Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Sat-Nav 48 euro tesco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Prob too late but anyone know if these are in Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

byte wrote: »
    Heh, if somebody has one spare, I'd gladly take one too. I'd pay a bit extra of course to cover postage and inconveniences. :)

same here, i'm involved in a voluntary Ambulance service & i've been on the lookout for one for my Ambo. So if anyone is in the Nenagh area and willing to help, I'll gladly re-imburse .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Mr E wrote: »
    None in Carlow either....
    I'll be passing through Nenagh in the morning. Where is Tesco there?

If you follow the signs for borrisokane off the roundabouts coming from limerick and take the last exit on the borrisokane road roundabout into nenagh, follow the road, you should see a texaco on the left and you'll see tesco on the right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    same here, i'm involved in a voluntary Ambulance service & i've been on the lookout for one for my Ambo. So if anyone is in the Nenagh area and willing to help, I'll gladly re-imburse .

It would be right at home in the ambulance too, coming from Nee-Naaagh! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    It would be right at home in the ambulance too, coming from Nee-Naaagh! :D

& it only took you 4 minutes to think that one up ! :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

sorry to jump in but on the garmin nuvi 200w, when you have input a destintion and are on your way

it only shows arrival time on the bottom left, if u press this it comes up with a new screen with a load of stats including current speed, is there any way for it to display ur current speed on the main map screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody know of any tesco's in Dublin which have these in stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Anyone confirm any stock, anywhere outside Nenagh? If not, thread should be renamed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

BArra wrote: »
    sorry to jump in but on the garmin nuvi 200w, when you have input a destintion and are on your way

it only shows arrival time on the bottom left, if u press this it comes up with a new screen with a load of stats including current speed, is there any way for it to display ur current speed on the main map screen?

Not when you have a destination set, same in my nuvi 610, other than showing the screen you speak about but then you can't see the directions, bit stupid IMO.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭BigAl>>

Has anyone actually gotten one of these???? seem like reading the posts no one has!. If this is the case thread should be deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

BigAl>> wrote: »
    Has anyone actually gotten one of these???? seem like reading the posts no one has!. If this is the case thread should be deleted.

read thread again, quite a few people got them. they have 1 250 left and about 70 200W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

i cant believe i didnt spot this thread until now,i was in Nenagh yesterday for some bizarre reason!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

None in Finglas, Blanchardstown or Greystones.

I'd advise anyone checking stores to ask at the customer service desk if they have any sat navs. They keep them and mobile phones etc. in a secure storage area. I asked the home wares staff in Mullingar on friday if they had any and was told no, but then on Sunday I had to ask at the customer service desk about something else so also asked about sat-navs the guy had a root around and pulled out a TomTom, it scanned at €300!:eek: Point is that even though nothing is on the shelves and the floor staff say that there is no stock, check with customer service to be sure...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I'd advise anyone checking stores to ask at the customer service desk if they have any sat navs. They keep them and mobile phones etc. in a secure storage area. I asked the home wares staff in Mullingar on friday if they had any and was told no, but then on Sunday I had to ask at the customer service desk about something else so also asked about sat-navs the guy had a root around and pulled out a TomTom, it scanned at €300!:eek: Point is that even though nothing is on the shelves and the floor staff say that there is no stock, check with customer service to be sure...

Basically, you're saying there were no Garmins for 48euro in Mullingar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I bought the 200w in Nenagh yesterday and am very happy with it. I think the poster above is incorrect though about them having 70 units left I have been speaking to someone who works there and he's certain that they have only 7 in stock.
    The store in Nenagh was broken into last night and the thieves only targeted the customer services desk.

thanks OP.

ian_m wrote: »
    Basically, you're saying there were no Garmins for 48euro in Mullingar?

As per post #43
    None in Mullingar....

