Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Sat-Nav 48 euro tesco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Dyflin wrote: »
    All sold out in Nenagh :(

How much where they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Ahhh, read the thread title. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Saw the posting late last night,found the phone number for Tesco Nenagh,saw that they opened at 8am this morning and phoned them at approx 8:30 am,spoke to a very polite lady in customer services and asked her did they have the Garmin Nuvi 250 in stock and at what price,she said they had 1 remaining,she scanned it,the price came up at 49 euro,I asked her could she reserve it for me,"no problem" she said.Offered my credit card details,"not neccessary" she said.She took my mobile number,I drove the 40 odd miles to Nenagh and collected my Garmin Nuvi 250 at approx 11am.What a bargain.Thanks Pebbles 21 :D

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Ahhh, read the thread title. ;)

Ah yes...

garmin sat-nav 48 euro tesco.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

thay have tham in dungarvan tesco for 35 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

xbox36016 wrote: »
    thay have tham in dungarvan tesco for 35 euro

i don't believe you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

I heard they're selling for a tenner in the UK, with Ryanair flights... ya know... :p

eolhc wrote: »
    i don't believe you :pac:

They'll be free with a dozen eggs next. :D

Saw the posting late last night,found the phone number for Tesco Nenagh,saw that they opened at 8am this morning and phoned them at approx 8:30 am,spoke to a very polite lady in customer services and asked her did they have the Garmin Nuvi 250 in stock and at what price,she said they had 1 remaining,she scanned it,the price came up at 49 euro,I asked her could she reserve it for me,"no problem" she said.Offered my credit card details,"not neccessary" she said.She took my mobile number,I drove the 40 odd miles to Nenagh and collected my Garmin Nuvi 250 at approx 11am.What a bargain.Thanks Pebbles 21 :D

Great first post. At least someone's happy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

kleefarr wrote: »
    How much where they?
    48 as said, texted a mate in Tipp and he rang them, they had two left but both spoken for. They had the Tom Toms too. Tesco in Bloomfields had the Tom Toms as well.

Seems to have been a bizarrely true blip on the bargain radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

They had them in Athlone but all sold out.

Anyone know where I could find who supplys Tesco with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tesco Nenagh definitely had them in stock this afternoon at €49.98 each.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

esel wrote: »
    Tesco Nenagh definitely had them in stock this afternoon at €49.98 each.

Do you have the GPS co-ordinates for the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

In other news, Dunnes are selling 60GB PS3's for €5 each :pac:

Terms and conditions apply. While stocks last. Something something something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭devil-80

In Sligo they dont have it so....Mod shuld close thread.

• Advertisement

I know two people who bought seven units between them in Nenagh this afternoon.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Edit: Comment withdrawn apologies to the OP

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mitsubishi

I got one as well in nenagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone seen this offer in Cork ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Suicide Jockey

Tony wrote: »
    The OP should be saying "I'll get me coat"

Why. I dont get it. I picked one of these up last night in Tesco Nutgrove for 50 blips because of the OP's original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Just bought the Nuvi 200W in Tesco Midleton Cork. Not as good a bargain as the 250W but will do what I need it to. I bought it literally 2 Hours ago and there were about 5 in stock. Thanks to the OP.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

devil-80 wrote: »
    In Sligo they dont have it so....Mod shuld close thread.

Why, just because the aint in Sligo, maybe retitle it instead, what do you have against Tipp..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

ah, boll*cks, but one in wilton, for 90! feck it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Tweaky wrote: »
    Just bought the Nuvi 200W in Tesco Midleton Cork. Not as good a bargain as the 250W but will do what I need it to. I bought it literally 2 Hours ago and there were about 5 in stock. Thanks to the OP.:)

thats still a good price I will head out that direction later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Barr wrote: »
    thats still a good price I will head out that direction later
    The only difference is that you don't get the european maps. As you said it is still a great price for that unit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Any left in Dublin??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Dades wrote: »
    Lads, I think we've been sent on a merry goose chase.

apologies if i misled anyone here i was just passing on information from a very reliable source which turned out to be true and btw i didnt mention any other tesco store other than nenagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

they have the tom toms for 79 euro

Pebbles21, ignore the begrudgers. You posted a valid BA, and people have benefitted from it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Fair point, I've withdrawn my earlier intemperate comment, apologies.

pebbles21 wrote: »
    apologies if i misled anyone here i was just passing on information from a very reliable source which turned out to be true and btw i didnt mention any other tesco store other than nenagh

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

none in Maynooth :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Lads this is a genuine bargain alert. Was in tescos in nenagh myself a half hour ago and they had 2 garmin sat navs left on the shelf behind customer services for 49 euro or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

None in Tallaght - checked yesterday. They had no clue about deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

None in clarehall either. From the looks of it they only sold tom tom, no garmin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just back from Nutgrove, no sign of any SatNavs anywhere on the shelves and yer wan at the "customer service" desk didn't even know what a SatNav was so dno't think there were any there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

pebbles21 wrote: »

Well done.You will always get the usual shower here who have to throw in their inane comments.Ignore it all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Just back from Nutgrove, no sign of any SatNavs anywhere on the shelves and yer wan at the "customer service" desk didn't even know what a SatNav was so dno't think there were any there either.

Yeah I called down to nutgrove earlier too and picked up one of the TOM TOM go DVDs and went to ask someone for a price, nobody at customer services and no staff on the floor, Tescos can be a pain, they never display prices for stuff like that, how is one to know if its on special! :mad:

I gave up in the end, and I was a bit annoyed considering I had to root around for ages down there to find the SatNavs at all. They were on the bottom shelf at the back and no price displayed and was some sort of DVD pack which wasn't very obvious that it was actually SatNav at all.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Anyone get any in Tesco Letterkenny?

Might save a trip if none are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Kamili wrote: »
    Yeah I called down to nutgrove earlier too and picked up one of the TOM TOM go DVDs and went to ask someone for a price, nobody at customer services and no staff on the floor, Tescos can be a pain, they never display prices for stuff like that, how is one to know if its on special! :mad:

I gave up in the end, and I was a bit annoyed considering I had to root around for ages down there to find the SatNavs at all. They were on the bottom shelf at the back and no price displayed and was some sort of DVD pack which wasn't very obvious that it was actually SatNav at all.
    Can't hold a grudge against that store after I got that 32" LCD from them for €400 which was probably 2 years ago at this stage but the staff there seem terrible, if you manage to get a manager they are very helpful though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

are the dungarvan ones still there, or any ones in waterford or a, i too late? seems like its hit or miss for most stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Can anybody suggest a place to get a Garmin with bluetooth by Wednesday? cutting it fine I know..

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Got a 250 and a 200W in Nenagh yesterday evening. He said he only had 2 x 250s left but wouldn't sell the other to me saying only one per customer. He said he had about 70 x 200w left.
    The 250 has European maps but the 200w only has UK and Ireland so not as good a deal but for €45 still a bargain.
    There are none on the shelves - he had them all tucked away in a back room behind customer service/cigarette desk and there was no advertising - in fact you wouldn't even know they sold Garmins as only TOM TOM on view.
    So thanks OP for passing this on.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Limestone1 wrote: »
    He said he had about 70 x 200w left.

I know Tesco's stock control is ****e but did Nenagh get a shipment consisting of the satnavs for the entire country ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

none in waterford (or the fictitous dungarvan store) looks like its just nenagh. waterford did have the tom toms half price at 75 euro though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

None in Carlow either....
    I'll be passing through Nenagh in the morning. Where is Tesco there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

none in waterford (or the fictitous dungarvan store) looks like its just nenagh. waterford did have the tom toms half price at 75 euro though

Galway had something called a "Navigator" for €74.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Was in Tesco Roscommon today and they had a yellow label with Garmin 250 €49. Unfortunately none left and the guy at customer services said they flew out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Limestone1 wrote: »
    The 250 has European maps but the 200w only has UK and Ireland so not as good a deal but for €45 still a bargain.

I bought a Garmin 300 in October last year (which also had just UK & Ireland maps on it) I didn't register it on the Garmin website until the middle of December and thus qualified for a free update to the new release of maps. Garmin also gave me a free upgrade to the full European maps at the same time. I did have to buy a 2 Gb SD card as the onboard memory on the 300 (&200W) is not big enough to hold the full European maps.

There's no guarantee that they will do the same this year but it has to be worth a try! Keep an eye out on the GPS forum for more details on the new map releases.

Then some scumbag broke into my hire car in Germany earlier this year and stole it!:mad:

So would anyone like to buy a 200w in Nenagh and post it to me?:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do-more wrote: »
    So would anyone like to buy a 200w in Nenagh and post it to me?:D
    Heh, if somebody has one spare, I'd gladly take one too. I'd pay a bit extra of course to cover postage and inconveniences. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

byte wrote: »
    Heh, if somebody has one spare, I'd gladly take one too. I'd pay a bit extra of course to cover postage and inconveniences. :)
    Heh, I even let you keep the clubcard points! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement