Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scams on Carzone

Options
  • 02-10-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭

I am currently looking to buy a new car and have been looking mainly on carzone. I have enquired about a number of cars in the past few weeks, and all but 2 of them appear to be scams. In the ad they are always located in Ireland, but when I email the seller there is always a story that the car is in England or mainland Europe and it is already in possesion of a shipping company or some bull.

I enquired about 2 cars this week, a Golf and an Astra. From both I got word for word the same reply that the car is in Livepool and the seller bought the car for her brother who had since died and that she now lives in USA. The person then looked for a €5000 guarantee through Western Union. When I put it up to them that it was a scam they denied they had asked for money. I reported the ads on carzone and also sent them an email, but, nothing. The cars are still up for sale.

It seems very similar to a 419 scam to me, has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement