Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best phone for 300euro

• 02-10-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

hi. last week i dropped my N95 in the sink and it f*cked now.
    anyways im look for a new phone to replace it. what do you guys think is the best phone available for 300euro?? it must have a good camera(3mp atleast) must be 3G and have mp3+ radio. i was thinking of getting an N95 8g from adverts.ie. would this be the best option??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I bought an N82 on ebay last week. I have to say im very impressed. It has a 5mp camera which is the same as the N95 but with a proper flash so the quality is much better in low light. It also has all the fancy stuff like GPS, WIFI, MP3 and Radio etc. And it cost me exactly €300:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cooperguy wrote: »
    I bought an N82 on ebay last week. I have to say im very impressed. It has a 5mp camera which is the same as the N95 but with a proper flash so the quality is much better in low light. It also has all the fancy stuff like GPS, WIFI, MP3 and Radio etc. And it cost me exactly €300:)
    Holy shít, that phone is awesome. I don't need a new phone but fúck it I'm tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,469 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

always wanted to try out the n82, but the networks never did it did they? i'm wtaching the n85 with interest. i never buy a phone without testing it first, it seems to be the same minus a xenon flash too....

None of the networks do it here I think. Mine came from Hong Kong. I have yet to see a bad review for it and I cant fault it yet either. The battery didnt last very long the first couple of days but I suspect that was because I used GPS for about an hour, played games for a couple of hours, listened to the radio for a few hours and made phone calls and texted (my job is veery boring!)

The specs are here: http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=171115

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

+1 for the n82. Even managed to impress her indoors with the camera and geo tagging.
    You would have large change if you are prepared to go slightly used on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

cooperguy wrote: »
    None of the networks do it here I think. Mine came from Hong Kong. I have yet to see a bad review for it and I cant fault it yet either. The battery didnt last very long the first couple of days but I suspect that was because I used GPS for about an hour, played games for a couple of hours, listened to the radio for a few hours and made phone calls and texted (my job is veery boring!)

The specs are here: http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=171115

Have heard that the screen on n82 isn't the best. And that the phone is a bit bigger than it appears on pictures.

i havent seen any problems with the screen yet anyway. The link above to the specs will give you the resolution etc. If you want to compare it to other phones. The phone is a small bit bigger than a k800i which was my previous phone. I dont find it too big anyway.
    I have found one slight niggle. It takes a small bit of time to get used to the buttons for texting as they are a bit small. They arent too bad though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭opus

Would agree about the N82, it would seem to cover most of the bases. Only downsides I can see are the tiny buttons & perhaps the battery life could be better but otherwise it's by far the best phone I've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

N95 is availible on adverts.ie for around 300 or slighty less.which would you go for?? what is the N82 like in comparrison to the n95?? i would have tought the N95 was the better 1

i cant see any differance in the specs except for the accelerometer (which doesnt bother me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Both n95 and n82 have accelerometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

so the only differance is in the look of them???
    i think i would rather another N95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5800-en.shtml

seems interesting - lot's of unlimited free music for the first year with camera, video/mp3/radio and a touchscreen to boot. It's Nokia's first touchscreen phone and it runs on s60.

And it's 279 euro unsubsidised...so if you get it with a contract it should be free and even with payg it should knock at least 50-70 off that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'd go for the Sony Ericsson c902 its amazing ive had it for 3 days and still haven't had to charge it yet. 5MP camera, Radio, 3G and €309 on O2 Online.

I have never used a Sony before have primarily used Nokia's but based on my experience with this one so far i wont be going back.

so the only differance is in the look of them???
    i think i would rather another N95
    The N82 is supposed to have a better camera (well picture processing anyway) and it has a proper flash which makes the picture come out much better. The battery life is improved aswell I think.You also have the advantage of removable memory

Advertisement