Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job seekers allowance....am i entitled???

Options
  • 02-10-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Ill try and put this as simple as possible, basically 21 years old. done a fetac course 4 years ago after leavin school,have since started two college courses but dropped out for health/personal issues, have been out of education for 2 years basically.

Havent ever been in full time employment, mainly due to personal illness, and other issues goin on at home.
    Moving in with my boyfriend,paying half the rent but money won't last long!hoping to find a job soon, can i claim job seekers allowance while Im looking?
    Any reasons I wouldnt be entitled to this????

Any info wud be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 emz20

:confused:Anyone have any info at all??Would really appreciate it because really stuck in a situation and don't know what I should do

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

have you tried applying & being turned down??
    There should be no reason why you won't qualify, you will have to register with FAS as well before drawing any entitlement.
    So long as you are between 18 - 66, capable of work, prove you are seeking employment you are entitled to job seekers allowance or job seekers benefit.

check out link below.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/unemployed-people/jobseekers-allowance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

no dont think you be entitled being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

If your living with your boyfriend and he is working, you willbe means tested against his income. you wont get much if any

patpark121 wrote: »
    have you tried applying & being turned down??
    There should be no reason why you won't qualify, you will have to register with FAS as well before drawing any entitlement.
    So long as you are between 18 - 66, capable of work, prove you are seeking employment you are entitled to job seekers allowance or job seekers benefit.

check out link below.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/unemployed-people/jobseekers-allowance

Thanks for info patpark, just to fill you in on a few more things, my boyfriend isn't working, returned to college as a mature student this year and is not getting any grants etc.

Haven't applied yet as haven't needed the help but now that I've moved out I really do, have applied for four jobs today though so hopefully get something.

• Advertisement

no dont think you be entitled being honest.

Really? I can't see why not really because am currently applying for every job under the sun...living out of home...living on the little bit of savings etc I have and am not living with a partner that is working or anything:(

Advertisement