Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thunder Clouds Over Galway Today

• 02-10-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Took these pictures today in Galway the 1st one was a brilliant anvil head thunder cloud this morning and the other 2 during torrential rain at lunchtime.

P1010009.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

that 1st pic is one of the best anvils i've seen! nice pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That's a stunning picture of the anvil! Saw it too today but didn't have my camera, it looked like the rapture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Good stuff, nice anvil and mammatus for the cloud gallery. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Another Anvil head I got a while back during sunset over Galway Bay

ThunderClouds-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Stunning photo well defined anvils. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Great pics Storm 10. I was actually watching them clouds in pic 2 hovering over the eircom tower in Mervue as I was walking down Monivea Road! And I can confirm that the rain was indeed very heavy, as I got caught out in it, and got facking drenched. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great stuff there, lovely anvils:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I would urge you to enter the anvil photo and one or two others in the Netweather monthly photo competition .... you have lots of time as the month has just begun. Very dramatic picture indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Excellent photos. Love the one of the bay. Keep 'em coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Love the first one, text book CB. Very strong updrafts in that one. Notice the convection bursting through the anvil into the stratosphere. Did you notice a pileus or cap above this at first, like a dome shaped cloud above that again?

Maybe it's just too bright far away to notice it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Brilliant anvils, lovely pictures!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Snowbie wrote: »
    Love the first one, text book CB. Very strong updrafts in that one. Notice the convection bursting through the anvil into the stratosphere. Did you notice a pileus or cap above this at first, like a dome shaped cloud above that again?

Maybe it's just too bright far away to notice it?

Hi Snowbie

To be honest with you I was on my way to work when I spotted it, I carry my camera with me all the time in case I spot something so I was lucky with the one I got. I am just sorry I could not get to the seafront to get a photo as it would be even better but I am happy with what I got you dont see too many perfect anvil clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The last time I saw clouds like that was in Australia. Our weather is really changing.

Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement