Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa 09 Team?

Options
  • 02-10-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone be interested in getting together a boards XI (or X rather) to take on the Fifa world? 10 v 10 online is something i and i'm sure a lot of people have been waiting a long time for, so it would be good to organise something. If you're interested leave your gamertag and preferred position(s).

Gamertag: kilamangiro2
    preferred positions: full-back, central midfield, winger

Edit: Damn, can a mod move this to the Xbox forum? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

i am in and i am a forward

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gamertag: Melvyn84
    Position: Midfield/Striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd say this would be mega crack but I've got an american console so not sure if I bought a copy here it would work! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I need to get a new Gold Membership, I really really want to try out 10 v 10 though so I think I'll get one soon.

Gamertag: Lenigma
    Position: Midfield or on the Wing

Going to need a LOT of players seeing as you need 10 online at the same time, i say the best thing to do is ''Fastest fingers first'' and you take whatever position your quick enough to get :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Going to need a LOT of players seeing as you need 10 online at the same time, i say the best thing to do is ''Fastest fingers first'' and you take whatever position your quick enough to get :o

i think only 3 at a time are needed to play a match.

Out of interest, what camera do people use for Be a Pro. I find the default one very off-putting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Good idea, i'm moving soon though so i'll be without internet at home for a couple of weeks :(

Follow the link in my sig to support a Boards.ie FIFA forum. It's soooo needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

yeah im in if you need me.Will play anywhere.

i think only 3 at a time are needed to play a match.

Out of interest, what camera do people use for Be a Pro. I find the default one very off-putting.

In last years one i found the controls in BPA were less responsive then just playing online normally or offline. So i played on the Tele view as it was somewhat easier in possession. In 09 it seems to be more sluggish aswell in BPA, so stick to Tele again!!

In last years one i found the controls in BPA were less responsive then just playing online normally or offline. So i played on the Tele view as it was somewhat easier in possession. In 09 it seems to be more sluggish aswell in BPA, so stick to Tele again!!

yeah that's what i started to do. It's anoying when you go out of picture though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Count me in, I'm a devastating left winger.

yeah that's what i started to do. It's anoying when you go out of picture though

Ya you just have to watch the radar and adjust accordingly, way easier though to make runs and use the ball when in possession:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

well up for this cental attacking midfielder or defensive.

would love to play with people who are intrested in team play as all my be a pro experiences involve retards running the pitch on their own/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You can add me to the team, I'll play anywhere but probably better off in the middle somewhere. P.S, I WILL suck as I haven't played Fifa in 6 years. I'll buy it in a couple of hours.

You can add me to the team, I'll play anywhere but probably better off in the middle somewhere. P.S, I WILL suck as I haven't played Fifa in 6 years. I'll buy it in a couple of hours.

all i see is people saying they will join..is this happening by the op or does someone else need to do it..btw same problem is happening with my topic i just realised..we could all be on different platforms:L

Soby wrote: »
    all i see is people saying they will join..is this happening by the op or does someone else need to do it..btw same problem is happening with my topic i just realised..we could all be on different platforms:L

yes this is going to happen.
    Signed up so far:

Whatawaster: Full Back
    XBOX36016: Forward
    Melion: Midfield/Forward
    OctavarIan: Midfield/Wing
    Soby: Play anywhere
    Super Furry: Left Wing
    Ghouldaddy07: Midfield
    Jerichoholic: Somewhere in the middle
    Cactus Mac88: Central Defense or Midfield
    Futureguy: Central Defense/Wing/Def Mid

10 so far and a couple more interested. Is everyone on the XBOX 360? Just making sure.
    Plenty of Midfielders and Strikers.
    Any more defenders out there?

We need to decide on a manager. Anyone want to put their name in the hat?

Ye count me in. im on xbox 360

Position: I can play anywhere centrally whether it be defense or midfeild. Be warned Im crap on the wings or at full back.(EDIT:Just reading the last post I see your in need of defenders so ill play central defense)

Gamertag:G M E 27

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

garak001

will play anywhere except LB/RB, but prefer CB or wing. Ideally a defensive midfielder :pac::pac::pac:

yes this is going to happen.
    Signed up so far:

Whatawaster: Full Back
    XBOX36016: Forward
    Melion: Midfield/Forward
    OctavarIan: Midfield/Wing
    Soby: Play anywhere
    Super Furry: Left Wing
    Ghouldaddy07: Midfield
    Jerichoholic: Somewhere in the middle
    Cactus Mac88: Central Defense or Midfield
    Futureguy: Central Defense/Wing/Def Mid

10 so far and a couple more interested. Is everyone on the XBOX 360? Just making sure.
    Plenty of Midfielders and Strikers.
    Any more defenders out there?

We need to decide on a manager. Anyone want to put their name in the hat?
    yup xbox too...Sure ill go manager for the craic if no one else will...any other takers??..we can call me plan z:p

yup xbox too...Sure ill go manager for the craic if no one else will...any other takers??..we can call me plan z:p

Yeah go for it. I'll be your Sarah Palin, ready to step up to the plate (much to the dismay of all and sundry) in the case of your unfortunate death.

Do you want to go ahead and create the club then? It might be best to pick a random team, otherwise there could be too much time wasted debating it here?

• Advertisement

Yeah go for it. I'll be your Sarah Palin, ready to step up to the plate (much to the dismay of all and sundry) in the case of your unfortunate death.

Do you want to go ahead and create the club then? It might be best to pick a random team, otherwise there could be too much time wasted debating it here?

kk all done..went for milan randomly..i think we can change it as we go along though so if people get sick of it and want a different team or whatever..
    nos to find out how i add everyone in:confused:

For all the people already signed up, I'm wondering what you think your BEST position is, as opposed to your favourite. We'd all love to be attacking, but it would be great to have a team where people play the roles they are assigned.

I'm a good enough attacker, but my strength in Fifa is my defending.

By the way, what age are all my teammates??? :p

Manchester United, Barca and Inter seem to be the teams being played by the top players.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    For all the people already signed up, I'm wondering what you think your BEST position is, as opposed to your favourite. We'd all love to be attacking, but it would be great to have a team where people play the roles they are assigned.

ye im gonna go defence...im 17.
    The team is called 'Boardsies' i think ya's have to search it and join as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I wouldn't mind signing up too....

I like playing right wing or up front but my best position is probably center mid! I've searched for the team, found it, but I can't see an option to join? I do see an invitations tab though?

Tag: RichieMUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

FutureGuy wrote: »

On the wing left or right. Great at getting to the byline and whipping in a cross.

Ah i have it worked out now..can everyone just add my tag: soby000 and i can put ya's into the club..i have you added Y2J_MUFC.
    BTW reading the manual on this it says
    "There's no hiding behind a five-star team in this mode-every clubs attributes are identical so all your hopes rest squarely on the shoulders of your recruited players!"

that should prove intresting

Ah i have it worked out now..can everyone just add my tag: soby000 and i can put ya's into the club..i have you added Y2J_MUFC.
    BTW reading the manual on this it says
    "There's no hiding behind a five-star team in this mode-every clubs attributes are identical so all your hopes rest squarely on the shoulders of your recruited players!"

that should prove intresting

b+o+a+r+d+s+i+e
    2+15+1+18+4+19+9+5

=

So go through the team selection menu and get the 73rd team...hey presto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Cheers, I'm in, if you go to your player hub, the invite goes in there. It doesn't alert you that you have a pending invite though.

Not sure if you can change teams, but if the teams are identical stats-wise, why not play as an Irish team? Or maybe someone like Sunderland? Might be a good idea....Up to ye, just throwing it out there!

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Cheers, I'm in, if you go to your player hub, the invite goes in there. It doesn't alert you that you have a pending invite though.

Not sure if you can change teams, but if the teams are identical stats-wise, why not play as an Irish team? Or maybe someone like Sunderland? Up to ye, just throwing it out there!

ye kk ill go for sunderland..i dont think ill even go there with the irish teams...we could be forever trying to please everybody..Unless ya's want me to go as the national team???

Advertisement