Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 PSP Modding questions

Options
  • 02-10-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

I'm on 3.52M33-4 ,Phat PSP.
    (1) Can I upgrade to 4.01 directly from here?
    or
    (2) What's the best version at the moment you would recommend?

I also have an 8GB Sony Pro Duo Memory Card but it will only show 7.77GB Free and then will only take up to 4GB storage?
    I know the card is a fake, done all the googling but is the capacity because of the version I'm on or is it a 4Gb with an 8GB writing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

PADDYPOKER wrote: »
    I'm on 3.52M33-4 ,Phat PSP.
    (1) Can I upgrade to 4.01 directly from here?
    or
    (2) What's the best version at the moment you would recommend?

Yes you can upgrade direct to 4.01 M33 from 3.52 M33-4. Just download 4.01 M33 & Sony 4.01FW (renamed to 401.PBP) and place in PSP/GAME folder.
    I also have an 8GB Sony Pro Duo Memory Card but it will only show 7.77GB Free and then will only take up to 4GB storage?
    I know the card is a fake, done all the googling but is the capacity because of the version I'm on or is it a 4Gb with an 8GB writing?

You a fake 4GB hacked to read that is an 8GB card.

NOTE TO ANYONE READING:
    THERE ARE NO GENUINE SONY PSP MEMORY STICKS OR BATTERIES ON EBAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

PADDYPOKER wrote: »

i think it's because of your firmware... try to upgrade your firmware coz i read somewhere that 8gb mem sticks work properly on 3.71 and up.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

i think it's because of your firmware... try to upgrade your firmware coz i read somewhere that 8gb mem sticks work properly on 3.71 and up.:)

Not true!
    Its just the way fake cards work....
    when you buy 2GB you get 1GB
    4GB - 2GB
    8GB - 4GB
    16GB - 8GB

There also real slow to transfer but generally run games OK.
    Just make sure your only putting 4GB on your card as the data will become more and more corrupt. also try to format it regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

The 8 gig's would not work in one of the relly early firmware's aboit 3.0 back that far it's a fake so he will not get the 8 gig on to it

Ive got a few fake cards they are 4gig ones but they all hold 4 gig's one of them lose's bits of it if i dont use it for a while or your files just disapear the fake cards stink :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I have a Phat PSP on 4.01M33 and another Phat PSP on Sony 3.95.
    I'm trying to put CFW on the Sony one. the instructions I have got, say make sure the CFW one is on 3.xx but it only lists the firmware up to 3.90M so do I have to downgrade the CFW one to 3.90m to allow me to put CFW on the Sony one or change the setting to 3.xx even though I'm on 4.01
    or leave it as 4.xx on the cfw one and just upgarde the Sony one using those settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

What instructions are you using first of all? No need AT ALL to downgrade the PSP on 4.01 M33. Anyway if you were to downgrade, you would need to use a Pandora Battery which is what you use to mod the PSP with Sony 3.95FW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have a Phat PSP on 4.01M33 and another Phat PSP on Sony 3.95.
    I'm trying to put CFW on the Sony one. the instructions I have got, say make sure the CFW one is on 3.xx but it only lists the firmware up to 3.90M so do I have to downgrade the CFW one to 3.90m to allow me to put CFW on the Sony one or change the setting to 3.xx even though I'm on 4.01
    or leave it as 4.xx on the cfw one and just upgarde the Sony one using those settings?

Ignore the fact that you have CFW on one of the PSPs, this doesn't help in getting CFW on the other one. The instructions you're reading are probably telling you that in order to upgrade a PSP with an existing CFW on it to 4.01M33, that it needs to be above version 3.51OE or something like that. This is irrelevant if the PSP you're trying to put 4.01M33 on has an original firmware on it.

The only way to upgrade the 3.95 to 4.01M33 is to use a Pandora battery and boot jig.

Advertisement