The point was for people to ask at the customer service desk rather than just looking on the shelves....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

My Dad was just in Nenagh to get one of these Sat navs. He enquired at the Customer Service Desk. Apparently there was a robbery last night and they were all stolen.
    However, they took his name and phone number - they are expecting more in and will call him to let him know when they are back in stock

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

cAr0l wrote: »
    My Dad was just in Nenagh to get one of these Sat navs. He enquired at the Customer Service Desk. Apparently there was a robbery last night and they were all stolen.
    The thieves must had heard they were on sale. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

However, they took his name and phone number - they are expecting more in and will call him to let him know when they are back in stock

Getting more in! How come Nenagh gets so much and nowhere else does. I'd drive down but have no satnav to guide me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JOL

At that price, they are a steal. :p

Thus the interest from the theiving fraternity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Irish scumbags shop around, so you get the best deal when your buying stuff from somebody's boot in a dunnes car park at 3 in the morning. Just another way Knackercos make your life easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Wonder if the "discount" will be on the Full RRP or the discounted price? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Can't believe you bastards made me go into a Tesco for this,

Tesco Abbeyfeale has none, probably larger stores only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

ch750536 wrote: »

All hail the power of the bargain :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭maherball

gonna check in tesco lucan hopefully it will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Tesco Mahon Point had just one GPS in stock on Saturday (When I asked where they displayed the GPS receivers a manager and a stacking guy said "we don't do GPS receivers" - when I said SatNav they woke up.....) - anyway - they only had a TomTom One UK & Ireland at €75. Didn't think this was an unmissable bargain so I left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

maherball wrote: »
    gonna check in tesco lucan hopefully it will be there

Was in there early on Sunday morning and could only find TomToms for around 80 quid. Couldn't see any sign of Garmin units and the customer services desk was closed at the time so didn't get to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

I got one early Friday morning in the Roscommon store, it was the last one on the stand, which was set up driectly inside the door of the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

ch750536 wrote: »

Hah, and you thought you had principles ;)

• Advertisement

None in Athlone, Tullamore or Edenderry.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

None in Tesco Ashbourne either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Does anyone know if Tesco Nenagh got these back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

I called neenagh early, she said the garmins are gone, her manager will know tonite after 12 if they are getting more in. otherwise the tom toms are still 79 euro

how does the garmin for €50 rate against the Tom Tom for €80 ???

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    how does the garmin for €50 rate against the Tom Tom for €80 ???

My brother has the nuvi 250, its a nice gps, and if you could get it for 50 it would be a right steal, couldn't tell you about the tomtom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Tesco wexford? Any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Was in Tesco homewares Dundalk this morning for something else...no Garmins, some TomToms on display...asked girl for price on TomTomOne...€99.99...asked her about promo, didn't know what I was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

The Garmin nuvi 200W was selling for 45 Euro at the Tesco in Jervis this evening. They also had a Medion GoPal for 37 Euro, no SD slot on the GoPal though.

You'll need to ask at customer service for the sat nav's. Thanks to the OP :-)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Didn't see any satnav's of any description in Tesco Letterkenny today, but didn't ask at the CS desk.

• Advertisement

Checked Mullingar this evening, no Garmins.

They do have some TomTom One UK & Irelands at €75 and the girl on CS said that they had Sat Navs last week for €38 (the Medion I guess) but they flew out the dood...

invest4deepvalue.com

Went into Tesco Maynooth yesterday.

No Garmins, 2 TomToms for €80 but both "damaged", come back in 2 weeks when the new store opens :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ive had no luck getting one of these :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... but they flew out the dood...

Maybe the dood will bring more? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

3 left in tesco jervis street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Make sure you go to the customer desk in Jervis.
    I bought 2 of the Garmins this morning at 9am at €44.95 they'e a bargain. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

As Always there is nothing in Sligo.Anybody can pick up one for Me ? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Make sure you go to the customer desk in Jervis.
    I bought 2 of the Garmins this morning at 9am at €44.95 they'e a bargain. :D

Thanks for the posts gents but they are all gone from Jervis street. :(

Anybody know of anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dimple

I got one of the last ones from Jervis St at about 11am this morning thanks to the OP :)

• Advertisement

Tescos Cork only have the tomtom one for 80 euro. The woman at the helpdesk said there was a sale the other week, but then said it was for another tomtom, was 80 euros down from 400.

Advertisement