Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survivor Series 2008 (may contain spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rjd2 wrote: »
    New match added
    Team Batista(Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy & R-Truth) vs. Team Randy Orton (Orton, Cody Rhodes, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal & Mark Henry)

That could be fun and unlike the other elimination match its hard to predict who will win this one.

I'm surprised Manu and Ted Dibiase Jnr are not in Team Orton :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm surprised Manu and Ted Dibiase Jnr are not in Team Orton :confused:

Ted has been written out as he is getting married. Manu is Manu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Manu would make far more sense than William Regal. Or, if you look at it differently, Jamie Noble would make more sense than Kofi Kingston.

Manu would make far more sense than William Regal. Or, if you look at it differently, Jamie Noble would make more sense than Kofi Kingston.

Storyline maybe but business and star power wise no

rovert wrote: »
    Storyline maybe but business and star power wise no
    It certainly doesn't do anything for the Priceless brand, which has the potential to bring in a lot more money than Regal. Anyway, we're talking about one participant out of ten. People will pay to see Randy Orton, Batista, CM Punk and Matt Hardy, and people will pay to see them in a Survivors Series match. Everyone else is really just making up numbers and continuing TV storylines.

It certainly doesn't do anything for the Priceless brand

Neither does Manu in fairness.

Ted has been written out as he is getting married. Manu is Manu.

Whatever way i read your comment i thought Ted was getting married to Manu :D

Whatever way i read your comment i thought Ted was getting married to Manu :D

Well this will answer your concerns:
    http://theclintonadministration.blogspot.com/2008/11/priceless-wedding.html

Neither does Manu in fairness.
    lol. Too true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Jericho is in for another short title run, is say they are not having all this big Cena comeback for him to lose during his comeback match.

So Jericho is in for another short title run, is say they are not having all this big Cena comeback for him to lose during his comeback match.

I expect Cena to lose via DQ or lose via "botched" interference by Batista or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

isnt koslov still unbeaten?wasnt he rumored to go unbeaten till wrestlemania and then face the undertaker? does this mean he will win the title at ss?

isnt koslov still unbeaten?wasnt he rumored to go unbeaten till wrestlemania and then face the undertaker? does this mean he will win the title at ss?

That was the plan before Cyber Sunday. But WWE seems to have lost faith in him after losing the vote and after him having poor matches with HHH on house test runs for the Survivor Series main event.

The most likely final Survivor Series card now looks like this:

Triple H vs Vladimir Kozlov for the WWE Championship.

Chris Jericho vs John Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Team JBL (JBL, The Miz, John Morrison, Kane and MVP) vs Team HBK (HBK, Cryme Tyme, Rey Mysterio and The Great Khali) in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination match.

Team Batista (Batista, Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Matt Hardy and R-Truth) vs Team Orton (Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry and William Regal) in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination match.

Raw Divas (Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall, Mickie James, Kelly Kelly and Candice Michelle) vs Smackdown Divas (Victoria, Maria, Natalya, Michelle McCool and Maryse) in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination match.

The Undertaker vs Big Show in a Casket match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The most likely final Survivor Series card now looks like this:

Triple H vs Vladimir Kozlov for the WWE Championship.

Chris Jericho vs John Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Team JBL (JBL, The Miz, John Morrison, Kane and MVP) vs Team HBK (HBK, Cryme Tyme, Rey Mysterio and The Great Khali) in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination match.

Team Batista (Batista, Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Matt Hardy and R-Truth) vs Team Orton (Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry and William Regal) in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination match.

Raw Divas (Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall, Mickie James, Kelly Kelly and Candice Michelle) vs Smackdown Divas (Victoria, Maria, Natalya, Michelle McCool and Maryse) in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination match.

The Undertaker vs Big Show in a Casket match.

Big spoiler
    The WWE Championship match is a Triple Threat Match between HHH, Koslovd Jeff Hardy..Hardy beat Triple H to get into this match

• Advertisement

The Survivor Series tag matches this year were ridiculously put together in my opinion...And I have no care in the world for them..Looking forward to Cenas match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I hear that, and even the Jericho/Cena match is gonna suck because no doubt WWE will throw the belt right back on MEGACena, the Kiddie marketing machine! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I hear that, and even the Jericho/Cena match is gonna suck because no doubt WWE will throw the belt right back on MEGACena, the Kiddie marketing machine! :(

I feel your pain but if HHH loses the belt then for me
    newyears.jpg

As much as i'm hyped about Cena's return i really hope Jericho retains the title i prefer Cena chasing the title for a while

I really HHH drops the title soon - its Hardy's time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

As much as i'm hyped about Cena's return i really hope Jericho retains the title i prefer Cena chasing the title for a while

I agree its about time for Hunter to do the right thing, and make Jeff a star. This is a big enough event for Jeff to become champion and Smackdown is crying out for a new champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just like they threw it back on him when he came back from the pec injury, eh?

I want to see Koslov win on Sunday..Jeff to win title at Wrestlemania please..It would be something else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The Survivor Series card is doing nothing for me to be honest, lumping feuding guys on teams is quick booking not good booking, The triple threat is just rehashed booking from Cyber Sunday (anyone notice that they used most of the unpicked matches anyway) and if Hardy wins by pinning Koslov it will be a disgrace

I cant see past Cenas big home town return either i'd sat hes almost guaranteed to take the belt, So not one I would order i may catch a replay online somewhere

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i think it would be a good place for batista to turn on cena since it would be cena's hometown and if cena had the crowd actually behind him it would work. I dont think HHH will lose id say they will have hardy once again come so close to winning the title but F up so they can continue his heelish character then win the rumble and go WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

EdK wrote: »

I cant see past Cenas big home town return either i'd sat hes almost guaranteed to take the belt, So not one I would order i may catch a replay online somewhere

I can't see Cena winning because it would make absolutely no sense to have Batista win and lose the belt in 8 days if Jericho's reign was going to be so short and considering that Jericho regaining the title has to have been booked in the knowledge Cena was wrestling for the title I can't see them having 4 different title reigns in a month. Cena or Batista will win it back at the next PPV in a three way IMO.
    . I dont think HHH will lose id say they will have hardy once again come so close to winning the title but F up so they can continue his heelish character then win the rumble and go WM.

If they have Hardy lose yet again there's no way he can regain his credability for the Rumble. He's lost twice clean to Hunter on PPV, if he loses again that will be 3 PPV failures in a row. I think he'll win it here but if he doesn't he should be fecked back down to the midcard with Edge ready to come back, Christian returning and Show and Taker's programme ending soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Maybe Jeff comes to an inch of beating HHH after a series of moves and near falls etc etc, to have Kozlov interrupt the pin, have him headbutt jeff and pin the 'out of it' HHH. Kozlov wins, and jeff can try at the next opertunity and have him go over then.
    Thus taking HHH out of the title picture and allow him to put over some of the younger guys.

Oh wait...

What am i talking about.. i just remembered this is Super hunter, theres no way he will be pinned on sunday.:o
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    I can't see Cena winning because it would make absolutely no sense to have Batista win and lose the belt in 8 days if Jericho's reign was going to be so short and considering that Jericho regaining the title has to have been booked in the knowledge Cena was wrestling for the title I can't see them having 4 different title reigns in a month. Cena or Batista will win it back at the next PPV in a three way IMO.

I would disagree with the point about jerichos title reign.

I think wwe could have put the belt back on y2j after realising if batista keeps it then they have a batista v Cena match. And by the looks of it and going by rumors that could ruin manias main event.

Possible spoiler here
    John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship is being advertised for the November 30th RAW live event in Reading, Pennsylvania. Take this for what it is worth as these commercials are always taped several weeks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Possible spoiler here
    John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship is being advertised for the November 30th RAW live event in Reading, Pennsylvania. Take this for what it is worth as these commercials are always taped several weeks in advance

If that is true then i would expect:
    Randy to screw someone over on sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

Possible spoiler here

Mind me asking where you saw that ad?

Mind me asking where you saw that ad?

i got it from nodq.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Im going to it this evening. Haven't watched any WWE since I was young in the good old days of Brett 'the Hitman' Hart days of WWF.

Should be great craic, hoping for a John Cena hometown win on his comeback

Source: F4WOnline.com

It is possible that Batista will play a role in the Chris Jericho vs. John Cena match, either costing Cena the match by mistake or helping Cena win. Jericho vs. Cena vs. Batista triple threat matches have been scheduled over the next several weeks.

Edge is backstage at tonight's PPV and could be involved in the HHH vs. Kozlov vs. Hardy match.

This is an outside chance that Umaga will return in the Undertaker vs. Big Show match but it is unlikely since WWE doesn't want multiple run-ins on the show. Umaga is expected to feud with Undertaker when he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Anyone got a half decent stream for the ppv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ya'll more than likely have to wait til it starts to get one goin. If I'm wrong someone else let me know :P

And we're off.
    Breaks my heart to see HBK curtain jerking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

And we're off.
    Breaks my heart to see HBK curtain jerking :(

Thought that was a bit weird myself

Erm, I'm not sure of the legal aspects of streaming so I'm gonna err on the side of caution on this one and ask anyone not to post them publicly, sorry if I'm looking like a killjoy on that one but I don't wanna put my foot in it big-time since I'm new to modding here and don't know if that's allowed. I'll check it with the other mods so I'm clear in future, my bad for not checking up on it. Sorry guys

Could do with a stream of this myself tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's normally cool. Streams are posted for football matches all the time and they are the strictest of mods

I think you can say you're looking for a stream orestes, just not allowed to publically post the link but can do via PM, that way it doesn't put boards in an awkward position.

I guess MVP managed to get a victory in before being completely jobbed out :D

• Advertisement

Lol, who did Miz piss off? He got buried out there by Mysterio the midget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think you can say you're looking for a stream orestes, just not allowed to publically post the link but can do via PM, that way it doesn't put boards in an awkward position.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, that's why I asked not to post the links in public. I can't do anything about what people do via pm

*looks away while whistling innocently*

Adamle was bad, but Striker isn't much worse, he's screwed up a few times during commentary. And what was all this garbage about Tears For Fears? (btw, they're still around, Striker!)

Divas Match = Piss break!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Welllll its the Big Slow:pac:

Horrible interview by Prattitude
    "Matt, how did this happen with your brother?"
    ".....I don't know!"

The whole world knows, he was on the lookout for the cheeba man!

• Advertisement

Welllll its the Big Slow:pac:

We all know it's coming.. gonna stink up the shoooww
    He won't see it coming, his P45's in the poooost
    It's the BIG SLOOOW!

Their entrances will be longer than their match.

Undertaker Entrance=Piss Break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Horrible interview by Prattitude
    "Matt, how did this happen with your brother?"
    ".....I don't know!"

The whole world knows, he was on the lookout for the cheeba man!

Of course like, what else would he being doing :pac:

Undertaker Entrance=Piss Break!

Dump break! You'd be guaranteed to come back and not miss any of the match!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

At a well known music festival this year I was the first person walking around topless and had the Big Show's entrance music sung at me by several strangers. It was very annoying, but watching this match makes me feel even more insulted 4months later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement