Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Furious with Garage!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Nope

All Standard

Although I wouldnt mind a nice set of Tein Coilovers... dont have the money plus the insurance company wants an extra €300 (or in and around that) for coilovers per annum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Did they give you a printout of your steering geometry pre and post adjustment ???

If it still isn't right, then the problem most likely is a worn suspension bushing, ball joint, track rod end or inner tie rod. I don't think some quick fit outlets would have staff trained to check these items, I've never seen them checking for these defects before anytime I've seen wheel alignment being done in a quick fit outlet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Indeed they Did.

the Toe allignment is correct but the camber is off by a few minutes

Ragrdless

I paid them to do a Job. When I got the Car 5 months ago It was fine. Part of the suspension was replaced not long ago. IE the shocks/Springs etc are newish I would say about 8/9000 miles

I really dont think its the suspension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

There is an accentric bolt for adjusting camber on an Evo. This was probably removed when you had your suspension work done and not inserted correctly.

I know the sheet gives you pre and post readouts, but I'd say it's outside the abilities of a quick fit outlet to adjust camber on an Evo. It depends on who is doing the job but I'd say you'd be lucky to find someone doing this for you who would be able to adjust your camber.

I found a link here that might be of some help to you...

http://www.evotuners.net/forums/f2/camber-adjustment-2686/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

grahambo wrote: »
    Thats unfortunate mate.

I would never bring my car to an Irish mechanic/dealer. I always go up north (I'm Irish Btw LOL)

They just cant be trusted, simple as.
    EG Last car I had (Mondeo) brought it to a Guy cuz the engine light was on. got it back (€200) he said there was a problem with the engine mangement system and he fixed it.... hes fixed it by pulling out the bulb for the light!

brough teh car to a Ford Dealer.. they wanted €900 for the fix
    Then brought it to a ford dealer in newry.... £340

Will I ever use an Irish garage/dealer again?

Hell No!

Just as well theres never been any highly publicised dodgy servicing practices uncovered in main dealers in the north...........

• Advertisement
Advertisement