Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should my dcotor have made me pay??

• 02-10-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Hi girls, went to the doctor today to have my maternity benefit forms signed. I had originally signed up to do combined care with him, but haven't been to him since first visit when he told me I wasn't pregnant.

Like I said, I went down today, and he didn't even examine me, he ASKED me what date I wanted put on the form and charged me 20€ to sign it. Now I didn't mind paying it, but people have told me since that he shouldn't have charged me for signing the form, is this right??

Can one of you ladies help me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi adrieanne__x

Honestly I haven't a clue but if I was to guess I'd say it was free if you had a proper consultation as the dr can charge the health board through the combined care scheme. As he didn't examine you? and only the form was signed maybe he doesn't get paid hence the €20. I'd phone the secretary and ask.

You might want to think seriously about changing docs too as you're never going to be happy with him now especially when it comes to him seeing to your baby ( who he already kind of endangered!).

He sounds like a right tw*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

On both of my kids I got the maternity benefit form signed by the doctors on my hospital visit (was combined care with both), no personal charge for this either time. Some doctors will alter the due date a little - you're meant to take a min. of 2 weeks mat. leave before the baby is born but this could end up being 4 weeks before baby is born if you're anyway overdue & lots of moms would rather have the time to take after.
    Sounds a bit iffy to me charging €20, why not give the benefit office themsleves a call & see what they say.

Advertisement