Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWAT 4 Problem

Options
  • 02-10-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi i have a problem with my SWAT4 game for the pc,

I have got it installed and ready to run but when the autorun program pops up and i click the play button the following message pops up:

Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C\Program Files\Sierra\SWAT4\Content\Swat4.exe.

I dont have a clue what that mean's but I have tried the support on the Sierra Website but it didn't help any.

Thanks in advance,
    Gazza376.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Which version is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

To be honest Im not sure I think it is version 1.1, but I can't say for definite as i don't know how to check the version.

Can you tell me how to check the version?
    When i added the Expansion pack to it, it installed a 1.1 patch for Swat 4.

bump

Anyone know how to fix this or know where to go to fix it????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Might want to install the latest .NET framework redistributable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I get it too and it makes swat 4 unplayable. Does it take a while to read from the DVD before it gives the error? Theres nothing on sierras site about this :mad: BUT it could be the securom copy protection. Follow these instructions and see if you have any luck: http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=analysis.

Securom sent me out a fixed exe when it first happened which sorted it for a while but when i switched to vista i had to give up on it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

tbh mate: try another pc, install the game and get it running under a different pc and copy and paste the working install folder back onto your pc.

It took this to get a legal copy supreme commander forged alliance to properly work/patch on my pc when securom decided to hate me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm..i have swat4 working fine on vista x64.

a legit copy, patched to 1.1 but with a...how you say...no cd patch cos I cba looking for said cd when I feel like playing.

both swat4 games and rainbow six:vegas died utterly on vista for me. Im pretty sure that some of the problems were caused by the dvd drive/securom but Im gonna dual boot with XP again soon, i have vista fail edition I think.

Thanks very much guys for all the help, im going to try the Securom first and see how that goes, thanks again and i will let you know how i get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Bambi wrote: »
    both swat4 games and rainbow six:vegas died utterly on vista for me. Im pretty sure that some of the problems were caused by the dvd drive/securom but Im gonna dual boot with XP again soon, i have vista fail edition I think.

Had no problems on Vista x64 with either of them, this is using the SecuROM "fix" of course :)

Nick

I sent off an email to Securom about the problem, attached with the details that they wanted and I am just waiting on there reply.

Hi guys i got a reply from SecuRom today with the following:
    Please download a new "swat4.exe" from the link below.
    I would appreciate it if you could rename your current one to
    "C:\Program Files\Sierra\SWAT 4\Content\System\swat4.exe.OLD",
    extract the downloaded file into the application path mentioned and start the newapplication.

The link for the new file is: http://www.securom.com/support/customers/vugames/Swat4_t100/swat4.zip

If the problem persists, please send another analysis file of the latest executable to us.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.
    Best regards,
    SecuROM Support

I have downloaded the file to my desktop and I just have to unzip it, and I can change the name on the end of that line posted above, but how do I "extract the downloaded file into the application path mentioned and start the new application" Please keep answers simple.

Sorry sounds like a stupid question but Im not too technically minded.
    Thanks.

this should work in XP:

once youve renamed the original swat4.exe just copy and paste (or drag)the new swat4.exe into that folder then double click on it

Hi, thanks for the advice but i encountered a few more problems,

1.When I went to rename the end of the file line to add the OLD it wound't let me.
    2. When I unziped the file an error comes up saying:

Swat4.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application had failed to start becouse AlAudio.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix those problems?

Thanks.

Hi guys I just wanted to let you know that I now have SWAT 4 working st last, so thanks very much to everyone for all there help and advice.

But I have the exact same problem with SWAT 4 The Stetchkov Syndicate (Expansion) and I hope that it can be as easely resolved as the last one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Excellent game.
    IMO, you should just get a no-cd Exe and completely get around Securom BS. Im not suggesting piracy obviously, just working around the protection as unfortunately tends to freak out old games on modern OS's.

Actually the fixed exe from securom is essentialy a cracked version i think. Either way it didnt do the trick in my case, swat still had issues. :(

Advertisement