for everyone else. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 An7hrax

No! You're an idiot!
    Humanji the admin for this bord plays in Cry me a RvR so i guess he could setup something like that (at least so I've heard.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

No! You're an idiot!
    A site seperate to boards.ie would be great... there will be a need for some organisation in the future, and for end game content... you know?

Advertisement