Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mechanic Speak

Options
  • 02-10-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear of the expression - a full H.U on your car - didn't want to appear stupid to the mechanic who told me this over the phone (always told never to show ignorance to a mechanic) - car was put in for a new alternator?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've never heard of that one. Ring him back and ask him - you're paying, why shouldn't he explain what you're paying for? Keep asking for clarification until it's clear to you. Make notes, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've never heard of that one. Ring him back and ask him - you're paying, why shouldn't he explain what you're paying for? Keep asking for clarification until it's clear to you. Make notes, too.

He has to ring me back so i will be getting a clear breakdown on costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Good. I think people sometimes take advantage of our reluctance to ask questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

maybe its a nice car you have and there gonna give it a harry vatanan former world champion style thrashing good and proper.
    you never know:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

maybe he's going to give you a Heads Up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just ask the guy what he means. Your not expected to be an expert.

For the record, the only thing I can think of for HU is 'Head Unit' - which is the unit that provides the sound source - i.e. your stereo.

EDIT : And less likely, Heads Up as in heads up display - on a Citroën C6, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

AlisonB wrote: »
    maybe he's going to give you a Heads Up :rolleyes:

think someones hit the nail on the head....

some people read far too deeply into these things

Advertisement