Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand surfboards

Options
  • 02-10-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Im looking to buy Bic surfboard, second hand. Im looking to buy Magnum 8"4.

Is there any place near Cork, selling secondhand boards???

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Jellyfish Surf Shop in Clonakilty take second hand boards in and might have what you are looking for,i got my BIC 7'9" there second hand.Give them a shoiut and see 02335890

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

saw a few second hand bic boards in the surf shop in bandon last week €250 for 7'10 board. give em a go:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

was looking around for a 7'9 bic as well but got a 7'10 tabou for 200 quid from Jamie Knox in the maharees.Please don't reply and tell me they are ****.I'm catching everything on the bugger .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

I've got a 8'4" Bic Magnum that I've been thinking about selling (€220) but I'm located in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

you can get a spanking new one online for only 300 with bag&lease etc

• Advertisement

Notch000 wrote: »
    you can get a spanking new one online for only 300 with bag&lease etc

Sounds like great value, what website is that?
    They are €380 for board + leash + wax in Lahinch

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

About €300 from kingofwatersports.com

One of the stickeys on the top of this forum gives good details about them

About €300 from kingofwatersports.com

One of the stickeys on the top of this forum gives good details about them

Wow, that really is great value ..... or else we're getting screwed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

ordered three BICs from them few weeks ago and all came through fine. Although the wax was missing, but didn't think it was worth complaining seeing as it's about 3 euros in a shop. Thumbs up from here anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

paddybar wrote: »
    was looking around for a 7'9 bic as well but got a 7'10 tabou for 200 quid from Jamie Knox in the maharees.Please don't reply and tell me they are ****.I'm catching everything on the bugger .

jamie knoxs is a legend!!he is sound out.sounds like good price.was in der last week and he had no 2nd hands u were lucky to get it...enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

Thanks.I wiil .I'll be down on sat and sunday trying the yoke out again ,forecast for sun on msw says onshore swell and offshore wind,if there's any size to it 'it should be rockin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

i'll sell ya my magnum for 150. brand new. used once. pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

i'll sell ya my magnum for 150. brand new. used once. pm me.

:p
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nicksrfcas

im selling a 6.4 sharp eye custom built board.mint condition.slater fins.new surf bag_new leash_very view but small pressure dents which is only normal i bought it in america shiped it to ireland i only used it 4-5 times its a sweet board

Seanot wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Hi,
    I bought my setup from Jon Hynes at Garretstown Surf school, cut me a pretty nice deal on a full starter package, might be worth a visit, he gets some second hand boards from time to time also.

Seanot wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Occy

Hey there im looking to get a second hand spider minimal 7'8 can anyone help???:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

hey - might sound like a stoopid question but what size should a beginner look for, 7"10ish??

does it typically relate to ur body height/weight etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

got an awesome deal on a surfboard in tramore surf shop the other day, they have lots of providence surfboards in stock and there really good price, to top things off they will give you 40 - 50 euro of the marked price if your buying leash and bag of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Occy

hey - might sound like a stoopid question but what size should a beginner look for, 7"10ish??

does it typically relate to ur body height/weight etc[/quot

no problem dude, a 7'10 might be a bit to big but a 7'9 would do start off with bic board you can catch loads of waves with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

7'10" is not too big, the bigger the better i say when starting out, i learned that the hard way:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Surfboard4sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ODuibhi

Im also lookin for a secondhandboard, 8'4 0r 8'
    please let me know if you find a good source. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydsie

Hi Guys,

I just seem your thread there. I have a bic 7'9 surfboard second hand baoard if anybody might be interested :) I am hading off to oz in jan. could do with the cash... would condsider any resonable offer. Has leash, fins, in great nick.. nice size board for a 5ft4 girl.. but not girly colours if any of u boys are interested..

i loved the board but me thinks its time to move on :( pop me a messge if u are interested. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

ODuibhi wrote: »
    Im also lookin for a secondhandboard, 8'4 0r 8'
    please let me know if you find a good source. thanks!

8ft for sale........ perfect condition!
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=164688&cat=500

and a 6'6" if anyone else is interested... in great nick!!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=164700&cat=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michael.1

is magnum in cork still for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydsie

thanks for your interest the board has found a nice new home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michael.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Just kicking off this thread again as I'm looking for a board and wondering if anyone has one going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joe_mcnic

HI All

Looking to get a decent secondhand surfboard (Bic) preferably! But willing to consider all options. Im ideally looking for a 7'5-8' long board and looking to pay between €150-200 to get it. Im located in Dublin during the week but return home to Mayo at weekends. All help is greatly appreciated! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Don Pedro Golf

Anybody have any feedback on Providence surfboards..I am looking at Providence 6'8'' Fat Boy, just looking for feedback

Advertisement