Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series 2008 (may contain spoilers)

• 02-10-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

spacer.gif
    WWE has released the official poster for Survivor Series 2008, featuring Randy Orton. The PPV will take place on November 28, emanating from the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA. Below is the poster:

SurvivorSeriesPoster2008.jpg

I'm guessing Orton/Manu/Team Priceless and Speechless will maybe face CM Punk/Kofi Kingston/Evan Bourne/Rey Mysterio ???????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i think that's a solid bet for a match.

i would hope for a couple of traditional survivor series matches but wont keep my fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I like the new logo.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I like the new logo.:)

+1.

Very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Picture is a bit odd though.

Picture is a bit odd though.

Looks a bit like a cacoon, maybe its supposed to symbolise Ortons rest which has transformed him from an ugly caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly...

:p
    Or maybe it just shows that his rest period is up etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Randy Orton is in the new Final Fantasy game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Looks a bit like a cacoon, maybe its supposed to symbolise Ortons rest which has transformed him from an ugly caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly...

:p
    Or maybe it just shows that his rest period is up etc etc

I thought WWE just realised he was dirt.

on second thoughts, maybe its the shot of all the injurys he sustained from the 'motorbike accident'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Picture is a bit crap though.

fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Will No Mercy winner Batista or JBL be facing Ladder Match winner HBK or Jericho for WWE title???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I'm predicting an Undertaker/big Show buried alive match at Survivor Series. don't these matches normally happen around this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

JP Liz wrote: »
    Will No Mercy winner Batista or JBL be facing Ladder Match winner HBK or Jericho for WWE title???????????

I am guessing that will be at Cyber Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I was thinking that too, I dont want to see another gimmick heavyweight title match after the scramble and ladder match's, Which is what usually happens at Cyber Sunday. They might just have Austin as special guest ref again or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That looks like a fake to me, to be honest. What PPV poster doesn't have a bloody date on it?! All the other posters that are leaked have the date and time on them.

Forgot about Cyber Sunday

I hope Jericho retains title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I hope Jericho retains title

definitely, hes the best man for the job on raw.

Does anyone know what the story is with edge? Id love to see him come back to RAW. The undertaker angle is a bit stale. I reckon an Orton-Edge feud would be good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

definitely, hes the best man for the job on raw.

Does anyone know what the story is with edge? Id love to see him come back to RAW. The undertaker angle is a bit stale. I reckon an Orton-Edge feud would be good.

Edge is ready to return, I dont see him on Raw anytime soon.

Hes ready to return? do you know what they are waiting for? cyber sunday perhaps?

ahh I know. He wont be on Raw, just saying Id love to see him on Raw.

Hes ready to return? do you know what they are waiting for? cyber sunday perhaps?

Who knows

btw why was that thread last night deleted?

• Advertisement

btw why was that thread last night deleted?

Maybe because it was a waste of a thread?

Saying the rock was coming back, even saying it came from the sun?!

And then in the same page saying it was bull?!!!

In my opinion, it being deleted was the least of what i woulda expected!

Maybe because it was a waste of a thread?

hahahahaha to borrow what im going to refer to as a 'rovert' from now on....

not being rude here but do you actually know what waste is?:D:D:D

hahaha seriously though, the initial thread was ****e, what followed was pretty lively discussion!! im pretty disapointed! i awoke this morning looking forward to wasting a day in college continuing it!:(:(

hahahahaha to borrow what im going to refer to as a 'rovert' from now on....

not being rude here but do you actually know what waste is?:D:D:D

hahaha seriously though, the initial thread was ****e, what followed was pretty lively discussion!! im pretty disapointed! i awoke this morning looking forward to wasting a day in college continuing it!:(:(

Discussing how vital Kane was to WWF during the Attitude and ignoring facts is a waste of a topic in my opinion.

You mean how vital Kane wasn't to the WWF during the attitude era! ;)

rovert wrote: »
    Discussing how vital Kane was to WWF during the Attitude and ignoring facts is a waste of a topic in my opinion.

'nuff said.
    :P

'nuff said.

Don't encourage him, seriously. You'll either end up going insane, like KKV, or banned. :)

'nuff said.

At least Ive things to base my opinion on unlike others. It was waste of time last night was just an exercise in staying the most ludicious thing about Kane irregardless of fact or reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

I had fun discussing Kane's value. Maybe I just like to argue and debate. I don't see why people like Rovert have to take all of this so seriously. It's only wrestling.

Because a lot of people have a hard time accepting hard facts.

• Advertisement

I had fun discussing Kane's value. Maybe I just like to argue and debate. I don't see why people like Rovert have to take all of this so seriously. It's only wrestling.

If we are talking about someone's value can we not use objective, quantifiable measures like revenue, ratings and buy rates, you know facts? If these measures supported KKV and other’s view on Kane I dont think they would be questioning their validity or their place in the discussion. The fact they refuted facts shows how delusional some of his fans are.

News on a major return possible at the event:
    ProWrestling.net

John Cena is being advertised for the Dec. 1 WWE Raw event in Washington, D.C. The Verizon Center website lists Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista in a triple threat match for the World Hvt. Championship. To view the ad, click here.

Powell's POV: The Survivor Series pay-per-view takes place in Cena's hometown of Boston, Mass. on Nov. 23, and that seems like a logical return date. Cena is being advertised for the Armageddon pay-per-view main event in the same triple threat match on Dec. 14, so he'll make his on-air return on that show at the very latest barring a setback.

News on a major return possible at the event:

Doesn't surprise me due to the fact that
    he was on the cover of the proper poster for the event, unlike the one JP Liz posted up earlier

WWE has released what looks to be a new poster for their Survivor Series 2008 PPV, taking place on November 23rd. The poster features John Cena, who may be returning to the ring at the annual PPV event. WWE has been running vignettes on Raw and Smackdown lately documenting Cena's surgery he received in late August for a herniated disc in his neck. The doctors told him he would be out for 3-4 months, which puts him back in the ring between late November and late December. Considering that fits the Survivor Series time frame and that the event is emanating from the Boston area, which is Cena's hometown, it appears likely he will make his return on the show.

WWE released a poster a few weeks ago that we posted here on WZ which promoted Survivor Series featuring a lone picture of Randy Orton. It is being speculated that Orton will most likely be returning to the ring at the event as well, as he is being advertised for house show matches against CM Punk during WWE's European tour beginning in November. It has not been confirmed which poster released is the official poster for the event, and several readers have commented that the Cena poster may be a fake, but both posters seem to indicate the returns of both Cena and Orton at the PPV. We'll keep you posted when the official poster is released.

lqcqv68gpzgme2rrkz.jpg

Im guessing Randy wont return until December then.

WWE released a poster a few weeks ago that we posted here on WZ which promoted Survivor Series featuring a lone picture of Randy Orton. It is being speculated that Orton will most likely be returning to the ring at the event as well, as he is being advertised for house show matches against CM Punk during WWE's European tour beginning in November. It has not been confirmed which poster released is the official poster for the event, and several readers have commented that the Cena poster may be a fake, but both posters seem to indicate the returns of both Cena and Orton at the PPV. We'll keep you posted when the official poster is released.

lqcqv68gpzgme2rrkz.jpg

That's because most wrestlezone readers and posters don't know their arse from their elbow! :D

• Advertisement

On Friday's Halloween edition of Smackdown, WWE announced The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov as the main event of next week's broadcast. If Kozlov wins the match, he will challenge Triple H for the WWE Title at the Survivor Series pay-per-view.

:(

On Friday's Halloween edition of Smackdown, WWE announced The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov as the main event of next week's broadcast. If Kozlov wins the match, he will challenge Triple H for the WWE Title at the Survivor Series pay-per-view.

:(

Ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ok?

I guess he is not keen on a Hunter v Vladimir title match at Survivor series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I guess he is not keen on a Hunter v Vladimir title match at Survivor series?

With a name like Liz,,,Id assume its a she:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

callaway92 wrote: »
    With a name like Liz,,,Id assume its a she:cool:

1/2*

• Advertisement

yes i'm a she and i'm not keen on seeing HHH V Kozlov

John Cena will be challenging new World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho for the WWE title at Survivor Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

flahavaj wrote: »
    1/2*

Wha?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Wha?

Careful this got called trolling last night. I agree with your post though.

Smackdown Spoiler

Big Show challenged Undertaker to a Casket Match at Survivor Series

Vladimir Kozlov got the win via disqualification after Jeff Hardy came out and hit him with a chair. He then hit Undertaker with the chair. Undertaker gets up and scares Hardy to the back. He then chokeslamed Vladimir Kozlov.

Triple H vs. Vladimiz Kozlov has now been announced for Survivor Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Undertaker gets up and scares Hardy to the back.
    :confused: Hardy being made out being cowardy?
    Triple H vs. Vladimiz Kozlov has now been announced for Survivor Series.
    Snore

dancor wrote: »
    :confused: Hardy being made out being cowardy?

Nope, just not near 7ft and near 350 pounds.

More quality television to the standards you'd expect from World Wrestling Entertainment :rolleyes:

Team HBK vs Team JBL is confirmed for Survivor Series. It's Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Cryme Tyme, and the Great Khali vs. JBL, The Miz, John Morrison, MVP, and Kane.

Apologies if posted in any other thread.
    I wonder what team will win that:rolleyes:

WWE.com has confirmed the following matches for Survivor Series which is set to take place on November 23, 2008:

-Chris Jericho vs. John Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship.

-Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov for the WWE Title.

-Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Great Khali and Cryme Tyme vs. JBL, Kane, MVP. John Morrison and The Miz in a traditional Survivor Series elimination match.

It is expected that The Undertaker vs The Big Show in a casket match will be added to the event however nothing has been officially announced at this point.

New match added
    Team Batista(Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy & R-Truth) vs. Team Randy Orton (Orton, Cody Rhodes, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal & Mark Henry)

That could be fun and unlike the other elimination match its hard to predict who will win this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement