Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Sat-Nav 48 euro tesco

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ch750536 wrote: »
    Can't believe you bastards made me go into a Tesco for this,

Tesco Abbeyfeale has none, probably larger stores only.

Haha! Tesco Abbeyfeale gets nothing, EVER. In there every day and same stuff since day 1 basicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dimple wrote: »
    I got one of the last ones from Jervis St at about 11am this morning thanks to the OP :)
    Thanks to Tintar, you mean! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Anyone know if these are available in TRALEE, KILLARNEY, CORK ANYWHERE? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Have a Garmin 3 days now and found it brilliant, only problem is it takes a while finding the satellite.
    To people who've bought one, what size SD card do I need to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭MURDO

Have a Garmin 3 days now and found it
    brilliant, only problem is it takes a while finding the satellite.
    To people who've bought one, what size SD card do I need to get?

Most probablt standard SD card. Where did you get you Garmin and for how much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Jervis Centre
    200W Half Price at €44.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I assume the SD card is needed for map updates or is there something else it is used for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I had a Nuvi 300 before and it wouldn't read the Tevion SD card from Aldi. I got a Kingston card from MemoryC.com and it worked fine.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Jervis Centre
    200W Half Price at €44.95.

Just rang Jervis there & they said their all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

skywalker wrote: »
    Just rang Jervis there & they said their all gone.

rang Jervis @ 9am Monday, talked to Store Manager who told me that he had about 12 in stock as no one knows that his store sells electrical ! Couldn't put one aside for me until my day off today !

Drat & double drat :mad::mad::mad::mad:

To make it even worse, was in Jervis on Saturday. No signs up and no GPS visible at CS Desk so didn't ask !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    rang Jervis @ 9am Monday, talked to Store Manager who told me that he had about 12 in stock as no one knows that his store sells electrical ! Couldn't put one aside for me until my day off today !

Drat & double drat :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Phoned a moment ago again. They are all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Popped into Tesco Jervis at lunchtime.....more in hope than anything else.

Asked one of the guys in the electrical section, who spent a good few minutes in the stock room but came back empty handed.

So that's an 'in person' confirmation that none remain in Jervis Street. Crap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Have been reading this thread from the start but only last night did I go to Tesco New Ross. Looked for GPS display but there was none. Had to go to CS desk anyway so just asked if they stocked GPS. Girl said she wasn't sure if they had any left, there had been a great deal on them but that it was over now. Asked which model I was interested in, said Garmin and she pulled out the last one in stock. Checked price - €49.98!!:D Got it, tried it, very happy with it. Many thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Have been reading this thread from the start but only last night did I go to Tesco New Ross. Looked for GPS display but there was none. Had to go to CS desk anyway so just asked if they stocked GPS. Girl said she wasn't sure if they had any left, there had been a great deal on them but that it was over now. Asked which model I was interested in, said Garmin and she pulled out the last one in stock. Checked price - €49.98!!:D Got it, tried it, very happy with it. Many thanks OP.
    Lucky sod :D
    Was it a 200 or a 250 you got for that price?

I'd say 250 as the 200 was €44.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

For those people lucky enough to get one - make sure that you register it on the garmin website and you will be able to download the latest versions of the maps. Europe NT v2009.
    I was lucky enough to get the 200w and installed the latest maps last night for free. It beomes a better bargain by the day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Tweaky wrote: »
    For those people lucky enough to get one - make sure that you register it on the garmin website and you will be able to download the latest versions of the maps. Europe NT v2009.
    I was lucky enough to get the 200w and installed the latest maps last night for free. It beomes a better bargain by the day :D

I think the recommendation is not to register it for a while until the new maps come out and then you'll get them free if you register at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

leex wrote: »
    I think the recommendation is not to register it for a while until the new maps come out and then you'll get them free if you register at that point.

The new maps are out City Navigator NT 2009. see thethread below. You have to register within 60 dys of first satellite fix to be enitiled to free upgrade

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57595362#post57595362

leex wrote: »

Those are the new maps, they are out much earlier this year than last. Anyone buying a Garmin which has version 2008 or earlier can go ahead and register now.

Some more detail on the GPS forum here.

invest4deepvalue.com

Also details on the Garmin site here.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

As per Garmin Site
    Simply register your new Garmin nüvi or zūmo at myGarmin within 60 days of first using your device and you’ll be able to see if a free map update is available for your device.
    The nüMaps Guarantee program will begin on October 15, 2008. Anyone who first used their new Garmin nüvi or zūmo on August 17th or later will be eligible for a free map update if one exists within 60-days of the unit's first use. Limit of one free map update per unit

So you get 1 Free update and then pay for any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Do-more wrote: »
    Those are the new maps, they are out much earlier this year than last. Anyone buying a Garmin which has version 2008 or earlier can go ahead and register now.

Some more detail on the GPS forum here.

Cool. I didn't expect them for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So, buy two. Update one now and use it for a year then sell it. Start using the second one then and get 2010 maps free! :D

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    So, buy two. Update one now and use it for a year then sell it. Start using the second one then and get 2010 maps free! :D

If I could get one I'd be happy!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

If I could get one I'd be happy!

Me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say 250 as the 200 was €44.95.

Got the Garmin 250 - jammy eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Picked up the 200w in Killarney today for €44.98.
    Was behind CS desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

what about other stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I rang Tesco in Nenagh on Saturday as I was heading in that direction - they only had the TomTom One UK & ROI in stock for €79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I rang Tesco in Nenagh on Saturday as I was heading in that direction - they only had the TomTom One UK & ROI in stock for €79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

If you have the 200w can you load the European Maps on it for Free or do you need to have the 250?

PADDYPOKER wrote: »
    If you have the 200w can you load the European Maps on it for Free or do you need to have the 250?

You'll need a SD card to put them on at least as the 200W doesn't have sufficent onboard memory space for them.

Last year Garmin gave me a free upgrade from UK & Irl maps to full Euro maps not sure if they will do the same this year, can anyone who has got this years upgrade shed any light?

invest4deepvalue.com

On the off chance they do, how big a card would you need to download them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

On the off chance they do, how big a card would you need to download them?

According to this thread the Europe maps are 2.5GB.

Therefore a 4 GB card. Haven't gotten around to registering mine yet so I don't know if they have give UK&Ireland only or with Europe too for the 200W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

I was in Tesco in Maynooth and they only had the Tomtom One at €74 which only had UK and Ireland. Euro maps are about 50/70 euro more. The store in Lucan has none left of either kind.

• Advertisement

Be careful what SD card you get, I first got a Tevion 2gb card from Aldi for my Nuvi 300 but it wouldn't read it, then I got a Kingston and it worked fine. I think there may be a list of approved cards on the Garmin site. AFAIK you could use a 2Gb card and choose not to install some countries that you are never likely to visit to get you down from 2.5Gb to under 2Gb, check this out first though it's nearly a year since I last upgraded my memory of it could be wrong...

invest4deepvalue.com

d8player wrote: »
    I was in Tesco in Maynooth and they only had the Tomtom One at €74 which only had UK and Ireland. Euro maps are about 50/70 euro more. The store in Lucan has none left of either kind.

Is the new Tesco in Maynooth open yet? If not do you know when it will open?

invest4deepvalue.com

Why don't they have Ireland as a country when you go into the Garmin site?

Cheers Do-More was wondering about that all right.
    At least with Aldi they would refund the purchase price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Why don't they have Ireland as a country when you go into the Garmin site?

Yes ironic since they are a sat nav company.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

You'll need a SD card to put them on at least as the 200W doesn't have sufficent onboard memory space for them.

Last year Garmin gave me a free upgrade from UK & Irl maps to full Euro maps not sure if they will do the same this year, can anyone who has got this years upgrade shed any light?

I have the 200w, and after registering was given a free upgrade to City Navigator Europe 2009 maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

would anyone be able to pick me up one of these and i would paypal them the cost + postage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Just picked up a Medion gopal for 37.
    Does anyone know if the maps/software will be updated for free as Garmin do?

leuler wrote: »

Where did you get it?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Where did you get it?
    No doubt a different unit to leuler's, but just saw Aldi have them this week for €150.

3 times the price of the OP of course. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Mine is similar to the Aldi one with sd slot, but not widescreen and the maps are 2006.
    I got it in Stillorgan, it was all they had.

anybody know if these SD Cards will work with the Garmin 200w?

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Sandisk-2gb-SD-cards-pack-of-2/SDSDB2-2048-E11/product.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Sandisk-2gb-SD-cards-pack-of-2/SDSDB2-2048-E11/product.htm

I just got an answer for a similar question :-)

See - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055402406

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

leuler wrote: »

Any more info on this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

I put a 4gb into mine and it worked fine.

The only thing is, the reason I bought it was to accomodate that 2.4gb download with the updated maps. The installation software would only allow me to choose the existing regional maps (UK and Ireland) which fits onto the 200w's internal memory anyway...

Was thinking more about the make rather then the card size tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement