Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT/OMSP valuation for my old car

Options
  • 02-10-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

OK the VRT on a car I am about to register is being valued at omp without even being looked at.

I done this over the web to see how much this would be my Co2 [g/km] has not been established for my car so I get the higher rate at 36%.

I thought well ok thats not to bad as the value of my car is very low because it is not 100% perfect in any means and has done 134000 miles.

Till they sent me back a guessimate of €1295.00 to have my car registered in this country.
    Which with out asking the value of my car or even the state of my car put a guessimate value of €3600 on my car.

I have to say my car is now 22 years old so you can imagine that it is in no way shape or form near that value.

I would like to know how without asking about the detail of your car they can put a value on it ?

yes you can look in the book and say €3600 for one with leather interior 100% perfect not a scratch on it value , but there must be a value for a beaten up old banger that needs attention like in any guide you get the good bad and ugly but not in the eyes with the VRT it seams all cars come perfect.

Not only that but if my car is imported from japan instead the same car same age and mileage would be €300 cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

post split off from two year old thread - new thread created

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

make/model/etc.?

Advertisement