Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which AEG to get.....

Options
  • 02-10-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Right, well im gathering gear together to start doin some skirmishes an stuff, got my first bit of kit today. The Tokyo Mauri GBB Beretta "Tactical Master". But now im stumped. I want a decent all round AEG BUT i dont want to get an m4 type one because most of my mates have tose types (i know its a stupid reason cause they're good but i want some individuality ya know?). And i dont want an ak bacause of the lack of rails that come standard on them. So if i'm not thought to be a crazy person an told to take a hike could people give me some advice. It would be much appreciated. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I have 2 M4's :D The G36 would be a good choice.. Have some rails on em... Maybe an AUG?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Retro_Rob

Yeah i was thinkin G36C alrite, just wanted opinions on any others. Is the AUG like the steyr?

Retro_Rob wrote: »
    Yeah i was thinkin G36C alrite, just wanted opinions on any others. Is the AUG like the steyr?

It is the Steyr... There are two varients... The militray version with a built in scope and the civilian version which just has a rail where the scope is on the military version.. I'm not a big fan of the bullpup conifguration myself.. (mag behind trigger/handle)

Yeah thats why i was askin, not mad on that config myself... :( Is there any hope for me???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The JG G36C is your man then, or the clone UMP. There is also the clone SCARs aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

wouldnt aise on a g36c either there are as comon as muck aswell
    even though i have one:D
    a g3 ras is brilliant far better than my g36c and i only know of me and g3-nut that have one

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Whats your budget?
    If I was to start again I would only buy one of two brands, jing gong if i was on a budget (HK416 is beautiful) or G&G...any G&G real nice high end kit.

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/index.php?cPath=22_42

I like the scar, the Fs51 and GR300 shorty.

The problem is choosing which one to buy first.
    Unless full metal makes you drool I would avoid it, I like light compact guns, i find them more practical but we all have our preferences.

Good luck and i hope you make the right decision.

My budget is about up to €300 i'd say, but i have to admit that scar is nice scapegoat. i might be willin to push it up for that.... An daz, i was lookin at the G3 an i do love em, but i want somethin a little shorter that i can use for CQB aswell ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

i was lookin at the G3 an i do love em, but i want somethin a little shorter that i can use for CQB aswell ya know?

That's the point of the bullpup design, keeping a full-length barrel but giving a much shorter rifle.

Most countries that don't have their own arms industries and vested interests seem to end up choosing the AUG. There are 20+ armies using it now. I'm very happy with my A1. If you want something with rails, look at the A3. kevteljeur has one and he's smitten. Eirsoft stock them.

The L85 is worth a look, though I think you'll have to pay extra for a SUSAT sight. They take STANAG mags, same as the M16/M4 so you can swap with your teammates.

The FAMAS is apparently not very reliable, though it looks great with CCE camo :)

The G36c from Jing Gong is the acme of starter AEGs: tough, accurate, reliable and well priced. I just wanted an AUG from the first time I saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i just got the jing gong steyr A1 thing there yesterday. my first gunnish thing since i was about 5 years old. soo much fun. balances perfectly centered on the grip, leaving the non-dominant hand for fine tuning without weight bearing. another great thing about the steyr is, the real thing looks like a bit of plastic, so you feel ok about buying a plastic one. i wouldn't feel the same about an m4 variant. having a sight already there on the A1 is great. no extra expenditure on a sight. i think the steyr is a love/ hate thing for people. i wonder what is the most common gun people here have? might do a poll to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

G36
    SIG-552
    SCAR
    HK417

Those'd be the ones I'd go for if I didn't have a lovely M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

As Oz says I'm smitten by the JG AUG A3 - it'll be next season's G36C. But the JG G36C is, and always will be, an excellent choice for a first AEG, and if you're not mad about the bullpup design of the AUG then it's the best choice of the non-M4 designs. It's a little short for my liking, but as the others have said, tough and reliable. JG now do a G36K, which might suit you better - ask for it specifically, it's new but your favourite dealer should be able to get one for you. The G36C is excellent for CQB as well as longer range engagements. It's also very upgrade-friendly and forgiving for newbies to muck about with.

You might notice that these are all Jing Gong, which is a good choice for value for money and solid performance. The newer ones come upgraded from factory and are bomb-proof.

In budgeting for your AEG, leave about €100 for carrier bag, smart charger, a set of spare mags, spare battery and maybe a scope or dot sight. That'll eat up the 100 pretty quick without even getting you your bag of bbs.

Are the A3s in yet btw, I was ment to drop into the shop today but I had a bit of a mad one last night.

Yeah i know the bullpups are supposed to be good but i just dont like the look of them really. So what do ya'll think of the scar? There's a G&G one for 350 in eirsoft an a CA one in mia....

If your looking for a high end SCAR, VFC and G&G are your only two. The VFC is a lot easier to strip and work on, it actually takes down exactly like the real steel there are vids on youtube showing this, both are very good but if had to pick I'd pay the extra 20 for the VFC. Actually that what I did last year and I'm very happy with mine. You get a nice big carry case with the VFC one aswell.

I know I sound biased and that because I am towards VFC both only for the SCAR, G&G is top on nearly everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

lately classic army have been getting a name for themselves as unreliable.
    I would prefer g&g for reliability.
    Have only heard good things from g&g and mine hasn't caused me a problem yet.

The rate of fire is great out of them scars!

Awesome, cheers lads. Chaos, you know where i can get the VFC scar from? Do i have to order it online or do a shop do it?

Tony stocks them, I got mine from him. You might have to pre order it though.

They're at the bottom.
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/index.php?cPath=22_32&sort=3a&page=2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The G&G one is gorgous, the VFC is lovely too but theres also the STAR version, probably the nicest to be honest, you dont want the Classic Army or JLS versions though, the dboys hasnt a patch on the first 3 but its reliable if you want a scar on the cheap.,

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

VFC SCAR is the best one out there... externally anyway :)

Personally, I've not known when CA have ever actually been reliable in the first place :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

My budget is about up to €300 i'd say, but i have to admit that scar is nice scapegoat. i might be willin to push it up for that.... An daz, i was lookin at the G3 an i do love em, but i want somethin a little shorter that i can use for CQB aswell ya know?

Take Daz's advice, get the G3, dont worry about CQB, that means you just gotta use youre G3 like a man! or possibly like a taliban, ie-hip fire:p

but on a serious note, a G36C, 416 or SCAR is probably a perfect choice for an all rounder

Changed my mind again. I think i'm gonna go with the Tokyo Mauri G36C. Can only get it online tho, so gotta aquire a credit card from somewhere... Stupid sites an their not takin laser.... :(

Changed my mind again. I think i'm gonna go with the Tokyo Mauri G36C. Can only get it online tho, so gotta aquire a credit card from somewhere... Stupid sites an their not takin laser.... :(

Dont go looking for a credit card yet mate the lads at Eirsoft http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/ might be able to order it in for you, send tham an email and they will reply pretty quick, sometimes right after you send!:eek:

G3-Nut wrote: »
    Dont go looking for a credit card yet mate the lads at Eirsoft http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/ might be able to order it in for you, send tham an email and they will reply pretty quick, sometimes right after you send!:eek:

I mailed them there, hopefully they can get it in. Be much handier. Cheers Nut

I mailed them there, hopefully they can get it in. Be much handier. Cheers Nut

no problem mate...just make sure not to sheet me in the face and were even!!:p

G3-Nut wrote: »
    no problem mate...just make sure not to sheet me in the face and were even!!:p

Sheet you in the face? Never! Shoot you in the face... Now thats a different story... ;)

p.s still no reply to my mail....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Are ye mad?

TM g36c?

Get the JG g36c, its exactly the same gun, cheaper, and fantastically reliable and a great performer.

You can get one in Eirsoft, in the shop, now.

I have no idea why anyone would get the TM over the JG, its a top notch piece of kit.

Sheet you in the face? Never! Shoot you in the face... Now thats a different story... ;)

p.s still no reply to my mail....

LOL i always mistype...e is so far from o how did i manage that lmao:D

you know what motosam is right, the JG G36's are animal, everybody who ever had one will tell you, even the lads in eirsoft, and its so much cheaper man...

I just like my TM beretta so i wanted to keep the trend goin lol. But i'm an airsoft n00b like i said so i shall take your collective advice an opt for the JG so.

• Advertisement

I just like my TM beretta so i wanted to keep the trend goin lol. But i'm an airsoft n00b like i said so i shall take your collective advice an opt for the JG so.

Now hurry up and buy it so you can shoot people :D

Advertisement